"Thank you." (Mammon x shy reader)

(This was requested by yoongles___93)

Y/N's POV

I entered the dining hall, with a notepad and marker in my hand. I silently sat down at my seat, and Satan was the first to greet me.

"Good morning, Y/N. Did you sleep well?" I nodded silently, and gave him a small smile. It had taken me so long just to get to the point where I could smile around the brothers.

You see, I'm a mute. Well, I'm a
selective mute. Which means I can speak, but due to my social anxiety, it's very difficult to speak to people. Especially when it comes to new people and a new environment. This also applies to new worlds like Devildom.

It was somewhat hard to explain to the brothers when I first came here, since I don't speak. However, I managed to give a brief explanation by writing on a notepad. The brothers took the news pretty well, which surprised me.

I haven't spoken to anyone since coming down here, but I've at least been able to show my emotions more. Which I think is a decent start.

"Yo!" Mammon yelled as he walked into the dining room, causing me to jump up from my seat. I wasn't good with loud noises either.

"Mammon...." Lucifer glared at Mammon, and he flinched as he looked at my scared face. He sighed as he walked over to me.

"Sorry for startling ya." Mammon spoke in a softer voice, and I picked up my notepad. I began writing, and I turned the notepad around so he could read it.

"It's okay. You just startled me."

"You're so sweet and forgiving, Y/N~" Asmo said as he read the note. We sat back down, and I finished off my breakfast somewhat quickly. Not as quick as Beel of course.

"Can I go back to my room?"

I showed the note to Lucifer, and he gave me permission to leave the table. I hurried out of the dining room, and back into my room.

I heavily sighed through my nose. I felt a lot more comfortable by myself in a room. I went over to my bed, and laid down.

"I'm so glad it's the weekend. School takes so much energy out of me. Being around so many people for that long makes me really uncomfortable.

I'm glad none of the teachers ask me to answer questions during class. Diavolo probably told them not to. Which I'm really thankful for.

But.....I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. It's so much harder to communicate by just using a notepad, and the brothers were pretty much forced to adapt for me. Maybe it's time for me to try..."

I made a very soft "sp" noise, but I stopped. My chest tightened and I quivered a little bit. The only people I've every really spoken to are my parents. They're the only people I feel comfortable talking to, and I have no problem speaking to them.

"They aren't here, but I can do this! I just need to practice a lot whenever I'm alone. I don't want the brothers watching me try to speak, that would just make me uncomfortable."

I swallowed as I tried to speak again. This time, I tried to say "hello", but I could only barely make the "h" sound. I took another deep breath, and tried again.

The more I tried to speak, the more frustrated I got with myself for not being able to do it. I wanted to speak so badly, just say one full word, but my body wouldn't let me.

I felt a wave of anger and sadness washing over me, and I punched the nearest thing near me out of rage. Unfortunately, the nearest thing to me was the bed frame, which was made out of wood.

3rd POV

Mammon was walking through the hallways of the manor, looking for anything valuable to steal and sell online.

He suddenly heard a *thunk* sound come from the room he was passing by. He raised an eyebrow as he walked back to the door. It was the door to Y/N's room.

Now, usually the brothers knocked on the door, and Y/N usually opened the door for them. But Mammon was secretly worried about the noise he had just heard from inside.

So he opened the door, and saw a surprised and crying Y/N. She was holding one of her hands close to her chest. Mammon closed the door behind him, and walked over to her bed.

"Hey, what's wrong? D-Don't get the wrong idea though. I-I just heard the noise outside your room and got curious." The girl shook her head softly. She didn't feel like writing out why she made the noise, and why she was crying. But she was a little happy that Mammon was concerned for her in his own way.

"H-Hey...quit yer crying." Mammon used his sleeve to dry the tears that were running down Y/N's face. When he was finished, he began to retract his hand.

However, Y/N quickly grabbed his arm, and inched closer to Mammon. Then she hugged him tightly. Mammon was startled. Y/N had never done anything like this since she arrived.

"W-What are ya-?" He looked down to see a worried Y/N. She was looking up at him with worried eyes. She was worried that she had upset Mammon by hugging him so suddenly.

"Whatever...you can keep huggin' me if ya want to. B-But be grateful that the Great Mammon is allowing you to do this." Mammon blushed as Y/N pressed her head against Mammon's chest.

She could hear his rapid heartbeat, and smiled a little. For the first time in a while, she felt comfortable with someone else being this close to her. She had missed this feeling. She felt extremely happy.

"......t.......th........tha.........tha...n....." She began whispering very softly, her voice was hardly audible. Mammon looked down at her curiously.

"Whaddya doi-?"

"........t-tha......thank...y-y......y-you...." Her voice was still soft, but it was more audible. Y/N's eyes widened, and Mammon's did as well. The girl had spoken.

"D-Did ya just....talk?" Mammon asked. The girl nodded with a large smile on her face. Mammon ruffled her hair in a loving way.

"Good job. I'm proud of ya. But don't strain yerself, got it? It's gotta be hard to speak after this long." Mammon hadn't realized that he was being soft with her. He was too happy that Y/N had spoken to him.

She grabbed her notepad and marker, and quickly wrote something down. She turned it around so Mammon could read it.

"I'll be fine. Can I practice talking to you when we're alone?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course ya can."

"Don't tell the others though! I want to surprise them when I'm able to speak better!"

"Yer secret's safe with me."

(If you guys want, I can make a part two to this. I really want to write it, but I want to know if you guys would read it.)