Pretend (Diavolo x reader)

(This was requested by Peanutspenguin. The idea was from the in-game text above.)

Y/N's POV

"This is going to be a little awkward..." I mumbled to myself as I waited for Diavolo to pick me up. My eyes kept scanning over the text conversation we just had. I had to pretend to be Diavolo's girlfriend so he could a limited-time crepe topping.

"At least I get a crepe out of this, and some time away from the brothers can be nice. No bickering, no loud noises, and no Mammon almost breaking down my door just to tell me something.

And being with Diavolo is fun. He's always so nice and sweet to me. I also really like his personality. But there's no way he would think of me more than a friend."

As I sighed, Diavolo texted and said that he was outside. I made my way downstairs, and opened the front door in the foyer. Diavolo was standing there with his hand outstretched towards me.

"Are you ready to go, Y/N?" I nodded as I carefully grasped his hand, which was bigger than mine. Surprisingly, his gently gripped it as he lead me out the door. I glanced behind me, and saw Lucifer glaring down at me from upstairs.

"Is something wrong? You seem a little pale." Diavolo asked as we started walking towards his castle, where the crepe stand was. I chuckled awkwardly as I glanced away.

"I think Lucifer is going to murder me when I get back..."

"Don't worry. I'll make sure he doesn't do anything to you. As your boyfriend for the day, I need to protect you." He smiled at me, and I felt like I could trust him on this. I glanced at his arm, and clung onto it subconsciously. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"W-We need to look convincing right? So...can I stay like this?" Diavolo laughed as he nodded at me. I noticed a few passing demons were staring at the two of us. I decided to do my best to ignore them.

I could see the crepe stand getting closer to us, and I could feel a childlike energy radiating off of Diavolo. When we got to the stand, I clung on tighter to his arm.

"Hello there. Me and my girlfriend were wondering if we try the limited-time topping special." The lady working the stand seemed surprised at the word "girlfriend", but quickly composed herself.

"Of course, my Lord! Please wait a moment while I make them." The lady began making the crepes. I could feel myself almost drooling as the lady added the toppings on the crepes.

 I could feel myself almost drooling as the lady added the toppings on the crepes

Once she was finished, she handed the crepes to me. Diavolo reached into his pocket to grab some grimm. I curiously looked at the small violet-colored blob with a small spoon in it.

"Excuse me, but what is this stuff? Is it ice cream?" The lady smirked a little bit as she pointed to the blob.

"Indeed it is. That's our secret lover's ice cream recipe. If you feed your lover the ice cream, you'll have a happy relationship with them." I stared down at the ice cream, and glanced back up at Diavolo, who was handing the lady some grimm.