My mission pt 2 (Diavolo x assassin reader)

(You guys wanted a party two, so here it is. I decided to write this before the other requests because I don't want to wait four one shots to write this. This is going to be a little longer than usual one shots.

S/N = Sister's name. If you don't have a sister, make a name up.)

Y/N's POV

It's been a few weeks since my release, and they were going pretty good. I was able to make amends with the demon brothers, as well as the angels and Solomon. I nearly cried when Lucifer forgave me a lot quicker than I thought he would.

Considering the circumstances, I expected him to threaten me or something. But I guess even he has a soft side. I've also regained my strength and stamina. I had been training almost every day, preparing myself for the upcoming trip to the human world. My motivation was to save my sister, so I really pushed myself during training.

It was the night before our trip, and I was feeling anxious. I had heard stories of people who dared to go against my boss's wishes, and they didn't live to tell their tale. Which made me even more concerned for my beloved sister.

My mind was filled with so many terrible thoughts, so I ended up falling into an uneasy sleep, not knowing what kind of illusion my mind was going to show me later that night. A nightmare filled with blood and tears.

3rd POV

Diavolo was having a hard time getting to sleep. He wasn't nervous about dealing with Y/N's boss, he was worried about Y/N herself. She seemed terrified any time they had spoken about him these past few weeks. He could only imagine what kinds of things he had put Y/N through over the years.

As the demon prince wandered aimlessly, he ended up in front of Y/N's bedroom door. He thought it was silly of him to worry so much, but then he heard whimpering from inside the room. Worry consumed him as he quickly opened the door. The human was tossing and turning, and murmuring incoherent words.

Diavolo hurried over to her, and gently shook her small form. He could see tears falling from her cheeks, and it reminded him of when he had released her. Y/N's eyes suddenly opened, and she sat up in a panic. She looked around as she panted for air, and her eyes landed on the prince.

"Are you alri-?" Y/N reached for him and hugged him. He could feel her small body trembling. He had noticed that she had reverted back to way she was acting before she tried to kill him. Back to the sweet, sensitive girl he had gotten to know.

He was quite happy to see that her "fake" personality wasn't fake at all. It was her true self. The one hidden beneath all the blood and chaos. Not the personality her boss had created and thrust upon her by force.

"T-There was blood....and the boss...and-!" Y/N tried her best to explain the nightmare, but she was trembling so much, and it made it harder to speak. "Shh. It's alright. I won't let him lay a finger on you, or your sister tomorrow." Diavolo started to stroke her hair softly, which seemed to calm her down a little bit. She sniffled as she clung into his body, as if letting him go would make him dissapear.

"I-I.....can't lose you." Diavolo's eyes widened. Those words stirred something within him. He knew he probably wouldn't have much trouble handing a mere human, and he had a feeling that Y/N knew that too. Yet she said that anyway. "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere." He whispered softly. Again, he knew this was the work of her boss.

"P-Please...don't...leave..." Y/N's voice was so soft, so Diavolo looked down. The human had nodded off in his arms, and he sighed softly, but then chuckled. "What am I going to do with you?" He was about to lay her down, but she somehow had a tight grip on his shirt. He thought about his options, but really only had one.