Chapter Fifty-Three.

Aly's POV

The next morning I woke up entangled with Joe. Instead of untangling myself, I cuddled up next to him and fell back asleep.

A little bit later, I woke up to Joe trying to get up carefully.

"Sorry babe, I was trying not to wake you up," Joe mumbled.

"It's ok, where are you going?"

"Bathroom, be right back," Joe smiled.

I curled back up on bed and waited for Joe to come back. Within a minute Joe came back and layed in bed with me. I noticed he had a bruise-like mark on his neck. A love bite.

"Joe," I giggled.

"I know, I saw in the bathroom," Joe groaned jokingly, "You have one yourself!"

"What!" I laugh.

Joe laughs before laying back down. He pulls me closer to him. I lean over the side of the bed and grab Joe's shirt on the floor ad slip it on.

"Aw babe," Joe whined as I covered my body.

"It's cold," I say.

I get up and see if the kids are asleep. Maisie is awake, but Fletcher is still asleep. I scoop up Maisie and carry her through to our room and put her onto of the covers between Joe and I.

"Morning Maisie," Joe smiled.

Maisie crawled over to Joe and played around with him.

I crawled under the covers, like Joe, and decided to look on my phone. I had a few text messages from various people: Zoe, Tanya, Jess, and one from my mom.

The one from Jess says:

"Are you & and Joe & the kids gonna visit any time soon? Miss you!"

From my mom says:

"Call me when you can! Don't forget 8 hour time difference!!! Love you"
I decided to reply to Jess first,

"Jess! I miss you too! How is everyone? Hopefully we can visit soon, flights to US are expensive! Love you"
I then decided to call my mom.

"Joe, I'm going to call my mom," I told Joe.

"Ok babe," Joe smiled.

I dialed in my mom's number and waited for it to start ringing.

"Hello?" My mom said as she answered the phone.

"Mom, it's Aly," I said.

"Aly! How are you? How's Joe? The kids?"

"We are all good, Maisie is crawling and Fletcher is as crazy as always," I smiled into the phone.

"That's good to hear."

"How are you and the family?"

"Just fine! Getting ready for the holidays mostly! Caleb is going to school now and is in Kindergarten!"

"Wow time flies," I comment.

"Sure does, so the other night we all had dinner together and we're discussing when we should get to see you, Joe and the kids next?"

"Haha, yeah Jess texted me about that too. And I don't know, we have extra money, but I don't think that much."

"Understandable, but Bryan and I agreed we could pay for your tickets to get here and back. It would be your Christmas present."