CHAPTER-6

VED'S POV:

I think I should congratulate her in a better way so I asked Saijal her favorite cake flavor and ordered it.... The cake came so I asked my peon to keep it in the boot of my car... I now better go and call Divika and Saijal otherwise we will get late...

I went across the cubicles and entered Advi's cabin... Divika was sitting on his chair and the three of them were talking and enjoying... I cleared my throat to grab their attention...

"Oh! bhai!" 

"Yeah... actually I am done with my work... so I think we should leave..."

Divika and Saijal got up.... Advi too got up and hugged Divika... He also opened the door for the two of them.....

"Bhai... take care and try to be a bit friendly with bhabhi...." He told me quietly....

"Advi I know you are worried about her... I really don't know why... but I have decided to give this friendship a chance..." He gave me a smile in return and I patted his shoulder and walked to the parking lot.... I sat on the driver's seat.... Divika sat on the passenger seat while Saijal on the back seat...

The car ride had a very awkward silence... but finally we reached.....

Divika literally ran inside to hug Dev uncle as soon as the main door was opened by the maid.....

Saijal and I walked in.... for some  reason when I saw Divika smile so wide... I automatically had a smile on my face as well... I think her smile is just contagious.., 

I touched uncle's feet...

"Ved beta.... please stop touching my feet every time you meet me..."

"Uncle..... you are a father figure to me... please let me take your blessings..."

He patted my back and gestured me to have a seat on the sofa...

Well I have done business with him earlier as well... and he always has guided me through in my initial stages.... I go to his health checkups with him... he always gives me the love and guidance that I have craved from my father since the last 5 years....

We all sat down and were talking casually when the bell rang....

"Must be Akki!" Saijal exclaimed

"So everybody listen up! we will act as if we are angry with him." Divika tried to explain...

Uncle and Saijal agreed with her when Mr. Singhania walked in.... He touched uncle's feet and he didn't acknowledge him... 

"Mr. Oberoi!" He forwarded his hand..

"Please Mr. Singhania it is Ved for you...."

"Then you must call me Akshit... after all I am your wife's best friend...."

I just nodded at that....

"I guess I owe an apology to the drama queens here..." Akshit said looking at Divika and Saijal....

"We are not drama queens!" Saijal replied

"I don't remember taking any names.... did I take any names Ved?"

Wow it is awkward....

"Uh no...." Divika glared at me when I said that.....

"Akshit Singhania and " Saijal was saying something but Divika cut her off....

" let it be Saijal....  we don't wanna argue with a random person.... who doesn't care about us...."

"You are right Divi.... especially when that someone didn't even bother returning our calls..." Saijal said, while Akshit was staring at them...

"Guys I was swamped with work.... you can ask Ved he knows..... and I wanted to come before my birthday...... look at my dark circles I hardly slept....." Akshit pleaded while looking at them....

He then went towards them and sat on his knees near them....

"Fine! Just for you two.... I am doing this in front of my business partner..." he then held his years and pouted saying sorry to them...this is such a cute gesture for friends.... I wish I also had such a good friend....

"Papa tell that someone to do squats!" Divika said looking at Akshit.....

"What the fuck! I am going and am taking the gifts I got you guys!" Akshit said while getting up.... this is when both the ladies hugged him tight....

"Dare to take my chocolates away!" Saijal said....

"I really missed the chudails of my life..." Akshit said to which he earned slaps from both of them..... and uncle and I ended up laughing....

" Now is the time to announce our dearest Divi's  achievements!" Saijal said while getting up...

"Did she finally murder someone?" Akshit asked looking at Divika...

"No yaar!" Saijal exclaimed.... She started telling everyone about today's meeting and I excused myself to get the cake....

I entered with the cake in my hands..... 

"Now it is time to celebrate Divika's achievements!" I announced....

Divika was staring at me... Saijal mouthed a thank you while Ved just smiled at Divika.... Uncle looked very happy about it...

"Congratulations Divika" was written on the cake with icing....

She cut the cake and offered the first bite to uncle... the second to me.... then to Saijal followed by Akshit...

We all sat down after that and were talking about random things when uncle excused himself to attend a call..

"Thanks a lot Ved...  the cake made papa believe-" Divika was saying when I cut her off....

"I did it for a friend Divika and I told you earlier that I can be a good friend... And Saijal you really don't have to thank me for something I did for a friend..." Divika and Saijal both gave me smiles at that....

Uncle came back.... We talked for some time, had dinner... It was fun and now is the time to go home...

"Come on monkey give me all that you got for me!" Divika said looking at Akshit...

" I didn't get you guys anything!" Akshit replied with full confuidence...

" Ok then Divi let's just take his car with us!" Saijal said 

"Oye! Stay away from my car! I am giving you gifts!"

Akshit went outside and came with 4 suitcases he gave everyone each including me... I was a bit surprised..

"Akshit I can't accept this..."
"Oh come on Ved! You are a part of our little family now!" 

Wow! he considers me family.....

"Also Ved you need to stop calling me uncle.. call me papa or Dad  or whatever you want..." Uncle told me..

I hesitantly said "papa" I again said it and hugged him... I hadn't used the word papa in the last five years.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I know this is a very late update but please try to bare with me.... I lot has been going on in my life...

Please vote and comment!