May I have this dance? (Diavolo x reader)

(This was requested by GizmoLucifer. Also, my go-to for dresses is black flats since I hate the idea of heels.)

Y/N's POV

I shyly rubbed my arm as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a red dress with no sleeves, and I was feeling extremely nervous.

 I was wearing a red dress with no sleeves, and I was feeling extremely nervous

Diavolo had invited us to go to a party at his castle. There wasn't really a reason for the party, but knowing Diavolo, he probably just wanted to have one for fun.

"He's such a dork sometimes, but I guess that's why I like him. But the chances of a human like me ending up with a demon like him is microscopic.

Lucifer would most definitely not approve of a romantic relationship between us. Though it would be nice..."

"Y/N~" Someone tapped on my shoulder, and I yelped as I jumped away from the person.

I looked over at my door to see Asmo with a large smirk on his face. I blushed as I stomped over to him, and lightly punched him on the arm.

"It's not my fault you were daydreaming about me~ Who wouldn't daydream about someone as beautiful as-"

"I-I wasn't daydreaming about you! It's none of y-your business anyway..." I tried to cover my blushing face, but it didn't go too well.

"Lucifer wanted me to come and get you so we can go, but I don't want anyone else seeing your cute blush~" I rolled my eyes as I stepped passed him, and made my way down to the foyer.

"You look beautiful, Y/N. Well then, let us depart. I do not want to keep Lord Diavolo waiting." Lucifer said. He opened a portal on the wall, and we all walked inside of it.

I was blinded by the white light that surrounded us, but it only lasted a few seconds. When I opened my eyes, we were inside the ballroom of the castle.

"Welcome! I'm glad to see all of you!" Diavolo said as he walked over to us with Barbatos at his side.

I hid myself behind Beel, who was at the back of the group. He glanced back at me, and I gave him a little smile, telling him that I was alright. However, I was far from alright.

"What is he going to think of my dress? Is he going to like it? Hopefully he doesn't think I got a red dress since that's the color of his hair and usual clothes. Even though that *is* the reason I picked out a red dress..."

Diavolo greeted the each of the brothers with his usual enthusiasm. Once he got to Beel, he noticed me and his smile somehow got even bigger.

"Y/N, it's nice to see you!" Diavolo said as I timidly walked out from behind Beel. I desperately tried not to glance around and maintain eye contact with him.

"H-Hello...Lord Diavolo." I glanced towards Lucifer. I knew that if I didn't add the "Lord" part, Lucifer would definitely give me a long lecture when we got back to the manor.

"Haha! You don't need to be so formal with me. Just call me Diavolo. We're friends after all." He laughed as he playfully winked at me, and I felt my cheeks warm up, even though I didn't want them to.

"Shall we begin, My Lord?" Barbatos asked. Diavolo nodded as music started playing. I made my way over to the large table of food in the back of the room.

I was too distracted and nervous earlier to notice it when we arrived. Beel was already inhaling the food that was in front of him, and I smiled. I grabbed a plate, and placed some food on it.

I scanned the room to look and see what everyone was doing, but my gaze subconsciously landed on Diavolo, who was currently conversing with Lucifer about something. Most likely student council things.

"He may be a dork, but I sometimes forget that he has a serious side too. I mean, he's the prince of Devildom. And yet he's friendly and cheery.

Not many people in the human world can say that they're friends with royalty. Especially a royal that's as kind and caring as him...

Dammit! Even when I try not to think about him, I end up doing it anyway! If Lucifer could read minds, I would've been killed ages ago..."

"Y/N?" Once again, I was pulled back to reality. But this time it wasn't Asmo who brought me back. I looked up to see two concerned golden eyes on me.

"I-I'm fine! I was just thinking." I took my fork and stabbed a random piece of food, and placed it in my mouth, feeling a little embarrassed.

"I see. Are you enjoying the party so far?" He inquired. I nodded with a small smile on my face, thinking that I was enjoying myself even more that he came over to talk to me.

"Would you like to dance?" He held out his hand. I silently placed down my plate, and grasped his large hand.

He lead me to the middle of the ballroom, and we started to dance. I tried my best to keep up with him since I'm not the greatest at dancing yet.

"I forgot to mention this earlier, but you are absolutely stunning in that dress." My cheeks flared as he complimented me. The world around us started to fade away as we twirled around.

"Y-You look handsome...as always." I blushed even more as I added that last part unintentionally. A saw an odd glint in his eyes, and found myself staring into them.

"You know, hearing you say that makes my heart feel odd. I've noticed this everytime I look or talk to you. You always seem to lighten up the room when you're around.

I also feel slightly jealous that the brothers get to spend so much time with you. Is there a human term for this feeling?" I nodded slowly.

"I believe it's...love."

"Haha. I should've known. It makes sense though. Who would've guessed that I would fall in love with a human exchange student?"

"...Barbatos." We both chuckled at my little joke. The arm that was around my waist brought me closer to Diavolo. My head rested on his chest.

"Y-You know...I've loved you for a while now."

"I'm assuming you kept quiet because of Lucifer, am I correct?" I nodded silently. Diavolo lifted my chin up with his other hand.

"I wouldn't worry about him. After all, I don't think he'll interfere if I'm the first one to "make a move" as you humans call it." Before I could ask what me meant, his lips softly collided with mine.

I was in complete shock. Diavolo, the man I've liked for so long, is kissing me. He moved his face away from me, and lead me off the dancefloor.

"So that's who you were daydre-" I glared at Asmo, who just winked at me. I huffed as I looked away from him. I glanced at Lucifer, who was trying to best to keep his composure.

"I...guess we're a thing now. Hopefully I don't get murdered in my sleep tonight. Even though I didn't initiate the kiss."