Chapter Sixty-Six.

Joe's POV

  Christmas is only five days away now and yesterday Aly and I officially finished Christmas shopping. The kids have been behaving great ever since we got to Pismo. Of course at first they were tired, mostly because of jet-lag, but after a couple of days they were fine. I'm also surprised on how well they get along with Caleb, who is now more like a best friend to Fletcher.

  Anyway, this evening we are all going out to a simple, easy dinner, and then we have planned to go back to Lucy and Bryan's house for a while and earlier they even offered to watch the kids again tonight so we can wrap presents. But I don't know, we'll see. It's only morning anyway, we've got the whole day ahead of us.

  "Good morning Maisie," I smiled as I lifted her out of the crib.

  Aly had already gotten Fletcher up and given him a bath. Maisie is very happy and is giggling and gurgling a lot.

  "I'll run new bath water for her," Aly said as Fletcher ran out of the bathroom butt-naked.

  "'Atta boy, Fletch!" I laughed.

  "Like father, like son," Aly said once again.

  "This is becoming a reoccuring thing," I said picking up Fletcher and then Aly taking him from me.

  Fletcher caught on to us joking and started giggling.

  "Mummy! No clothes!"

  "My little baby's a nudist," Aly laughed, joking.

  "How about just a nappy then?" I suggested holding up one of his pull-ups.

  "No!" Fletcher giggled running around the room.

  I resumed to my intial task of giving Maisie a bath. I scooped her back up and carried her to the bathroom. I washed Maisie and her hair and then wrapped her in a towel and carried her back out.

  "Aww, look who's a cutie!" Aly smiled at Maisie.

  Maisie once again started giggling. Aly took her and got her dressed while I persuaded Fletch to atleast put on a nappy.

  "No!" Fletcher giggled, running around the room, still butt-naked.

  I scooped him up and layed him on the bed and put a nappy on him.

  "Daddy!" Fletcher squealed while giggling.

  I tickled his belly, causing him to laugh and wriggle around even more. I then went to get Fletcher's clothes Aly had picked out. I once again tickled Fletcher while putting on his clothes, making him giggle. This was all a game to him and honestly, it was adorable.

  "Alright!" Aly breathed out a sigh of relief that the kids were dressed and we were ready to now face the day.

  "Mummy! Let's go!" Fletcher said tugging on Aly's sleeve on her jacket.

  "Where are we going baby?" Aly asked.

  "Grandma!" Fletcher giggled, knowing he got it right.

  Aly scooped him up, making him giggled even more. He is genuinely such a happy boy. I carried Maisie, who also is very happy, she was giggling and squirming about in my arms. Once we were in the lobby of the hotel, I put her down and held her up by her arms as she tried to walk, but I was holding her up.

  "Yay Maisie!" Aly cheered happily.

  "Yay Ma-see!" Fletcher also cheered, copying Aly.

  I picked Maisie back up and held her on my hip as we went to the car. I then buckled both her and Fletcher up and Aly drove us to her parents house again.