Opposites attract (Mammon x angel reader)

(This was requested by ellamwah. Mammon will act more confident than he usually does in this one shot.)

Y/N's POV

"Hey beautiful." I sighed as I turned around. Mammon, the Avatar of Greed, was standing there with a cocky look on his face. This was the third time he's approached me today.

"Hello there. Do you mind? I'm trying to go to the lunchroom." I tried to walk past him, but he quickly stepped in front of me. I tried to go around him again, but he stopped me.

"Tell me, did it hurt when ya fell from the Celestial Realm?" I rolled my eyes. His endless stream of pick-up lines seemed to get worse with each passing day. So I gave him my best fake smile, and spoke.

"I don't know, ask Lucifer." Mammon seemed surprised by my comeback. I didn't really mean to say that, but my patience was running pretty low today. I walked passed him, and made my way to the lunchroom.

Ever since me, Simeon, and Luke had become exchange students in Devildom, Mammon has been flirting with me nonstop. Every time he sees me, he does his best to flirt with me. He even sends me texts after school. I've had to mute his contact multiple times in the past.

"He's such a playboy! He flirts with the other girls in school too! Some of those girls have even told me to "back off" from him, which is stupid because I don't even like him! He's so annoying."

I kept complaining internally as I sat down next to Simeon, Luke, and Solomon. Being around them was calming and peaceful. Usually.

"Did Mammon mess with you again? You look annoyed." Luke asked me. I nodded silently as I took a bite of the lunch Simeon had made me. It tasted amazing.

"Grr...I'm going to teach him a lesson!" Luke growled. I nearly laughed at how much he reminded me of a chihuahua, but I kept it to myself since Luke would get mad at that comparison.

"It seems that he likes you, Y/N. It's nice to see you two getting along." Simeon said with a smile on his face. The worst part of that sentence is that he wasn't being sarcastic. He was being genuine about it.

"I don't think we "get along" Simeon."

-after school-

I made sure I had a straight shot for the door out of the school. My eyes scanned over the crowds of students leaving the school, watching out for a certain white-haired demon. When I didn't see him, I made a break for the door.

I suddenly felt someone grab my hand from behind me, and I turned around to see Mammon standing there with his usual grin. I hung my head in defeat as he dragged me out of the school.

"Now I can walk ya home, Angel."

"I am perfectly fine getting back to Purgatory Hall by myself." I tried to remove my hand, but Mammon wouldn't let go no matter how much I struggled.

"Ya don't need so shy. I know ya like me."

"I do not! You're an annoying demon who flirts with every single girl you see! You're even worse than Asmo." I complained. He simply shrugged, and squeezed my hand. I felt my cheeks get warm, but only for a split second.

"I only do that so you'll get jealous. Is it working yet?" I glared at him, but he wasn't even phased by it. As we walked, I noticed that we weren't headed towards Purgatory Hall. Once again, I tried to remove my hand from his.

"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see." He smiled. I sighed as he started taking me towards the town. I noticed a few girls from school staring me down with anger and jealousy in their eyes. I did feel a hint of satisfaction in seeing their faces.

"Why am I happy to see their faces like that? I don't even like him. Maybe it's because they're always telling me off, and this is the one time I can get back at them. But if I don't like him, why does my chest tighten around him?"

"We're here." Mammon's words brought me back to reality. I looked up to see tbe sign of a cafe. I raised an eyebrow and turned my gaze to the demon.

"Why are we here?"

"I'm takin' ya on a date!" He pulled my hand again, as I was dragged inside. We sat down at a table in the back, and I sat across from him. There was no way I was going to sit next to him.

"I'm only staying for the food, and that's it." I whispered. He shrugged once again and picked up the small menu. I did as well. One of the sweets listed caught my attention, and I set down the menu.

A waitress came by and asked for our orders. Me and Mammon ordered what we wanted, and the waitress walked away. I heard her mumble under her breath what a cute couple we were, which annoyed me.

"So, ya still denying that ya like me?" Mammon suddenly asked. I rolled my eyes and stared at the table's smooth surface. I had already had enough with his flirting and teasing today.

"Why do you keep flirting with me?" I'm not that special or anything. I'm just an angel transfer student." It was silent for a few moments. Mammon reached over the table, and lightly grabbed my hand. My heart skipped a beat.

"Because I love ya, and this ain't flirting. I truly love ya. I only flirted with the other girls to get ya to notice me." His confession made my cheeks burn without me really noticing. I could tell he was being serious, and that he genuinely meant that.

Suddenly, the waitress came back with our food. So we ate in an awkward silence. My heartbeat wouldn't slow down, and I couldn't bring myself to look at Mammon.

When we finished, he silently grabbed my hand, and lead me out of the cafe. His hand felt incredibly warm, making my blush even worse. He stopped after a little while, and turned to me.

"Please give me a chance, Angel. If I mess up, you're allowed to punch me." He chuckled somewhat awkwardly. I glanced away, but Mammon put his hand under my chin to make me face him.

"F-Fine...I give up." He smiled as he placed a light kiss on my lips. When he moved away, it felt like my entire face was burning. We started walking again, and this time he actually brought me to Purgatory Hall.

"So, see ya tomorrow?"

"Y-Yeah..." Mammon placed one more kiss on my cheek as he left. I heard a loud gasp from behind me. Luke was standing there, and he was looking at the door.

"Did....he just kiss you?!"