Chapter Thirty-Two.

Joe's POV

  Once we got home, I unloaded the car and Aly carried Fletcher inside, as well as his baby bag.

  "Where do you want me to put your makeup?" I asked Aly.

  "Bathroom, please babe. I'm going to go put Fletch down for a nap."

  "Ok."

  For the next fifteen minutes, Aly rocked Fletcher to sleep and I unloaded everything we bought and then did some laundry.

  "Thanks babe," Aly said quietly as she entered our room.

  "No problem, is Fletch asleep?"

  "Yup!"

  We made our way through to the livingroom and sat on the sofa and put on the television.

  "My ankles hurt," Aly groaned.

   "I'm sorry babe, it'll get better, only 7 more months!"

  "I know! I'm so excited!"

  I got up to make a snack for Aly and I, then sat back down on the sofa with her. About an hour and a half later, Fletcher woke up, so I got up to get him. Aly was asleep on the couch so I decided to go on a walk with Fletch. I quickly scribbled a note for Aly and grabbed the baby sling and walked out the door carrying Fletcher. We walked down the street and ran into an old friend of mine from school, Lucy.

  "Joe! How are you?" Lucy asked.

  "Hey Lucy! Long time no see, I'm great, tired, ha, how are you?"

  "Good, just hanging out, who's this?" Lucy asked motioning to Fletcher.

  "This is Fletcher, or Fletch, he's 10 1/2 months."

  "He's so adorable, is he yours?"

  "Yup!"

  "Wow! Time has flown by so quickly! I remember high school and the crazy things we and all our friends would do. So do you have weekend custody?" Lucy asked.

  "Um, no, I'm married " I said, this was getting awkward.

  "Whoa! Wild Joe settling down with a girl!"

  "Yup, ha."

  "So, I guess I'll see you around Sugg," Lucy said pulling me in for a tight hug and grabbing my hair.

  "Alright, bye now."

  Now I remember why no one wanted her to hang out with us at school.

  I finished walking around the block and picked up some things from the local convienent store before heading home. By the time, we returned home, Aly was awake and making dinner.

  "Mm, smells good babe!" I said taking Fletch out of his sling.

  "Thanks, it's chicken alfredo."

  "Mm, delicious."

  "How was your walk?"

  "Ok, I ran into Lucy, a girl that used to hang out with me and my friends in high school and oh my goodness, she's a weird one."

  "How so?"

  "She was really surprised that I was married and had Fletch and then she was coming onto me, after I told her I was married."

  "Ew, well I hope she knows you're mine!" Aly said half jokingly.

  "Well whatever, I love you and our family," I said rubbing Aly's stomach and holding Fletch.

  "I love you too babe."

  Aly finished cooking dinner and we all sat down and ate. I did the dishes again and cleaned the kitchen, then put the leftovers in the fridge.

  "Hey babe, can you watch Fletch while I go to the lou," Aly asked as Fletcher fidgeted around on the ground.

  "Sure," I said as I walked over to Fletcher and picked him up. Suddenly, he started crying.

   "Shh, it's ok, shh, Daddy's here, shh," I said trying to console him.

  Fletcher continued to cry so I put him back on the ground, where he was before I picked him up. He kept crying. I picked him up again and rocked him, he kept crying. Before long, Aly was back.

  "What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

  "I don't know, I just picked him up."

  "Ha, alright."

  "What do I do?" I asked laughing.

  "I don't know, keep rocking him?"

  "Ok."

  After about fifteen minutes of Fletcher crying for unknown reasons, he stopped, and fell asleep in my arms.

  "Thank goodness," Aly whispered from behind me as she came and sat down on the sofa next to me.

  "Yeah, I'll go put him in his crib."

  "Ok, be careful though, and bring the baby monitor."

  "Alright babe."

  I went to put Fletch down in his bed but right as I put him down, he started crying again, I picked him up and sat in the rocking chair until he fell back asleep. Finally, I put him back in his crib and this time he didn't stir.

  "Babe?" Aly whispered from the doorway, barely audible, "Is everything alright?"

  "Yeah, Fletch is just restless and tired at the same time," I said as we walked into our room.

  That night we sat there until the early hours of the morning talking about anything and everything.

  For the next month, everything was considerably normal, not much had changed or happened. Aly was more pregnant and I had just gone to work everyday.

  Next week was Fletcher's 1st birthday. Aly had started planning his birthday party and what we will do.

  So far, Aly has planned on just throwing a small birthday bash, including all of our friends and we would just hang out and have food and drinks.

  While planning this party, Aly mentioned throwing a party for us, just because. At first the idea seemed silly and childish, but the more I think about the more fun it seems. Obviously it'll have to wait until atleast a few months after our baby girl is born, but we'll make it happen.

  "Alright, I've done everything I can for today for planning, I called the bakery and planned for balloons to be delivered and sent out invites," Aly said reading it off a list.

  "Alright babe, maybe you should go to bed?" I suggested.

  "That sounds amazing."

  Aly went into our bedroom while I stayed in the livingroom with Fletcher. A year has gone by so quickly and they grow up so much. Although, we are still waiting for Fletcher's first steps on his own. 

  Not much later, Fletcher was starting to get sleepy so I put him in his pajamas and rocked him to sleep. Grabbing the baby monitor, I joined Aly in bed.

  "Joe?" Aly mumbled quietly as I got into bed.

  "Yeah babe," I whispered as Aly nuzzled into my chest as always, "I love you."

  A/N: Another chapter!! Hope everyone likes it!! Thanks!! xx