CHAPTER-4

VED'S POV:

"Ved I need to talk to you....."

What does she want? I was going to sleep...

"Can we talk later please?

"It is about dadi......"

Dadi is my priority.... I got up and sat on the sofa.....waiting for her to continue...

" The doctor today told me that we need to pay more attention towards dadi's eating habits also the doctor suggested that we should spend more time with her and make her happy..."

I looked at her and she looked as if she wanted to say something but was hesitating.... I gestured her to continue.......

"She has been pretty disappointed in you lately.... she says that you have stopped spending time with your family since we got married and that she can sense tension between us.... I tried to reassure her but she is not ready to accept it....."

"So what do you think we should do?" I asked her.....

"I think we should act all lovey-dovey in front of her just to give her an assurance..."

"and how do you think we can do that?"

She started looking anywhere but at me... Now I will have to act as if I love her god! What all I have to do for my dadi....

"Maybe if you could start coming home early and take leaves and pretend to spend time with me and maybe hold my hands in front of her you know just to make her believe that we are a happily married couple... you can call me Divi in front of her..."

"Ok.... I can do anything for my dadi..."

"I will be sleeping in her room today to make sure she is fine..."

I just nodded at that....

Honestly... sometimes I wonder why is she doing all this... I have seen her loving Riya just like her own... The other day Riya told me how she had a disastrous haircut and she helped her.... now she is doing all this for dadi....She does not even know why her father forced her to get married to me....should I give a shot to this friendship? Are you mad Ved! did you forget what Vihaan did to you!That bastard!

DIVIKA'S POV:

"Good morning dadi!"

"Good morning Ved!"

I was giving dadi her supplements when Ved came in....

"Good morning Divi!"He said to me with a fake smile..... 

"Morning Ved" I said giving him a smile,,...

I just hope that we  are able to convince dadi that we are happily married......

I hate lying to her.... In these last 3 months the whole family has become a part of my life.... I never had a big happy family but I have one now... and I love them a lot!

"Oye doggy!"

"Ji dadi-"

"Bhabhi is it not amazing how dadi calls bhaiya  doggy  and he without a thought replies and accepts the fact that he is after all a dog?" Rudy said while entering the room...

I could not suppress my laughter and Rudy, dadi and I we all ended up laughing!

"Rudy ke bache!" Ved said looking at Rudy angrily..

"Kya bhai! I am still a kid! it is your age to make children with bhabhi! Kyun bhabhi?" Rudy said looking at me with a smirk

I showed him my hand signaling that I will slap him and Ved chased him out of the room....

Dadi sat their laughing which caused me to smile....

"Dadi you were saying something..."Ved asked dadi while scratching the back of his neck..

"Haan! You are not going to the office today!"

" But dadi-"

"no arguments.... " She said in a tone that showed an authority...

"Fine! let me go and inform my P.A" he said and went...

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

"Bhabhi! Bhabhi! Bhabhi!"

Rudra called Divika while she was writing... Ved noticed how she did not care about anything and ran to Rudra's room....

"Kya hua Rudy! Why are u crying?"

Rudra showed her his phone...

"She broke up with me on  text bhabhi! I really liked her..."

Divika consoled Rudra and took her downstairs with her... Ved saw this how selflessly not caring about her book she made Rudra her priority.....

Divika made Rudra some cold coffee....

"Bhabhi! what are you doing here! you know na your deadline is tomorrow otherwise that publishing house will not publish your book..." Advi said while walking in the living room...

"I know Advi but Rudy needs me right now..."

"Bhabhi I will take care of him don't worry..."

Divika gave Advait a smile and went back to the room to continue working...

Ved saw all of this from the staircase and went back to the room where Divika was working... She continued to write but then Riya came in and asked her to style her hair and Divi did so without complaining...

VED'S POV:

Why is she doing all of this? I heard Advi telling her about the publishing house but still she spent 45mins. for Riya's hair without complaining once....

It is 11pm and she has been writing continuously ...... she only stopped to give dadi her medicines and to feed Rudy... Should I ask if she had dinner.... This is the least I can do for her... She takes care of my family and I promised Dev uncle to take care of her......

"One last full stop and then done!" she said excitedly...

"HUH?" I asked her...

"Ohh... I am sorry actually I have this weird habit of saying stuff out loud when I am excited...."I just gave her a smile at that...

She is so innocent... She is a good human.... At this moment Advi's words rang in my ear when he told me that not every human is like Vihaan on this planet.... Should I give Divika a chance? I have always wanted a friend in my life but I just could not trust anyone... but there is something in Divika which is telling me that I can trust her.....

"Uhh...Divika...."

"yeah!"

"umm... I was wondering can we give our friendship another chance..... I mean I know I was not friendly to you in the last three months... I am...umm... sorry... but can we give this friendship another shot? And I Am very sorry for pushing you and screaming at you.... please forgive me and accept my friendship...."

I forwarded my hand to her and after thinking for a moment she took my hand........

DIVIKA'S POV:

I have to eventually live the rest of my life with him...so I think it will be better if we live as friends... and it is the second time he is apologizing.....

I gave in and shook hands with him...

"Divika... did you have food?"

Why is he suddenly being so nice?

"What! why are you looking at me like that! I can also be a nice friend if I want..."

"No! it's just the media says something else...."

He just smiled sarcastically at that.. And again asked me if I ate.... I told him that I had not eaten as yet so he offered to give me company while I eat....     

I ate food while we talked about our likes and dislikes.... he is a nice guy but I don't get why did he behave the way he did...