CHAPTER 50

VED'S POV:

Fuck! I have been noticing Divi since I saw her in that saree, she was looking nervous but I thought that I am over thinking but what she said to me! Fuck my life!

I goddamn froze not knowing what to do!

"Ved... I wanted to talk to you..." she said slowly...

Why is she talking so softly? She is very cheerful, usually.

"About what Divi?" I asked trying to be casual about it..

"Uhh.... about us..." She sounded nervous....

Think about it Ved, Did you commit some blunder? Did you do something in the room that you shouldn't have done when you're sharing your room with a lady?

I was confused, I looked at her asking her to continue...

"I know we decided to remain friends but can we think about giving this relationship a chance?" She sounds so fucking hopeful! What will I tell her now? Divi I have feelings for you but I don't think that I can have a relationship? Fuck Ved! you can't say that and give her false hopes!

I just blinked at her not  knowing what to do, She gave me a look that said that she expected me to say something at least...

"Divi I-" I didn't know what to say! I just can't say that I don't want this!

Somewhere in me, I crave to touch her to look at her without any fear of appearing a creep, fuck Ved!

Not looking at me, she said, "Yeah, I understand Ved.. I just-" 

"I think I just got carried away with di getting married and everything..." she didn't look at me....

I am feeling guilty for having feelings for her but not having the courage to tell her that and have a happily married life! 

"I am really sorry Divi... I just can't you know..." I tried to reduce the awkwardness or the pain she might be feeling...

"No Ved! Don't worry! I understand after everything that has happened... I am sorry I don't know what came over me.." She said, again not meeting my eye, One thing i know about Divi is that she talks with a confidence that I admire about her a lot but, right now, that confidence is clearly missing....

"I-I'll go now... It's getting late.." I got up knowing that as soon as I exit this room she'll cry I can see it on her face...

Fuck Ved!

"I'll come home by tomorrow or the day after...." She told me and I couldn't help but wonder if she wants to avoid me for sometime...

"Divi is it because what happened?" I voiced out my thoughts...

"No! Of course not! It's just Jiya is also staying over and I don't stay toh FOMO ho ga mujhe..." She sounded over-cheerful and I knew that all this enthusiasm is fake...

"Ok... bye then!" I said....

I couldn't stop myself from hugging her, I know I shouldn't have hugged her, at least not after indirectly rejecting her...

Fuck off Ved!

"Divika do you have feelings for me?" I asked her, unconsciously tightening my hold on her...

Wrong move Ved! 

"Ved... I-I am tired" She said... 

 That was enough for me to understand that she has feelings for me. Fuck! She shouldn't have had those we are friends- Please Ved! You shouldn't have feelings for her too! She's your friend.