CHAPTER 7

DIVIKA'S POV:

The car ride back home was silent... But, somehow the silence did not feel awkward in fact it was comfortable... We entered the house ... we saw Rudy sleeping on the sofa in the living room.. I decided to wake him up and Ved silently followed me...

We saw a frame in Rudy's hand... I didn't recognize it... but I could feel Ved's jaw clenching and I saw his hands had formed fists...

" Rudy bacha, wake up! utho!" I started waking him up... he stirred a bit in his sleep....

"Mom..." He mumbled while sleeping and kept my hand on his head... 

I understood and started caressing his hair.... He shifted a bit and kept his head on my lap...

"Mom, please come back.. I want you mom" He mumbled in his sleep...

I know he misses his mom a lot... I started patting his cheek to wake him up.. 

He slowly opened his eyes and then tightly hugged me...

"Bhabhi, I miss mom and dad... We lost them today, 10 years ago.." He was sobbing on my shoulder..

"Rudy... bacha... do you think your mom and dad will be happy if they see you crying and missing them?"

He nodded negatively...

I wiped his tears..

"Come on then, get up... go get freshened up... I will go check on dadi..."

"Bhabhi can you please make me sleep today?" 

"Ok... you go, get freshened up... I will come to your room after checking on dadi once..."

I went and checked on dadi.. She was sleeping.. then I went to Rudy's room.. it was empty.. I checked in the loo and everywhere else.. I came out of his room... I could hear some voices from Riya's room... I decided to go and check...  the door of the room was ajar and I saw the three siblings hugging each other..

" Guys Ved bhai has been there for us na! We should not feel weak.. and now toh we have Divi bhabhi also na.." Advi tried to comfort his siblings..

"But I miss maa-papa! And Ved bhai has also stopped spending time with us since that Sonali and Vihaan cheated on bhai!" Riya said while sobbing...

They need Ved more than me right now... I went to our room to call him.. I saw him sitting on the recliner and drinking whiskey with a poker face... I saw how his jaw clenched on seeing Rudy cry,.. He looked at me....

"You can sleep, I'll go out..."

" Ved!"

"Yeah!"

"They need you right now.. just go and give them a hug... tell them you are always there for them.."

"They know I am always there for them"

"They don't! not any longer... I heard Riya say something about some Vihaan and Sonali cheating on you... she said that you have stopped giving them time since then..."

"She really said that?"

"Yeah... she was crying..."

He gulped the remaining whiskey from his glass and started going towards Riya's room... He stopped at the door and knocked...

"Who's there?" Came Riya's voice..

Ved slowly opened the door a bit and peeked in..

"Bhai! you don't have to knock..."

Dev entered and left the door ajar.... I didn't enter because I thought that the siblings need each other right now... but I stood there... I could see Advi and Rudy in the room as well...