Dinner for two (Lucifer x shy reader)

(This was requested by SeerIsCuteUWU)

Y/N's POV

"Yo! Y/N where are ya?!" I heard Mammon call out to me as he passed by my hiding spot.

I was crouched behind a large bush outside of the school. No one usually comes to look for me, but clearly, today is different.

"I thought I saw her inside. Maybe you missed her?" My demon friend Sylvia said.

I had met her my first day here. She was the first demon besides the brothers who talked to me. Though I'm still shy with her. She doesn't seem to mind though.

"Dammit! Where is she?" Mammon started walking towards the school, and I sighed.

You see, I have anxiety. Very bad anxiety. I'm a jumpy, nervous, and shy wreak.

I'm usually by myself, and I don't eat lunch inside of the school. Instead, I eat outside. For some reason it's incredibly calming to me.

It's the same case for any meal. I leave my room to get the food, but then immediately retreat to my room to eat.

"Thank goodness he's gone. I'm already on edge being around so many people at school. I wonder why he was looking for me...

I'm definitely glad I have a friend like Sylvia who looks out for me."

"I believe you owe me some newt chips tomorrow." She crouched down next to me.

"I-I'll....bring you some..."

My D.D.D suddenly buzzed, startling me. I unlocked it and looked at the screen. It was from the brother's group chat, the one I'm not in.

"Jeez, what's with all the texts?" Sylvia asked. I held my phone closer to her so she could read the texts.

Mammon: Has anyone seen Y/N?

Satan: No I haven't. Is she not at lunch?

Belphie: Idiot. You know she doesn't eat with us in the lunchroom.

Belphie: Why are you looking for her Mammon?

Mammon: Lucifer asked me to find her, but I dunno where she is.

Lucifer: I'll find her myself since you're too incompetent to complete such a simple task.

Mammon: Shut up!

"Lucifer needs me? Oh no! Are my grades bad? Did I do something wrong?"

Endless thoughts flooded my mind. With every new thought came panic, and more panic caused me to feel sick.

"Shit! Okay Y/N, grab onto my arm. I'm taking you to the infirmary." Sylvia stood up. She picked both of our school bags.

So I stood up, and Sylvia carefully helped me to the infirmary undetected. She slid open the door.

"E-Excuse......me." The nurse surprisingly heard me, and turned around.

"Oh. Hello there. Is something wrong?" She asked, and I nodded.

"I-I'm....not f-feeling so good." I held my stomach in attempts to act like I'm going to throw up.

"Oh dear. If you would like, your friend can help you get home, just to be safe. What's your name?" She asked me.

"Y/N L/N." I said softly. She turned to Sylvia.

"And you?"

"Sylvia Adair." She answered.

"Alright. I'll let your teacher know what's going on. I hope you feel better soon." The nurse left the room after me and Sylvia did.

So we walked all the way to the manor, and Sylvia did her best to calm me down. But her efforts were fruitless.

"Now Lucifer's going to figure out that I went home early and he's going to get mad! And on top of whatever I did to make him angry!"

I unlocked the door, and Sylvia's expression tensed as I walked inside.

"You sure you're going to be okay?" I nodded.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks Sylvy..." I whispered as I closed the door.

I stumbled to my room, and locked the door behind me. I laid down on my bed and took some deep breaths to calm myself down.

3rd POV

Lucifer had been searching for Y/N for 15 minutes now, and he wasn't having any luck in finding her.

So he decided to go to her classroom. However, she was nowhere in sight. The teacher noticed him looking at Y/N's desk.

"Y/N left early. Apparently she wasn't feeling too well. Her friend Sylvia helped her back home." Lucifer nodded.

"She left early? She seemed normal this morning. I should check on her after school. Perhaps she's sick. "

Y/N's POV -after school-

Someone knocked on the door, and I nearly fell off the bed. I stared nervously at the door, waiting for someone to say something.

"Y/N? May I come in?" Lucifer asked.

I was too scared to answer him. The door opened, and I turned away from it.

"I heard that you left school early. Are you alright?" I felt the bed shift behind me.

"......I-I'm sorry....." I whimpered. My body started shaking on its own.

"For what?" He asked.

"I-I'll try t-to get...my grades up.....or t-try to make u-up for w-whatever I did..." I started rambling as tears ran down my face.

Suddenly, I was being embraced by Lucifer. My head was cradled in his chest.

"What are you talking about?" He asked in a confused tone.

"D-Didn't I do...something wrong?" I sniffled.

"Where did you get such a ridiculous idea from?"

"W-Well.....I-I heard....that you were looking f-for me....and I assumed I w-was in trouble..." I somewhat lied. If Lucifer found out I could see other group chats, there would be some problems.

"You're not in trouble. In fact, I was going to ask you to eat dinner with me." I raised my head.

"B-But...."

"I know you aren't comfortable with everyone else, but if there were only two of us, you shouldn't be as nervous." Lucifer carefully wiped my tears.

"......I-I'll try....but....c-can we s-stay here?" He nodded.

"Of course. Wait right here. I'll bring the food." He swiftly left the room, and I wiped my remaining tears away.

Lucifer came back with our dinner, and we sat down at the table. I still think it's strange that there was a table in here.

(Legit. There's a whole table in MC's room in the background.)

"Are you feeling less anxious?"

"A-A little....t-thanks Lucifer..."