just an egg || o. guerra (request - BlairH1003)

thanks so much for requesting! <33

                               ----------------

"I'm sure if you tell them you aren't feeling up to it they won't mind. They have a billion people to film with tonight," I said, watching Oscar mope around the house.

He shrugged in response and it looked like it took a lot of effort for him to answer me. "I'm fine, just tired I guess."

Oscar was a smiley guy but the past couple of days he just seemed to be upset and it hurt me that I couldn't make him feel better. Or at the very least, be someone he felt comfortable confiding in. "You can tell me if something is wrong. That's what being your girlfriend is for, you know that, right?"

"Nothing is wrong," he said, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze. "You would be the first to know."

I squeezed back and nodded, pulling him in for a hug. "Really though, if you don't want to go they won't care."

He shook his head and pulled away, his smile not genuine. "Nah, I want to see them. Plus Jc is cooking and I really want tacos!"

He seemed a lot happier during the car ride but as soon as we walked into the loud house, he became quiet again. I offered to get him a drink but he absently shook his head and leaned against the wall, watching Kian and Danny play ping pong.

I walked into the kitchen and inhaled deeply. "Jc, it smells amazing in here," I said, walking over and watching him over his shoulder. He smirked at the compliment and held a jalapeño popper out for me to try.

"Good right?" I nodded and closed my eyes dreamily for the effect, making him laugh. He leaned so he could look out the door and frowned at Oscar still leaning against the wall. "Is he okay? He seems off."

"I don't know. He said he's fine, just tired but I'm not buying it. Did something happen that I don't know about?"

Jc shrugged and shook his head. "Not that I know of. Maybe he'll perk up when we film." I went back out to join him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"The kitchen smells amazing," I said and he just nodded at my comment, his arms staying at his sides. Any other time he would hug me back and J frowned up at him. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"All good," he said, smiling and kissing my forehead.

After we ate, the boys began setting up to play Fear Pong for the KnJ channel. I was reading the challenges as they were put under each cup and thanking God that I wasn't part of this video.

"How bad are they?" Brian was looking worried and I scrunched my nose. "Don't make that face, I don't like that face!"

"Well, just think who is filming this video.Pretty bad." He rolled his eyes and started complaining.

"Give me a hint which cup I don't want to get?" Oscar was trying to peek at what Jc was writing but he kept pushing him further towards the other side of the ping pong table

"All of them," I said through a laugh and he sighed. "But maybe no one will call your name because you're just so darn cute," I said, pinching his cheeks for emphasis. This made him smile and I was happy that he seemed to be more animated now than before.

I watched from the background as the boys played and I swear I have never felt more on edge in my life, especially when they had to do three throws in a row for Oscar. I breathed a sigh of relief when none of the balls sunk, but when Brian called his name, I knew he was in trouble. Brian was pretty good at this game; it was rare that he missed a shot and this time was no different.

I watched his face as Jc announced the egg challenge, and I could tell that he wasn't thrilled about it but I gave him an encouraging smile and a thumbs up. That would have normally made him smile back but he just gave me a blank look and followed Brian out the door.

"Look that way," Brian kept repeating while he got ready to throw the egg, but Oscar stayed turned facing the group. "I don't want to hit you in the face," he said.

"Please turn around, I don't want anything to happen to your cute face," I agreed, and he finally turned, taking his hit pretty well.

I hadn't been paying attention but I heard a collective gasp come from everyone and I saw Oscar's jaw set as he walked toward Brian, who was laughing nervously. "Hey, I only threw one!'

"Who threw the second one?" He looked beyond annoyed and I tried to distract him but he looked around at everyone, repeating his question. Everyone was too busy laughing to answer him and he turned to Will. "You're my friend, yeah? Who threw the second one?"

Will flicked his eyes towards Brian and Oscar pushed past them and went into the house. Everyone went silent and looked around at each other. I finally followed him and found him sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. "It's just an egg baby," I said, trying to put my hand on his shoulder as I sat but he rolled his eyes and stood up quickly.

"It's not just an egg, I'm so sick of filming these stupid videos with them! Sometimes people aren't okay and they really just need some time by themselves, has anyone thought of that? I'm so sick of people asking me what's wrong when there isn't an answer! I'm just sad, okay?" He was screaming as loud as he could and I could see Seb out of  the corner of my eye, hovering and watching to make sure we were okay.

"I said we didn't have to come," I said in a small voice and Oscar stopped his pacing to look at me. He seemed to realize how loud he had been because he sat back down beside me and nodded. "I wasn't trying to annoy you by asking if you were okay, I was just worried about you."

"We all are," Seb added.

Oscar nodded again and looked down at his lap. "I'm sorry I yelled, I didn't mean to take everything out on you like that," he said as I pulled him in for a tight hug. "Sorry I've been like this."

"Don't apologize for something you have no control over. You're right, sometimes you're just sad for no reason and you can't help it. That's okay," I whispered, and he buried his head in my shoulder. "Do you want to go home?"

He was quiet for a minute and I had the suspicion that he was crying. He pulled away with a deep breath and shook his head. "No, let's finish the video." We walked back to join the group and he gave them a sheepish apology. Of course, the guys were fine and they all gave him a group hug which finally made a smile appear on his face.

"Sorry I threw two eggs at you," Brian said when the hug was over, but I could tell by the smirk on his face that he enjoyed every second of it. Oscar laughed and hugged him again and the game continued.