mistletoe || h. webb

I rang the doorbell and rubbed my hands together, trying in vain to warm them up. I knew California winters weren't bad at all but it being December made the temperature drop even the slightest bit.

The door flung open and a very frazzled Franny greeted me.

"Thank goodness you're here. I feel like I'm the only sane person in this house," she said as she tugged me inside. "Guys, (Y/N) is here!"

Kian and Bobby's heads popped around the corner and I gave them a wave. I dropped my jacket and beanie off on the kitchen table and walked into the living room.

I froze when I saw Harrison standing on a ladder helping Jc hang something on the doorframe. I self-conciously began pulling my jeans and trying to fluff up my hair from the disheveled state the beanie left it.

I could see Franny wiggle her eyebrows at me from where she was standing and I glared at her. She was the only one who knew about my crush on Harrison and it was definitely staying that way. Harrison was too good of a friend, I didn't want to risk it.

He climbed back down to the floor and started to move the ladder to another part of the wall when he noticed me. He grinned and jogged over, giving me a bear hug.

"You didn't tell me you were back in LA," I said, pulling away from him and smiling.

"Surprise," he replied with a wink.

I felt my heart rate increase and the blush starting on my cheeks. I tried to hide my nervous giggle with a cough but it was to no avail.

At that moment Anderson turned the corner and I was so excited for the distraction that I ran straight for him and jumped in his arms, latching onto his neck.

"Ando!" He wrapped his arms around my back and gave me a squeeze.

"Hey Harrison, guess we know who her favorite is," he said with a wink. "How have you been?"

"Really good," I said. I was about to ask him the same question but I saw the look Harrison had on his face. Was that disappointment?

Before I could think about it anymore Jc grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room where they had an artificial tree set up.

"We need you and Franny to decorate this. Girls are better at placement and stuff like that," he said. I nodded and started to shuffle through the bins of ornaments.

"Girls are better at everything," Franny said, joining me on the floor.

We were catching up while we decorated when we heard a bang then a yell. Franny jumped up and ran to the kitchen and I followed suit.

Harrison was on the ground holding his head while Kian was holding his hand, blood dripping on the floor.

Franny rushed Kian over to the sink while I knelt down next to Harrison. He looked up at me through his fingers and I could see blood on him as well.

I grabbed his arm and helped him into the bathroom where I gently set him back on the ground and looked through the drawers for Band-aids.

I eventually found everything I needed in the mess and took a seat across from him. I pulled his hands from his forehead and leaned in to look at it.

"It's just a little cut," I said, opening an antiseptic wipe. "It's probably going to sting a little."

I pressed the wipe on his forehead and watched his nose wrinkle then relax. In a few minutes he was all patched up.

"What happened?" He smiled and shook his head.

"Kian was holding the ladder for me and somehow he cut his hand on the metal so he let go and then the ladder folded with me on it," he said.

"You can't trust him," I said which earned a laugh from Harrison.

I leaned in again to admire my doctor skills but we made eye contact. Everything happened in slow motion as we both started to lean in. 'This is actually happening, I'm about to kiss Harrison,' I thought to myself.

All of a sudden the door opened and Franny stopped as soon as she saw us. I cleared my throat and hopped up off the floor.

"Just wanted to make sure he was okay," she said trailing off with an awkward smile. "I'm gonna go now."

The door clicked shut and I stood awkwardly, not sure what to so. Finally I extended my arm to help Harrison up and we walked back out to the living room.

"Minor bump in the road but let's get back to decorating!" Leave it up to Bobby to be chipper after a serious situation.

I watched Harrison walk back to Kian and rolled my eyes. I lost my shot I guess. I started to walk with Franny back to the tree but Kian called my name.

"I don't think I can hold the ladder anymore. I covered the sharp part with a towel, all you have to do is hold it steady. Sound cool?" Kian raised his eyebrows at me and I could tell Franny told them what she had seen in the bathroom.

I gave him a nod and he jogged back into the living room. I glanced over to where Harrison was and I could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

He climbed up the ladder again and in no time we had the doorframe covered in garland. Harrison climbed down and stood back to admire his work. He stood underneath the door way and looked up, motioning me to stand with him.

I cautiously stepped in the frame and followed his gaze up to find mistletoe.

My heart dropped and I glanced over to see him smiling at me.

"Now, let's try this again. Only this time let's not let anyone interrupt us," he said with a wink.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. After he pulled away I couldn't stop smiling and my cheeks were burning.

I jumped when I heard applause and I looked over to find everyone standing and watching us. I buried my head in Harrison's chest and laughed while he hugged me.

"Finally," Anderson said. "The tension was killing me!"