Chapter Forty-Four.

Joe's POV

  Maisie is now 4 months old, and Fletcher is a year and 10 months. The past 3 months have been generally normal, I've been going to work and Aly has been taking care of the kids. But thankfully, this week, I've taken off of work, just because my boss is really chill and we aren't doing any major projects right now, so I asked for the week vacation.

  "So babe, anything special you want to do this week?" I asked Aly, as I changed Maisie's diaper and she got Fletcher dressed for the day.

  "Hm, I don't think so, what about you?" Aly asked putting Fletcher down on the ground.

  "Well, we could go down to Brighton for a couple days like go down next Friday morning and come back Sunday?" I suggested.

  "Sounds good, we could back with Zoe because she's coming to stay for Wednesday until Friday morning!" Aly said.

  "Perfect," I smiled as I held Maisie on my hip and gave Aly a hug.

  The rest of the day, Aly and I deep-cleaned the house, then organized the nursery. We then went to our room and organized that. After all of this, it was about dinner time.

  "Do you want take-out?" I offered as Aly layed down on the couch.

  "That sounds perfect babe," Aly smiled at me as she held Maisie on her chest. Fletcher played on the ground with his new favorite train engine set.

  "Alright, well I'll go pick it up, be back soon, love you," I said as I gave Aly a kiss before I left.

  I hopped in the car and drove down to this new café. I got Aly a chicken salad and I got a chicken wrap. I stopped at the corner store on the way home to get some more snacks for the kids and a bottle of wine for Aly and I. I got back home in about half an hour.

  "That was quite quick," Aly said, she was now changed into her temporary 'pajamas'.

  "There was no line at the café for take-out," I smiled.

  We sat down on the sofa and ate our food while the kids crawled around and played together. After we fed the kids, we put them down for bed for the night, around 9 pm.

  Aly and I then opened our bottle of wine and had a glass, or two, each before we went to bed. Once in bed, both of us naked, as usual, Aly cuddled up next to me and we watched television. We both ended up falling asleep around 12 am.

  The mext morning, I woke up and Aly was already awake next to me.

  "Good morning babe," Aly said as rubbed my chest.

  "Morning Alyson," I smiled.

  "I love you," Aly said as she layed her head on my chest.

  "I love you too babe," I said giving her a kiss.

  We both got up and showered, before getting dressed and brushing our teeth, etc. I went through to get the kids dressed for today. After I got Fletcher dressed, he toddled through to our room. I, then, got Maisie dressed and carried her on my hip into our room, where Fletcher was already sat on the bed with Aly. Aly brushed his hair, which is now getting quite long.

  "Alright! Shall I make breakfast?" Aly offered as she held Fletcher.

  "Sure, I'll help," I said as we walked through to the livingroom.

  Aly started making breakfast while I put the kids on their blanket to play on. Fletcher got out his train engines and Maisie sucked on a pacifier and watched Fletcher.