Others come first (Satan x reader)

(This was requested by iimxuse.)

Y/N's POV

"Watch out!" I pushed Satan out of the way as one of his many book piles came crashing down in front of him. He stumbled over to his bed, and I ended up getting overwhelmed by the amount of books as they fell on top of me. "Y/N!" Satan yelled as he helped me out from under the pile of books.

"Are you okay? You didn't get hurt anywhere did you?" I started checking my boyfriend for any scratches or cuts. "I'm fine, but you should really be worried about yourself." Satan checked me out as well, and found a small cut on my arm. "Pssh! I'm fine! See? One little cut isn't going to kill me." I shrugged. Satan let out a sigh before he left to go find a band-aid to put on my arm.

I'm not sure why, but for as long as I could remember, I've always been the type to care for others over myself. I'm never too worried about what will happen to me, I'm just satisfied seeing the people I help safe and happy. Some might call it somewhat toxic since I never put myself first, but I don't really mind it.

"Here. I found a band-aid." Satan walked back in his room, and placed the band-aid on my arm, as well as cleaning off the tiny bit of blood. "Thanks. Let's clean up this mess." I said as we started picking up the books on the floor. Satan made sure I didn't accidentally touch any cursed or hexed books as we stacked them.

"Oh..." I turned to Satan, who sounded a little disheartened. He was holding a book in his hands, and a few of the pages were crumpled and ripped. I gasped as I quickly looked at the cover for the title. "I'll be back! I'm going into town to find you a new copy!" I yelled as I dashed out the door, and running into my room to grab my wallet.

I bolted downstairs and out the door. I mentally went through all of the bookstores I knew about as I headed towards town. Me and Satan had gone on dates where we went book shopping together, and he had taken me to a few different bookstores. I decided to start with the closest ones first, just in case I didn't have to go as far as I needed to.

I didn't have any luck with the first couple of bookstores, so I decided to check out one that was further into town. The only tiny problem was that I had been warned about that area before, and that I should never go there alone. Apparently the area has had a more than its fair share of violence, but I didn't really think about it as I walked into the bookstore.

I managed to find the book, and paid for it. So I left, and started heading back to the House of Lamentation. But before I could, I heard a familiar voice call out. "H-Hey! Stay away!" It was Luke's voice. I hurried over to where I heard his voice, and my eyes widened at the scene unfolding before me.

Luke was cowering against a wall, and a few demons were towering over him with evil smirks. The kind that sent shivers down your spine. Without thinking, I sprinted over to the group, and placed myself in front of Luke. "Y-Y/N?! What are you doing here?" He asked. He was shaking like crazy.

I looked over my shoulder and gave him a warm smile. "It's alright. Now Luke, I want you to take this book, and run as fast as you can from here." I said calmly as I handed him the book. I didn't want it to get damaged during this fight. One of the demons in front of me let out a laugh. "Aww how sweet~! This bitch is trying to play the hero." The demon inched closer to me. "Go!" I yelled at the small angel behind me.

"O-Okay...but I'm going to get help!" Luke starting running away at a fast speed, and I let out a sigh of relief. Then I turn to the group of demons. "Shall we get started then?" "Heh. I guess you'll make due since we couldn't fight that pipsqueak!" One of the demons threw a punch, and I quickly chanted a barrier spell. Satan had been teaching me magic since I had the potential to learn it.

"You think a weak shield like that will keep you safe? You must really be naive. You must have be a new magic user if you made a shield this shitty!" Within just a few hits, the barrier shattered. Punches started flying at me left and right, and I knew I could no longer use magic since they would easily counteract it.

I did my best to stand my ground, but I eventually lost my footing and fell to the ground. The demons circled around me, and started kicking in the stomach. I coughed up a little blood, which only made the demons snicker. It was getting harder to breath since they didn't give me enough time to catch my breath. "Any last words before we rip you to shreds, bitch?" One of them asked.

I gasped for air as I tried to move, but my body was aching so much that I couldn't move at all. Every muscle in my body was screaming out in pain, and it felt like there was a heavy weight on top of me, making me feel weaker beneath its weight with every second that passed. My eyesight was starting to get blurry, and I was losing conciousness somewhat quickly. I had to think fast. Then, it hit me. I knew what I could do with the last amount of my energy.

"H-H....hear me, denizens of the darkness..." I whispered. The demons looked down at me in confusion. "What the fuck are you saying?" "...you who are.....born of sh-shadow and....you who give birth-" I felt another kick to my stomach, causing me to wheeze halfway through my sentence. "What the hell are you saying?!" I could feel myself slipping away, but I knew I had to finish the spell, or else I would die here.

"Birth to it. H-Hear me....and do as I.... c-command. I-I call upon...you to send forth....one of your......n-number. I summon the A-Avatar.....of W-Wrath, Satan..." My eyes started to feel heavy, and began closing on their own. But just before I blacked out, a brilliant white light engulfed the area, and I heard yelling. 

Everything went black after that. But I could faintly feel my body being lifted up, and pressed against something warm.

-a couple hours later-

"What....happened?"

That was the first thought that went through my head. After that came a splitting headache, causing me to whimper from the pain that shot through my head. Something was then pressed against my cheek. I opened my eyes slowly to see that I was in my room, and sitting on my bed was none other than my boyfriend.

"Thank Devildom you're alright." He sighed in relief as he looked down at me with his beautiful cyan eyes. I tried to speak, but I felt some pain in chest as I breathed in. "Don't strain yourself. Those demons really bruised you up." His hand traveled up to my head, and he started stroking it. I swallowed as I tried to speak.

"....L-Luke...." Satan sighed again, but this time he seemed a little annoyed. "I ran into him and Simeon when you managed to summon me. He was freaking out, and kept asking if you were going to be okay. Then he handed me something, saying that it was yours." He reached over and grabbed something from the nightstand. It was the book I had bought for him.

"What were you thinking?! I could've lost you." He yelled. I just gave him a little smile. "....You saved me though." I could tell that he wanted to yell again, but he knew I wouldn't listen to him. "I did my best to heal you, but you're still going to have bruises for a few days. Luckily, Solomon is making something for them, so you should recover sometime this week." Satan smiled as he cupped my cheek once again.

"You're....the best." I held my breath to wait for my stomach pain to subside. As I slowly exhaled, Satan gave me a kiss on my other cheek. "I'll be taking care of you until you recover, so don't get into too much trouble, okay?" "Okay..."

Satan stayed with me almost all day and night while we waited for Solomon to bring something for my bruises. During those few days, Satan would help me walk around when I absolutely needed to. Like going to the bathroom. It felt like I was experiencing multiple periods at once, and it took everything I had not to scream out in pain.

When it was time for bed, Satan would read to me in a soft, soothing voice, and it didn't take long for me to fall asleep. When I woke up in the mornings, Satan would be laying by my side, but not cuddling me. I knew he didn't want to risk me being in more pain than I already was.

"Hey Satan...lean in." I asked him. He said down his book, and did as he was told. I then placed a small kiss on his lips. "Thanks for saving me." I whispered. "You know, I'm surprised you managed to summon me with so little strength. I'll have to start teaching you magic again." I smiled at him as he kissed me back. "I would love that."