Bruises (Lucifer x bullied reader)

(This was requested by memechildinlife928)

I winced a tiny bit as I wrote down some notes on my notebook during class. Tensing my arm muscles to hold my pencil would normally be fine. However, the purple and blue bruises that littered my arms made normal everyday tasks harder for me. I glanced at a female demon with neon pink hair from across the room, and she just gave me a wicked smile.

She and a couple other female students had been bullying me for the past month or so. They always make me go behind the school during lunch or after school, and they take out their anger on my body. Always kicking, punching, and belittling me with their harsh words. They claimed that I was taking all of the demon brother's attention.

"You're such an attention whore!"

"Why the hell do you deserve their attention?"

"They don't see you as a human! You're just a plaything to them!

"They don't really care about you!"

The list goes on and on, and with this happening almost every day, I began to believe their harsh words. Of course, I never brought it up to anyone. They threatened to kill me if I dared to say anything about this to anyone, so I was forced to keep quiet about my struggles. They were smart, so they only hit me in places they know would be hidden by clothes. And since I couldn't let anyone find out because of the death threats, I usually wore long sleeved shirts and pants around the manor.

The bell rang, signifying that it was time for lunch. I gathered my things together, and tried to leave the classroom. However, the pink haired demon whispered something in my ear as I left. "Same place in five minutes, bitch." I shakily nodded my head, and we left the classroom. My legs screamed out in pain as I walked. There was also bruises on my legs and stomach, so moving was also hard to do.

"I'm scared. What did I do to deserve this? Is my existence really that meaningless down here? Am I really just their plaything? Part of it seems true. I mean, why would these powerful demons even want to associate themselves with a stupid human like me?"

I hated thinking like this. It made me rethink my entire visit to Devildom. Every moment me and the brothers laughed together, hung out together, and helped each other seemed like an act. Everything we've been through seemed fake. My mind was always at war with my heart, which caused me emotional pain. It felt like my body was slowly being torn apart from the inside.

"Oomph." I made a small noise as I bumped into something. Well, someone. When I looked up, I noticed that I had run into Lucifer. "Are you alright?" He asked. I quickly nodded. "Y-Yeah I'm fine. I'll see you after school." "Wait a moment." Lucifer's voice caused me to turn around. "Y-Yes?" I asked in a quiet voice. "Would you please come by my room after school? I want to ask you about something." My heart dropped a little. Why would he want to see me?

"I probably did something wrong. Maybe my grades went down. Or maybe I did something at the manor. It wouldn't surprise me if I did something like that..."

"Sure...see you later. Oh, and s-sorry for running into you." I apologized before walking away, not knowing the concerned expression Lucifer had on his face as I walked away. When I turned the corner, I walked passed the lunch room. Then I made my way outside. When I got there, the pink haired demon and her two friends were waiting for me. I set down my things, and just silently stood there. One of the girls walked up to me, and shoved me against the hard wall behind me. The air in my lungs seemed to fly out of me as I desperately gasped for air. "Why were talking to Lucifer earlier, huh?! Did you rat us out?" I tried to deny her accusation, but my lungs didn't have enough air in them.

"Tch. Well, I guess we'll have to teach you another lesson!" The pink haired demon punched me right in the stomach, and I let out a shriek of pain. They never really gave my bruises time to heal. It seemed like each day came with a nee bruise, or old ones getting even bigger. "You deserve this you know. How could anyone ever care about such a weak being in the first place? You're so pitiful." The third girl kicked one of my legs, causing me to fall to the ground.

Suddenly, three legs came swinging at me. Over and over again they hit my stomach, arms, and legs. Tears started welling in my arms as I silently screamed for help. "Ha! What are you going to do? Cry out for help? No one would want to help you!"

"You're right...who would want to help me?"

As soon as I thought that, the kicking stopped. "What do the three of you think you're doing?" A familiar voice rang out, causing me to open my tightly shut eyes. Lucifer had his arms crossed against his chest as he glared at the three girls. They froze as they tried to come up with an excuse. However, they ran off in the opposite direction. Lucifer slowly walked over to me, and kneeled down. I winced as I shut my eyes again out of instinct. Instead of feeling pain, I felt my body being carefully lifted off of the ground.

I opened my eyes, and I was met with Lucifer's ruby red eyes. There was anger and frustration in them. But I also saw pain and concern too. "Let's get you home. I'll contact Lord Diavolo and tell him about the situation." He said as he held me protectively against his chest. Tears were still running down my cheeks. There were so many things I wanted to say, to ask, but I kept my mouth shut. The death threats were echoing in my mind.

Lucifer opened a portal on the wall, and we arrived at the House of Lamentation in no time. He had teleported us to his room. He silently laid me down on the bed, and left the room. My body was aching, and it was hard to breathe without my stomach hurting. Moving any part of my body seemed to hurt. Thoughts were flying around in my head, but I couldn't concentrate on one in particular.

"...why?" My voice was hardly a whisper. That was the only thing that came out of my mouth. Lucifer walked back in the room, and had a few things with him. An ice pack, a roll of bandages, and some other kind of container without a label. "I brought some cream. Those girls had to have left a few bruises on you. But...I'm going to have to take off your uniform to put it on." My eyes widened as he got closer to me.

"I-I can-!" I tried sitting up, but I whimpered as my body froze. "Don't push yourself. I'll be as gentle as I can." Lucifer leaned down, and unbuttoned my blazer. He carefully took it off of me, revealing the shirt underneath. He then slipped it over my head, revealing the myriad of bruises all over my upper body. Lucifer winced as he looked at me. He cringed even more as he took off my pants to see even more bruises.

I felt embarrassed and ashamed at the same time. For one, Lucifer was seeing a month's worth of damage on my skin. And two, the only pieces of clothing on my body were my underwear and bra. He opened the container with no label, and placed two of his fingers inside. He scooped up some of the cream, and began putting it on my bruises. The coolness of it made me feel less tense. Once he put the cream on them, he skillfully wrapped the areas with the bandages. Lucifer pulled his blanket over me, probably to cover my exposed body.

"Are you willing to tell me what happened? You don't have to at this moment if you don't feel comfortable." I shook my head. "...they were mad at me for spending time with all of you. So...they started bullying me a month ago. They called me hurtful words, and started beating me up..." More tears fell from my face. Lucifer leaned down, and wiped my tears away, but more kept coming. "T-They called me a plaything...and a who-" "Shh. It's alright now. They'll be punished for hurting you. You don't need to worry anymore. I promise." His calming voice made me relaxed. "Is there any part of your body that hurts the most?" "M-My stomach..." I whispered. He nodded as he lifted up the blanket, and put the ice pack on my stomach. "T-Thank you..."

"If I'm being honest, I was going to confront you after school. I had a feeling something was wrong. But I'm glad I decided to follow. Please don't hesitate to tell me if something is wrong in the future, alright? I don't want to see this happen to you again." "Okay. I will." I smiled at him. I could feel my emotional pain fading away. I now knew that I could come to Lucifer if something was wrong.