Lullaby (Belphie x reader)

(This was requested by MiscellaneousFan)

Y/N's POV

It was the middle of the night, and my phone suddenly went off. I groaned as reached for my phone.

I squinted from the bright light of the phone, and I saw my boyfriend's picture on the screen. I lazily swiped to answer his call.

"Belphie...it's early...." I murmured softly.

"Y/N, can I come to your room?" There was a serious tone in his voice, and I sat up immediately, feeling more awake.

"Is something wrong? Are you okay?" I asked quickly. Someone knocked on my door, and I got up to open it.

"Y/N. I can't sleep." Belphie went and sat down on my bed, and I closed the door.

"Are you serious? But you've never had any problems with sleeping." I sat down next to him. He seemed stressed.

"I don't know what's wrong. Beel was sleeping, and I didn't want to bother him." Belphie explained as he laid down on my bed.

"Babe, calm down. Stressing over this won't help you sleep. Just take some deep breaths." I held his hand, and he took some deep breaths.

"Thanks Y/N. I'm feeling a little better. But how am I going to get to sleep?" Belphie sighed. I thought for a moment.

"Let's try a glass of warm milk. Stay here." I went to the kitchen and warmed up a glass of milk.

I went back to my room, and Belphie drank the glass of milk. He yawned, but he didn't fall asleep.

"It didn't work..." Belphie sighed again.

"Don't worry Belphie. What else can we try...? Oh! How about we cuddle?" I laid down next to him, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Are you sure you're trying to help me sleep? Or do you just want to cuddle?" Belphie ruffled my hair a little. I pouted.

"Both.....okay! Maybe I wanted to cuddle you. But I guess this didn't work either." I sat up, and then an idea struck.

"How about I try singing? I don't know if it will work, but it might. Get under the blanket while I take the glass to the kitchen." I suggested.

I went back to the kitchen to clean the cup. There was no way my room was going to smell like spoiled milk.

By the time I got back, Belphie was already nestled underneath the blanket. I sat down next to him, and cleared my throat.

(Play the song if you want)

I started singing a song my mother used to sing to me when I was younger. Her voice easily lulled me to sleep each night.

It was a short song, but what made up for it was the way it was supposed to be sung. A soft, quiet voice made the song more effective.

When finished the song, I looked to see Belphie fast asleep. I chuckled as I slowly got under the covers, and snuggled up next to him.

"Good night Belphie. I love you." I whispered as I placed my head on his chest. It slowly went up and down.

I matched his soft breathing, and my eyes started to close on their own. Soon, I was fast asleep.

3rd POV -in the morning-

"Where in the three realms are Belphie and Y/N?!" Mammon exclaimed. It had been 30 minutes, and the couple hadn't come for breakfast.

"I saw Belphie leave the room last night. He seemed like he was having trouble sleeping." Beel spoke up.

"We're talking about Belphie, right? He was having trouble sleeping?" Satan raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe he went to see Y/N's room. They are dating after all~" Asmo smirked. Levi laughed.

"Lolol! I don't get how she fell in love with him. He sleeps for like half of the day!"

"Will one of you go check Y/N's room? If they're sleeping, just let them be." Lucifer placed a hand on his temple, clearly annoyed by the gossiping brothers.

"Ooh let me go~" Asmo got up and left the room. He opened the door, and wasn't surprised to see what was in front of him.

Y/N and Belphie were cuddling with each other, spooning together. The girl shifted in her sleep, and Belphie wrapped a protective arm around her.

"Oh how adorable! I wonder how Y/N helped Belphie fall asleep~?" Asmo started to fantasise about what the couple could've done last night.

"What are ys implying?!" Mammon ran over to the doorway, and looked at the couple.

"Oh come on, you may be an idiot, but you should know what I'm talking about." Asmo smirked.

"What are you being so loud for? I told you not to disturb them if they were asleep." Lucifer asked his younger brothers.

"Lolol! These two couldn't be quiet if they're life depended on it. Especially Mammon." Levi had followed Lucifer because he got curious. So had Satan and Beel.

"You guys make the worst assumptions sometimes..." Satan sighed.

"What's bad about sleeping together?" Beel asked innocently. Asmo chuckled.

"Well you see my dear brother..."

"Can you guys shut up?" Belphie's tired voice said. Everyone went quiet.

"Oops! Sorry for waking you." Asmo apologized. Belphie glared at his brothers.

"Go away. I don't want Y/N to wake up." Belphie brushed a piece of the girl's hair out of her face, and tucked it behind her ear.

So the brothers closed Y/N's room door, and left the two alone. Belphie rested his head on top of the girl's head, and fell back asleep almost instantly.

Y/N's POV -a couple hours later-

"Mmm...." I slowly opened my eyes, and noticed that Belphie was brushing my hair with his fingers.

"Good morning Y/N." Belphie said. I rolled my eyes. It was probably afternoon now.

"Morning...did you sleep alright?" I turned around and looked into his purple eyes.

"Yeah. You have a beautiful voice. Maybe you should sing to me every night."

"Or maybe you just need a good person to cuddle with." I got on top of him, and wrapped my arms around his back.

"You're probably right." He placed his hand on my head.

"Let me guess. You want to go back to sleep." I nuzzled his nose with my own, and he nodded.

"Yeah...I'm still tired..."

"Let me get some food, and I'll come right back and cuddle with you all day, okay?" I looked at his eyes, and they were closed again.

"What am I going to do with you?" I chuckled as I got up to get some food.