Love story (Mammon x reader)

(This was requested by -tessarqt. I'm not talking about the Taylor Swift song by the way.)

Y/N's POV

"What should I read today? Well, I haven't checked any of the books on the second level yet. Maybe I'll find a hidden gem up there."

I climbed the ladder that allowed me to get to the second floor of the library. Then I began scanning the different shelves to find a book that looked interesting to me. My fingers brushed against the spines of the books.

I noticed a book slightly sticking out, and I was immediately drawn to it. So I pulled it out of the shelf, and noticed that there wasn't a title on the spine.

"Interesting. It doesn't look too worn out, so there should be a title here. There isn't a title on the cover either. At least it has a synopsis on the ba-

Wait. What kind of summary is this?!"

"A story for those curious about their innermost desires."

"Innermost desires? But how could a book know what I desire the most? I don't even have know what I desire the most! Maybe this is how the author gets you intrigued, and it's definitely working. Okay, mystery book. Let's give you a read."

I climbed down the ladder, and hurried into my room to start reading the book. I sat down at the table in the back of my room, and opened the book. As I read the first few pages, I realized how much the words popped out to me, as if the book was specifically written for me.

It seemed to be a story about a young woman around my age who went to sleep one night, and woke up in a completely different world. She was feeling scared and anxious, wondering how she got there and how she would return home.

She believed it was a dream at first, but quickly realized that she was very much awake after pinching herself on the arm, which only made her panic even more.

She was soon caught by some guards wandering around the forest she had woken up in, and was taken to a large castle, where she met the ruler of the strange world, the king himself.

At first, the king thought the young woman was some kind of criminal, and was thinking about killing her. But she tried her best to explain her experience, and pleaded to be spared.

The king felt pity for the girl, and decided to make a deal with her. He would allow her to live, but only if she married one of his seven sons.

She denied it at first, but the king reminded her that she would be killed if she didn't, so in order to save herself, she begrudgingly agreed to the king's deal.

"This is vaguely similar to what's happening to me, minus the fairytale aspects. But that's just a coincidence."

I checked what time it was, and noticed that it was now evening. I decided that I would continue reading since it was Friday night, which meant no school.

-time skip a couple of hours later-

The young woman met each of the brothers, who had very different personalities from each other. She had one month to choose her future husband. Surprisingly, the second born brother with white hair, who's name was Amon, didn't want anything to do with her. The girl was happy about that, but she was a little annoyed by his cocky attitude.

As time went on though, the young woman began to have feelings for Amon, but she was too scared to say anything to him, fearing his possible rejection.

I let out a small yawn as I tried to concentrate on reading, but my eyes were started to get heavy on their own. I did my best to fight off the drowsiness that was attacking me, but my efforts were fruitless.

3rd POV

Mammon nearly tripped and fell as he ran to Y/N's room, hardly containing his excitement about getting a good paying modeling gig for Majolish. He opened the door, and immediately started talking without looking around the room.

"Y/N! You'll never guess what happened! The Great Mammon is going to be modeling for Majolish! How excitin' is that?

I'll be able to get a lotta money from this job! I can finally pay those stupid witches now, and I'll still have a nice chunk of change left over.

S-So....I was thinkin'...that I could take-" Mammon happened to look over at the table in the back of the room, and noticed that Y/N was hunched over in her seat.

He immediately panicked and hurried over to her, and Mammon being Mammon, thought she was dead for a split second. But then he heard her soft breathing, and the tension left his body.

However, his next thought was that Y/N was sick. He contemplated for a few moments before decided to move her to the bed. So Mammon managed to lift her out of the chair, and held her close.

Mammon placed her on the bed, and carefully placed a hand on Y/N's forehead to check if she had some kind of fever. It felt normal, so he removed his hand. He turned around to leave the room, but he was stopped when something lightly grabbed his sleeve.

"..........Amon?" The girl's voice was hardly audible, but Mammon could understand her. He was a little confused by what she said.

"What the hell is an Amon?" Y/N blinked a couple times before she realized that she was laying in her bed.

"It's a character...from my book..." Y/N yawned softly, but she kept her grip on Mammon's sleeve. She didn't want him to leave her side.

"Book? And why did ya think that this Amon was me?" The girl's eyes widened a little bit. Even though she was half awake, she could still think somewhat clearly.

"...innermost desire...then that means...that....Amon is...like you. So I'm...like the...woman...which means....I'm...in lo-"

"Are ya sure you're not sick? Let me get Satan to check on ya-" Mammon tried to leave once again, but Y/N wouldn't let go of his sleeve.

"Stay......here." She tugged on his sleeve, and he blushed immensely. He sighed as he sat down next to the girl on the bed. She lazily inched her way towards him.

"W-What are ya doing?!" Mammon was getting more flustered as Y/N crawled on top of him, and placed her head on his chest. She could hear his racing heartbeat.

"You know.....that book taught me...something." Y/N murmured. Mammon was too nervous to say anything back to her, so she continued talking.

"I...know what....I desire most. I...want...you to....love me...the way...I love you."

"H-Huh...?" Mammon looked down, and noticed that Y/N had fallen back asleep. He could hear her soft breaths once again, and noticed that some of her hair was getting in her face.

Mammon reached over, and pushed the hair behind her ears. He didn't want to wake Y/N up, so he decided that he was going to have to stay in her room for the rest of the night.

At first, he was a little uncomfortable with the position he was in, so Mammon laid down, but did so very slowly so his movement didn't wake up the girl. He managed to get comfortable, and he pulled the blanket over the two of them.

"Idiot. Confessin' to me and then falling asleep. B-But I guess I can forgive ya this one time because yer cute...

Y-You better not be dreamin' on that Amon from yer book. I'll kick his ass outta yer dream. The only guy you're allowed to dream about is me, got it?" Mammon spoke softly as he looked away from Y/N, feeling embarrassed about the things he just said.

"M-Mammon..." The girl spoke in her sleep, causing Mammon to smirk. He wrapped his arms around her, and soon fell asleep with Y/N in his arms.