Chapter Thirty-Seven.

Aly's POV

  Despite Joe's text message, I stayed up for a while, eventually I went to bed around 1am. I browsed on my phone for a while, looking at social media sites. Around 1:30, I couldn't stay awake any longer. Around 2:30, I woke up and heard Joe in the shower, if I wasn't so exhausted and it wasn't so early in the morning, I would have gone and joined him. I must've fallen back to sleep before he came to bed because I woke up at 10:30am to see Joe in bed with Maisie and I. I went and checked on Fletcher, who was also still asleep. I got into the shower and got dressed. After contemplating what to wear, I decided to not really try today. I put on my yoga capris and one of Joe's shirts that I usually sleep in.

  Once again, I went to check on Fletcher. Finally, he was awake, I got him up and dressed him.

  "Mama, play?" Fletcher asked.

  "Alright Fletch," I said as I picked him up and carried him through to the livingroom where most of his toys were.

  "What sound do trucks make?" I asked Fletcher as he picked up a toy truck.

  "Voom voom!" Fletcher squealed.

  "Yay Fletch!" I congratulated.

  "Voom voom!" Fletcher said as he played with his toy trucks.

  After about fifteen minutes of playing with Fletcher, I heard Maisie crying from our room. I got up and walked down the hall. I got to the room and Joe was waking up slowly as he heard Maisie cry.

  "Morning babe," he said with his raspy voice.

  "Hi babe," I said picking up Maisie and slowly bouncing her to try and stop her crying.

  "How was last night?" I asked.

  "Alright, I mean I'm not in any rush to go out with them again, at all."

  "That bad?" I asked.

  "Yeah Lucy's a real bitch."

  "Oh alright," I laughed.

  "No really, she was drunk silly so I walked her home and she said she wouldn't go to bed without me and wanted to fuck a married man."

  "What the hell?" I yelled.

  "Aly, babe, trust me I didn't do anything."

  "Oh God, Joe," I said freaking out a bit.

  "Babe, relax, I promise on everything, I didn't kiss her, sleep with her, or anything, I promise."

  "Joe, I'm trusting you," I said.

  "Good," Joe said as he wrapped his arms around my waist as Maisie continued to cry. Joe gave me a kiss.

  "I'm going to feed Maisie," I said giving Joe another kiss.

  "Stay in here with me?" Joe asked.

  "Fletcher's out there."

  "I'll go get him," Joe said as he walked to get Fletcher.

  "Toys!" Fletcher yelled.

  Joe came back through holding Fletcher's hand and in the other hand he had a couple of the trucks Fletcher was playing with earlier.

  "May-e!" Fletcher squealed when he saw Maisie.

  "Babe," Joe said as he layed back down on the bed.

  "Hm?"

  "I love you," Joe said.

  "I love you too," I said back as I started to feed Maisie.