Chapter Thirty-Four.

Joe's POV

  I can't believe that Aly is due any day now. Maisie has grown so much already, the ultrasounds show that although she is a bit small in size, she is still healthy.

  "Babe, tomorrow is my due date and Maisie isn't here yet," Aly jokingly whined.

  "I know babe, don't worry, Maisie will come when she's ready."

  "Carry me!" Fletcher said pulling my leg.

  I bent over to pick him up and continued to talk to Aly.

  "I'm scared Joe," Aly whimpered.

  "I know babe, you've done it before though, you're a pro," I joked.

  "I know," Aly giggled as she leaned in for a kiss.

  I put Fletcher down on the bed next to Aly.

  "Joe," Aly said worried.

  "Don't be scared babe, she's not ready to come yet, it's alright."

  "Ok, sorry."

  "Babe, don't be sorry, don't think about it, just get some sleep."

  "Mommy sleep," Fletcher said.

  "That's right baby," Aly said cuddling with Fletcher.

  I stripped into my boxer briefs as always and climb into bed with Fletcher and Aly. Fletcher wanted to sleep with us tonight so he could 'see the baby.' Ha. Fletcher slept between Aly and I, like when he was first born, and I fell asleep holding Aly's hand.

  "Daddy! Wake up!" Fletcher bounced on me.

  "What? Is everything ok?" I shot up out of bed.

  Aly was still asleep next to me. Phew.

  "What's up Fletch?" I asked.

  "Play!"

  Fletcher just continued to crawl on me. I eventually got him to go back to sleep considering it was only 6am.   Around 11am, I woke up again and neither Aly nor Fletcher were in bed. I got up and made my way into the livingroom. Aly was laying on the sofa, half asleep, with Fletcher on the ground playing with his toys.

  "Morning babe," Aly mumbled.

  "Morning, how are you feeling?"

  "Tired, achey, and ready for this baby to get out of me."

  "I know babe, why don't you take a bath?" I suggested.

  "Alright,"Aly said.

  "I'll go run it for you," I offered.

  About 15 minutes later, the bath was filled and Aly was in it relaxing.

  "Where Mommy?" Fletcher asked.

  "In the bath," I said picking him up to get him dressed.

  "No!" Fletch said kicking and squirming.

  "Fletcher come on, you need to get dressed," I said putting him down and holding his hand guiding him to his room.

  "No! I want Mommy!" Fletch argued.

  "Mommy will be here in a moment, now come on please."

  "No!" Fletcher cried.

  I picked him up and carried the cranky Fletcher to his room to get him dressed, which I now know is very hard to dress a squirming one and a half year old. Eventually, I got Fletcher to stop crying and arguing and sat down to play with him in the livingroom.