Chapter Six.

Joe's POV

We drove back to my apartment and I put Aly's stuff down, just inside the door. I am assuming Zoe went out, because her car is not out front. I go back to the car to see Aly on her phone.

"Back!"

"Where are we going?" Aly asked.

"I was thinking we would go to the mall and look around?"

"Sounds fun!"

During the drive to the mall we stopped at starbucks and got drinks. We held hands most of the way. I knew I should ask Aly to be my girlfriend, to make it official, but I get so nervous even thinking about it. Not nervous about being tied down to a girlfriend, but nervous about rejection.

"What are you thinking about?" Aly asked.

"Us."

"Huh?"

"Well, honestly, I was thinking about how I know I should ask you to be my girlfriend and we should make it official, if you want. But I get so nervous about rejection, not that I'm too prideful, but that I don't want to face reality, if you don't want to be with me."

"Well, you'll never know until you ask, and sometimes facing reality is better than hiding from it."

"Well then Aly, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Hmm..." Aly said grinning.

"Aly!"

"Of course I will Joe!"

By this time we arrived at the mall and had parked up. I pulled Aly onto my lap in the car and kissed my girlfriend.

"Let's go look around," I suggested.

"Let's."

We got out and went into the mall, looking in H&M, and Primark. We looked in a couple of local shops too. I didn't get anything, because I didn't see anything I needed or necessarily wanted. Aly bought a shirt from Primark but other than that we just wandered around, mainly talking and learning more about each other. A lot of the time we weren't even looking at the stores, just focusing on each other and talking.

"Do you want pizza for dinner?" I asked.

"Sure."

We went and got pizza for dinner and then sat there and talked for almost an hour before deciding to go back to my apartment.

Just as when we were on our way to the mall, we held hands on the way home. At the often stop light I leaned over and kissed her cheek. As we arrived at my apartment, we both sat on the sofa, just cuddling. Zoe walked in from my room.

"Hello there!" Zoe announced.

"Hi Zoe," I said.

"Where did you get off to today?"

"We went to the mall," Aly answered.

"Fun."

"Yes, my girlfriend bought a new shirt," I said grinning.

"What! Yay! I'm so happy for you both!" Zoe squealed.

"Thank you haha," Aly said snuggling into me more and looking up to me for a kiss. I leaned in and planted one on her soft lips.

"Stop there!" Zoe joked.

"Hahaha!" I laughed.

Zoe went back into my room to go on her laptop and I switched on the television and left on the first show that came on.