Chapter Forty-Eight.

Joe's POV

  This morning I woke up as Aly, carrying Maisie and Fletcher came into our room. Fletcher was really excited because today is his 2nd birthday.

  "Happy Birthday Fletch!" I said as he toddled over to the bed.

  I lifted Fletcher onto the bed and sat him on my lap.

  "Daddy!" Fletcher cheered.

  Aly came and sat on the bed with us and fed Maisie.

  "Wow, our kids are so old!" I laughed. Maisie is now 6 months and Fletcher 2 years. Wow.

  "It feels like just yesterday Fletcher was our little newborn!" Aly giggled.

  We layed in bed for awhile, playing with Fletcher and celebrating his birthday. Aly and I eventually decided to get up and get ready for the day. We put the kids back in the nursery for a bit with their toys while we jumped in the shower together. After we got dressed and ready, we then bathed and dressed the kids.

  "Alright Fletch! What do you want to do today?" Aly asked Fletcher as he ran around excitedly.

  "Play!" Fletch yelled excitedly.

  "Ha! Alright," Aly said as she smiled at Fletcher.

  The day went on as we celebrated Fletch's 2nd birthday. We went to the park and played and had a picnic and then later that evening we went out with friends for dinner at a local restaurant to celebrate.

  The next morning we slowly dragged ourselves out of bed. Joe and I took a shower together as usual then got dressed. Joe went and got the kids up and I helped get them dressed for the day. Fletcher gotten a bunch of nice new outfits for his birthday from people like Zoe and Alfie and Tanya and Jim and the list goes on. I dressed him in one of his new shirts and trousers while Joe dressed Maisie.

  Once we had all gotten ready for the day, we all piled into the car to go into town for the day.

  "Where to first?" Joe asked once we had driven into town and parked up.

  "I'd like to go to TopShop before we leave today," Aly smiled.

  "Ok, we'll just go there now," I smiled.

  We headed to TopShop and after spending quite a bit of time and money in there we finally left and wandered around some other shops. We eneded up having lunch at the café, where we both had salads, as we are both determined to start eating healthier.

  Around four pm, we drove back to our flat with our shopping bags in hand. Aly has developed a shopping problem, well I guess both of us have. It's not like we're buying so much we're going into debt or anything, but we do have a tendency to buy either clothes, shoes, electronics, or for Aly, home decorations. Our kids are so spoilt, whether that be a good or bad thing, I don't know.

  "Alright babe?" Aly asked once we had gotten home and settled down.

  "Yeah, sorry, I was just in thought," I smiled.

  "I love you," Aly smiled as she gave me a hug.

  "I love you too!" I said as I kissed Aly and then tickled her sides making her laugh and screech.

  We made dinner and then gave the kids a bath before getting them dressed in their pajamas and then we decided just to hold them until they fall asleep. I sat on the sofa holding Maisie while Aly cuddled with Fletcher on the sofa too. We watched a movie, but the kids were practically asleep. We put them in their cribs and then went through to our room.

  I stripped and got into bed before Aly joined me, just wearing my t-shirt from today.

  "I love you babe," Aly smiled as she cuddled up next to me.

  "I love you too Alyson," I hummed before we fell asleep.

A/N: Hey! Sorry it has taken me so long to upload!! Wattpad has updated so it had become harder to me to tell the average chapter length so let me know if this chapter was normal length, or shorter than usual! I'm sorry not much happened within this chapter, I'm having writer's block! Also if you have suggestions, let me know! Thanks!! X