Chapter Sixty.

Joe's POV

  Tomorrow we are leaving for America. However, our flight leaves late at night so we have most of the day tomorrow to get any last things together. Aly and I decided to take an extra suitcase to carry the kids' presents in. That one was already packed and by the door. Whereas, Aly and I's suitcase was a mess. And the kids' suitcase was barely packed. We have a lot of work to do tomorrow before we leave.

  "Babe, What time is it?" Aly asked as she came into the room, holding Maisie on her hip and rocking her to sleep.

  "Almost 9:30," I smiled as I got up off the bed and tried to help put the kids to sleep.

  Eventually both Fletcher and Maisie fell asleep. Aly tried to continue gathering things together, but I got her to stop for the night around 11 pm.

  "Babe, we'll have a long day tomorrow, better to get some sleep now," I persuaded Aly.

  "Okay, I know," Aly smiled innocently as she got into bed with me.

  The next morning, we slept in a little bit before we had to get up and get going. Aly and I showered together as usual and then bathed the kids. I decided because we are travelling for such an extensive amount over the next 24 hours, I put on sweats and a loose t-shirt, making me look like a teenager rather than a twenty-something-year old dad. Aly had the same sort of idea, she wore skinny yoga pants and baggy t-shirt too. In fact, I think the shirt may be one of mine- whatever. I put Maisie in a onesie with pink cotton pants and a matching jacket and Fletch wore a little tracksuit Aly bought him.

  "Shit! I forgot I need to pack a diaper bag too!" Aly said as she tapped her forehead jokingly as a 'duh!' moment.

  "I'll do that babe," I smiled.

  "Thanks," Aly said giving me a quick kiss before leaving the nursery to finish packing.

  I packed the diaper bag and then set it also by the door. I packed an excess of diapers, wipes, burp cloths, clothes, bottles, and toys into one bag.

  Aly packed the kids' suitcase and even managed to fit in some of our clothes in there too. I then packed our clothes for the three weeks and then Aly insisted she did her stuff, packing tolietries and underwears and make-up.

  Finally, we were all done!

  It was 5 pm and we were all ready and packed.

  "I packed all our chargers, your laptop, and camera, that's it right?" Aly asked as she finished packing the electronics.

  "Perfect! Thanks babe!" I said giving her a proper kiss.

  We were trying to keep the kids awake so they would sleep on the plane, although right now, they were falling asleep because they hadn't had a nap earlier today.

  "I'm so excited to see my family!" Aly cheered and leaped around the livingroom.

  "Good," I said, "I'm excited too!"

  I gave Aly a hug and kiss. We eventually settled down for a bit. Double and triple checking we had our clothes. But I figured whatever we forget, we can always buy there. I made sure our passports were in my bag and our flight details and tickets.

  A few hours later, we loaded up a taxi van, and drove to Heathrow Airport. Once we arrived, I loaded the suitcases on a trolley and Aly pushed the kids in the double stroller we got. We went through security and then boarded the flight.

  Once on the plane, Aly and I took turns sleeping and watching the kids, mainly Fletcher, for the whole 9 hour flight.

  "Attention, this is your captain speaking, please return your seats to the upright position and fasten your seatbelts, we are going to start discending momentarily into Los Angeles Airport. Thank you for flying with UKUS Air," our Captain spoke.

  I buckled Maisie up on my lap and Aly buckled Fletcher. Within the next hour, we had landed in Los Angeles. We all had to go through Immigration and then Baggage Pick-up. We collected our bags and I put them on a trolley.

  "Babe! I am so excited to see my parents!" Aly squealed as we went through customs.

  "I know babe," I smiled happily.

  Aly was really giddy. The kids were still asleep in their stroller. We then walked out and there was Aly's parents waiting for us.

  "Mom!" Aly squealed as she gave her mom a hug.

  "Alyson," Lucy smiled.

  "Hello Joe, nice to see you again!" Bryan said shaking my hand and pulling me into a hug.

  "Same to you Bryan," I smiled.

  "Joe!" Lucy said happily.

  "Hello Lucy, you're looking great, as always, how are you?" I asked giving her a hug.

  "Great! Thank you Joe! The grandkids!" Lucy squealed as Aly picked up Maisie out of the stroller.

  "Mom, this is Maisie," Aly said happily as she cradled Maisie and showed her to Bryan and Lucy.

  "And here is Fletcher," I said holding the sleepy Fletch on my hip.

  "Mama," Fletch whined.

  "Aw, they're both so precious!" Lucy said happily.

  "We should head home," Bryan suggested, "And we should drop you at your hotel," Bryan said, now holding Maisie.

  "Sounds good, it's late!" Aly yawned.