Chapter Fifty-Four.

Joe's POV

  I am really excited to go to California for Christmas. Obviously it is still like a month and a half away, but still. It's weird because honestly I don't really know my in-law's that well. I mean I've met them, talked with them on the phone, video chatted them, but never fully gotten to sit down and have a full conversation. Also, Fletcher and Maisie have never met their Grandparents in America. They've met my parents on multiple occasions, but never Aly's parents. A lot is to happen.

  Anyway, this morning I woke up next to Aly. Aly still has her love bite on her neck. Yesterday, when we went out, she tried her best to cover it up with make-up.

  Anyway, I decided to go on my phone. I checked my Twitter and Instagram. Not much changed, considering I never really use them anyway. I look through the pictures on my phone. I still have pictures from when Aly and I were just dating. We looked a lot different. Younger. There are some pictures from the wedding. Then pictures from our hotel in Hawaii, Aly while she was pregnant with Fletcher. The more I scroll, the more I remember everything we have done together. Pictures of us three when Fletcher was born. More pictures of Fletcher. More pictures of Aly. Finally, when Aly was pregnant with Maisie. Then when Maisie was born. A lot of pictures with Maisie, Aly, and Fletcher. I come across a really cute one of none of them paying attention. I decide to set it as my background on my phone. There's also pictures of Spain, with Zoe and Alfie. Then more pictures of the kids and Aly.

  "Morning babe," Aly mumbled as she woke up.

  "Oh hey babe," I smiled.

  "What're you doing?"

  "Looking at pictures on my phone."

  "Hmm," Aly said as she rubbed her eyes and watched as I scrolled through more pictures.

  "I love you," Aly says giving me a kiss.

  "I love you too," I said.

  We decided to get a shower. In the shower, Aly was telling me about Pismo.

  "So, it's a beach, obviously. And my parents say they have my room, but we will either stay at a hotel or rent a condo for the time we're there. I'm so excited to see everyone again and spend Christmas with them!" Aly said as she washed her hair.

  "I'm glad that you're excited," I said giving her a kiss.

  We got out of the shower and got dressed. I dried myself and just dropped my towel and slipped on a pair of sweats. Aly pretty much did the same. We agreed to just chill at home today and relax.

  Aly and I decided to leave the kids in their pajamas, much to their happiness. Although it was just past 11 am, I decided to make breakfast for us. I made Aly and I omelets and Fletch shared with us while Maisie had some baby breakfast food. After breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen, then the bathrooms, and finally our room. Aly watched the kids and entertained them while I cleaned and often helped, until the kids cried for her attention again.

  I am so happy on how far we have come. I remember when we first met on that airplane and here we are four years later, married and have two beautiful children. We both have matured a lot. Not only in the ways we have to, to become proper parents, but just as individuals, or as a couple. For example, I remember admitting to Aly when I first liked her. I remember her blushing and being shy. Oh, how time flies.

  "Daddy!" Fletcher giggled as he pulled on my pant leg, awakening me from my thoughts.

  "Hey Fletch!" I smiled, picking him up.

  "Nose!" Fletcher said pointing to my nose.

  "Good job, where's my mouth?" I asked.