CHAPTER 31

VED'S POV:

I had started driving but both of us were silent... I cleared my throat to break the silence....

"So, How's life been?"

Ekansh was looking at me as if I had committed a crime by asking that question....

"What!" I said while driving....

"That's the question you have?" He asked me...

"Yaar! Dekh! this is just so unexpected I don't know what to say, I am just asking how has life been the last 5 years?" I said honestly...

"So, first two years I really tried to connect with you but all my efforts went into vain, and to be honest I was fed up... Ayaan and I took over Papa's business... I then opened this cafe...." Ekansh told me....

"And bhabhi?" I asked with a small smile...

"Arranged marriage, pata nahi yaar kya hua unn 2 ghante main, Maa asked me if I was ready for marriage.. I said yes we then went to meet Siya's family and herself of course, yaar I was with her for 2 hours that day and my life took a whole big turn... Saala I couldn't sleep that whole night! every time I closed my eyes, her face with in that beautiful anarkali came in front of me... chutiyon ki tarah, raat ko 2 baje I texted her, 2:15 par she replied... I asked her out for a date, she said yes.... I told her everything about VAVE on our date.. she just hugged me and told me that one day we'll reunite, aur ab dekhle..." Ekansh said with a light chuckle...

"You finally found about your one and only!" I said with a big smile...

"Haan yaar finally! Anyways tu bata what's up with Divika..?" He asked me...

"Yaar dadi met Divi's papa somewhere and blackmailed me into marrying her... I made it clear that we'll be just friends and that's what we are... Yaar! Riya ko she treats like her own, Advi compares her to chachi and Rudy loves her, aur kya chahiye?" I told him..

He hummed and asked me..

"Aur tu Ved? You don't have feelings for her?" 

"Uhh... After what happened yaar, I don't think love is made for me... "

"And what about Divi, does she not deserve love?"

"Dekh, she's always allowed to leave the relationship... I will never force her to stay.." I told him honestly...

"Ek baat bata, You also got betrayed in friendship not only love, toh how come you are ok with you know us being friends..."

"Honestly? Divi again made me trust in friendship and Advi had been telling me one thing since like the last 5 years, just because one guy was an asshole does not mean that all of them will be assholes plus Divi has been the best friend anybody can ask for..."  Ekansh just hummed in response....

"Waise Ayaan and I have been in touch after everything.." I just nodded...

"And we are going to his boutique..."

As soon as he said that, I stopped the car..

"Main nahi jaa raha! I bloody called security to get him out of my office because he was trying to tell Riya about Vihaan" I said...

"Don't be a kid yaar Ved!" Ekansh said....

"But-"

"Ved, Ayaan has also gone through a lot ok? You need to talk to him and patch up! It's high time! Fucking 5 years man..." 

I couldn't help but be ashamed.. I just nodded....

Ekansh then called bhabhi... I just zoned out not wanting to listen to their conversation...