Chapter Ninety-Nine.

Aly's POV

  The next morning I woke up before Joe. I was cuddled next to his clothed chest and I just wish nothing had ever changed between us, Harry would've never kept the picture and the pervert would've never grabbed my hips.

  I kiss Joe's cheek while he's still asleep. I really hope we can forgive each other and move on, but I feel like last night really tore us down. Right now, I'm wishing that I'm thinking it's worse than it really was.

  "Good morning," Joe says quietly.

  "Morning," I say, looking down.

  "Baby, look at me," Joe says lifting my chin, my eyes quickly finding his, "I'm sorry and I love you."

  "I love you too," I say quietly, "And I'm also sorry."

  "Can we pretend this never happened?" Joe asked.

  "I wish we could," I mumbled.

  "Why can't we?" Joe asked with his eyes wide.

  "Well, because... I don't know," I say failing to come up with an answer.

  "Baby, I love you and I don't want some meaningless picture and some drunk asshole to ruin our relationship," Joe says quietly, "I really don't, I want to love you and love our kids, and be able to ignore all the guys who want you, because God only knows, there's a lot, but you're mine."

  "Joe, I love you," I smile slightly.

  "I'm really truly sorry for blowing up like that, you don't deserve that, you just did what you thought best."

  "Sorry for making you sleep on the sofa," I apologized.

  "It was only for like an hour or two," Joe smiled.

  "I love you," I said again quietly.

  "I love you too baby," Joe said stroking my hair.

  "I'm going to shower," I said, getting out of bed and starting the shower to warm up.

  Usually Joe would join me but I think he's still giving me a bit of space, which I'm thankful for. I get in the shower and clean myself and my hair. After I finish shaving, I get out and wrap a towel around myself. Back in our room, Joe is still in bed. I modestly got dressed and then went to go check on the kids. Fletcher and Lia were still asleep, but Maisie had woken up. I picked her up and carried her through to the livingroom.

  "No! See Daddy!" Maisie argued.

  "Okay," I huffed.

  I don't have it in me today to argue with the kids too, so I carried Maisie into our room and Joe was in bed on his phone.

  "Maisie wants you," I say, putting Maisie on the bed.

  "Hey Mais," Joe said.

  "Daddy!" Maisie smiled.

  I started to leave, to go clean or something, not quite sure what, but Joe stopped me.

  "Baby, please stay," Joe said quietly.

  I gave in quickly and sat on my side of the bed, next to Joe.

  "I thought we agreed to forget about it," Joe said quietly as Maisie poked at his face playfully.

  "I know," I smiled weakly, "I'm just really tired."

  "Go to sleep then, we're not doing anything today," Joe shrugged.

  "I don't want to sleep though," I giggled lightly, "I don't know."

  "Okay," Joe smiled giving me a small kiss.

  I do, I really want to forget any of this happened, to make love with Joe and to shower him with kisses and love, but right now I'm still confused. I want to forget that he yelled at me, that he left when I wanted him to stay with me, and I want to forget about Harry. And I think that's what I'm most confused about, Harry. Joe tends to forget that we were childhood friends all growing up. He was always at my house or vis versa. So once we dated, and then broke up, we tried to continue the friendship and 'forget it ever happened,' dating wise. But still, now I'm confused, Joe says that he thinks Harry still has feelings for me, so does Gianna, but I think the feelings are friendship related. But I've come to the conclusion that I'm willing to forget the friendship that may have been possible between Harry and I, so I can fully focus on Joe and our relationship.

  "I love you," I say quietly to Joe, really meaning it.

  "I love you too, no matter what," Joe smiled stroking my back as Maisie played between us.
  "Let's move on from this, I don't want to dwell on it any longer. You apologized and I have forgiven you and vis versa for me, I hope," I say confidently.

  "Yes, of course," Joe nodded.

  "Joe, you know I usually don't say things like this, but..."

  "But?" Joe asks.

  I'm just going to tell him everything I've been thinking, to lay everything out, to show him I care and I truly love him and not anyone else, except the kids of course.

  "Hold on, I'm going to put Maisie in her room, so you and I can talk," I say really quickly, picking up Maisie and checking in Fletcher's room and he was awake, so I left them in there to play for a bit, so Joe and I can talk.

  "Okay, continue baby," Joe smiled as I walked back into our room and closed the door.

  "Okay," I say a bit shy now.

  "It's okay, Aly, tell me what you are thinking," Joe says giving me a small hug.

  "Okay, well, I don't want to argue about something like this. I feel like sometimes you forget that Harry and I were best friends growing up and that is the only reason I tried to prolong our friendship, not for anything romantic. What Harry and I had in high school is long gone for me. And I don't want to seem like I'm making excuses, but I really am sorry, and I really do love you. And I know this is way out of the norm for me, but I just want to make love with you and tell and show you how much I love you. I don't want anything to come between us and what you said about a lot of guys wanting me earlier, well I don't want any of them, I want you. And by the way, you should see all the girls always drooling at you too," I smirked at the end.

  "Alyson, I love you, I understand you and Harry were friends for a long time before you even knew me, and I'm sorry that I do forget that, but I just want you all for myself, which I know is selfish, but I'm sorry, I just want to love you so much, and I like your idea about making love," Joe smiled.

  "So, is everything good now?" I asked happily.

  "Almost," Joe said.

  "What?"

  "We have to do one more thing?"

  "What?" I repeated.

  "Make love," Joe smiled as he came towards me and gave me a passionate kiss.

A/N: Thank you for reading, next chapter is the final chapter! It will probably be pretty dirty, just a warning before hand. Is that okay? I don't want to make it super dirty, but yeah, that's your little sneak peek! X