Only human (Lucifer x reader)

(This was requested by AnnetteRushtonJackso)

Y/N's POV

I pressed a hand to my forehead as I tried to pay attention in class. All of the facts and information were confusing and complicated, and I was started to get stressed out.

"Why can't this be easier for me? I've studied so much, and I still can't even understand any of this! My head is starting to hurt..."

I did my best to take notes on what we were learning before class ended. Once the bell rang, all of the students got up from their desks. I sighed as I made my way outside. Usually, I would've sat in the lunch room with everyone else.

However, it would only be distracting since lunchrooms are extremely loud, and it would hard for me to concentrate on my work. I sat down in a secluded part of the courtyard, and began studying.

The fresh air helped me relax a little bit, and the silence was peaceful. After a little while, I heard the bell go off inside the school. So I stood up, dusted off my clothes, and went inside for the final classes of the day.

-time skip-

The final bell rang, and I sighed heavily. I had felt a little confident with my studying earlier, but my last classes changed my confidence into stress. I packed my things, and left the school.

"Good thing Satan gave me a bottle of headache medicine the other day. I definitely need to take one. Then right back to studying. Maybe I'll skip dinner. Or I could always ask someone to bring me my food."

"Y/N~" Asmo jumped onto me and hugged me. My head throbbed, and I hissed through my teeth. He immediately let go of me.

"Is something wrong? Oh no! Did I hurt you?!"

"No, no you're good. I just have a headache. So please be a little more caref-" I stumbled a little bit, and Asmo stopped me from falling over. I lightly pushed him away.

"Are you sure you can get home alright?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I started walking away, trying to look normal. My head was pounding now, and I felt like crying from the pain.

"Skipping lunch wasn't the greatest idea, but that doesn't really matter. I need to catch up with school work. Hopefully my grade hasn't gone down."

I managed to make it back to the House of Lamentation without falling over. I did stumble a couple of times on the way, but I made it. I went in my room, and grabbed the bottle of headache pills.

I took one out, and quickly downed it with some water. I knew it would take a while before it kicked in, but the thought of the headache going away made me feel a little better already.

Suddenly, my D.D.D vibrated, and I lazily held it out in front of me. My body tensed as I saw who had texted me.

Lucifer: Please come to my room.

I slowly walked down the hallway, which was eerily silent. As if the air itself knew what I was about to experience before I did. When I arrived at Lucifer's bedroom door, I raised my hand, and softly knocked on the door.

A muffled "come in" came from the other side, and I took a deep breath before opening the door. Lucifer was at his desk, and he was reading over some papers that were in his gloved hand.

"D-Did you need something?" I swallowed as Lucifer silently handed me the papers he was holding, and I took them from him.

My blood turned cold as I scanned over the papers. I could feel Lucifer's red eyes burning a hole through me, as if he was waiting for an explanation.