CHAPTER 16

VED'S POV:

"Morning Saijal"

"Good morning sir!" She wished me back and I went in my cabin...

After sometime she knocked and came inside...

"Sir, Akk- I mean Mr. Singhania will be coming for a meeting today post lunch.." 

"Ok! Saijal do one thing, invite Mr. Singhania for lunch... Divika is coming and she'll be happy to see him"

She smiled and went away...

But I told her to come to my office infront of dadi when she had no option to deny.... I think I should once call her and make sure....

She said that she will come and that made me smile for some reason... Why does she make me smile... I was thinking about all of this when Advi came in my cabin...

"Bhai!"

"Haan bol!"

"Can I please borrow miss Saijal for some time? My PA is on a leave..."

"Ok! But come in my cabin for lunch"

"Ok!" With that he went away and Saijal came in...

"Sir you have a meeting just before lunch... should I set a reminder?"

"No its ok... you can go and help Advi I'll manage..."

I got engrossed with my work and then went for the meeting that Saijal had mentioned.....

When I came back to my cabin I saw Verma scolding someone... When I asked he told me that two ladies were stealing documents from my cabin...  I was going to scold them when Verma moved away from my eyesight and I saw a crying Riya in Divika's arm... I got so angry at Verma that I told him to submiy his resignation and go out...

I then tried to take Riya in my arms but she didn't come to me and started apologizing for coming to my office... God how deep a mistake of mine has scarred Riya... I sternly told her to look at me.... she looked at me and I gestured her to come in for a hug but she first looked at Divika who pushed her in my arms and Riya again started crying... I very calmly told her how happy I was to see her... I gave Divika a thankful smile and asked both of them to sit... and told Advi to come in my cabin to which he said that he was busy and he would come in another 20 minutes....

Since I have had the boss's chair Riya always sits on it... I still remember how Rudy and Riya  cried to sit on it.. They had come to my office for the first time after Chacha-chachi's death when I had over heard them talking...

"Rudy bhaiya! do you think Ved bhaiya will let us sit on his chair like papa did?"

"Nahi chotu! ek baar I saw a picture of Sonali didi sitting on his chair... you know na she doesn't like us... if she was sitting on it then it is hers also... so she will not let us sit..."

"But bhaiya... Ved bhaiya promised us he will love us like Papa and mumma did" With that she started crying.... Not being able to take it anymore... I went from her behind lifted her and made her sit in my lap on the boss's chair..

"Kya hua princess? why are you crying?" I asked her while wiping her tears...

"lambu said that you will not let us sit on your chair" She said cutely sniffling...

"Why did you say that Rudy?" 

"Because it is your chair and not papa's" He said while trying not to cry...

I shook my head and told him to come near me.. I took him in my lap also...

"Acha tell me why did your papa let you sit on his chair?" 

"Because his stuff was ours also.." He said innocently...

"And why do you think that what is mine is not yours?"

"Pata nahi" He said while shrugging

"Bacha.. remember one thing... what is mine is also yours ok?"

"OK bhaiya!" With that both of them kissed my cheeks...

I came out of my trance when I saw that Riya was not sitting on the boss's chair which made me frown... I made her clear her doubts and sit on that chair like earlier times....

She then started telling Divika how I used to let her cuddle me every 2 weeks and I realized that we had not done it in so long all thanks to me and made a note to arrange it soon...

"Divka what did you want to talk about" I suddenly asked her when she gestured towards Riya...

Before I could react Riya said

"Bhai! bhabhi mujhe forcefully laayi hain... mere koyi plans nahi the third wheeling ke. specially aapke quality time main" She said in a very serious tone...

"Ab main kya karoon Riya? Ghar par toh meri biwi ke paas mere liye time nahi hai... office bulata hoon toh madam usse family outing bana deti hain" I played along with Riya and she bursted out laughing....

"Dekho bhabhi! maine toh warn kiya tha!"

"Riya zara poochna kitna acha laga yeh surprise isse? What would he have preferred getting you to his office after all that he has  done or spending time with me?" Divika said with a smirk

"Obviously getting Riya to my office!" I said without a second thought...

"See I knew it!" Divika said coolly 

"So bhabhi you are not at all affected that your husband chose his sister over you?"

"Obviously no! infact it is a miracle that you still call him bhai after all that he has done."

"Theek hai na! And stop taunting me for my mistakes now! I regret everything I did." I whined and saw Riya smile...

Riya got up and kissed Divika on her cheek and exclaimed "I love you bhabhi!" 

"Haye! kitna pyaar hai na tum dono ke beech main?" I said with fake annoyance on my face

"Aur nahi toh kya!" Riya sassily said and went and sat on the chair when suddenly Advi entered in my cabin...

"Bhai aapka- Riya!" He had shock written all over his face...

"Hi Advi bhai! You don't look happy finally seeing me on my seat." 

Advi just chuckled and hugged her... 

"I am so happy that you have come to the office." Advi exclaimed....

Riya and Advi were talking when Saijal came in..

"Sir, Verma has resigned.."

"Yeah! accept his resignation..." She said ok and went she didn't even acknowledge Divika...

"Acha bhai! aapka sign chahiye tha..." Advi said

"de!"  He forwarded me a document...

"Tune read karliya?"

"Haan bhai! bus kuch stationary supplies ki-"

"I don't need to know" I just signed the document...

"Now can we have lunch?" Riya asked...

"Riya let's wait for some more time your bhabhi's friend will be joining us..." 

Saijal again came inside and hugged Divika... And Divika introducd her to Riya....

We were all just talking when there was a knock on the cabin door and Mr. Singhania came in..

"Hello Ved!" He shook my hand and I reciprocated the greeting, he shook hands with Riya and Advi and hugged Saijal and Divika.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A LONGER UPDATE

I WILL TRY AND UPDATE TOMORROW AS WELL BUT NO PROMISES.

I HOPE YOU WILL LIKE THE CHAPTER

DO VOTE AND COMMENT

LOVE LOVE