Time Heals (Solomon x self harming reader)

(This was requested by AnnetteRushtonJackso. TRIGGER WARNING!!! This one shot mentions depression and self harm! Please read at your own digression!)

Y/N's POV

Tears welled in my eyes as the sharp blade softly penetrates my flesh. Warm blood started to ooze from the cut, making me hiss from the pain. The old scars on my arms reminded me of why I started this habit in the first place, and why it was so hard for me to stop. I knew deep down that this had to stop, but I couldn't. Despite the pain, it was almost addictive. Which is why I continued to do this to myself. To relieve the many stresses of life.

I stood up and stumbled my way into my bathroom. I didn't want any blood to get on the floor. Someone might walk in on me, and then I would have to explain myself. I bit my tongue as the cool water hit my arm. The stinging sensation caused me to drop the knife, making it collide against the cold tiled floor. Once I had cleaned off my arm, I wrapped a bandage around it so it would stop bleeding. As I went to pick up the knife to clean it, I saw my expressionless face in the reflection, and the look in my E/C eyes told me I was broken inside. And I knew I was.

I rinsed off the blood, and watched it swirl down the drain. I used some toilet paper to clean up the drops of blood that unfortunately got on the floor. Then I slipped the sharp knife into my closet. This was my usual routine. I would cut myself every couple of days or so, and clean myself up afterwards, trying to hide the fact that I harmed myself in the first place. I always made sure to wear long sleeved shirts around the manor so no one would see the bandages.

Every day tasks were a little harder to handle, but I did my best to hide my pain. A part of me wanted someone to find out. That part of me screamed out for help every time I picked up that knife, silently screaming for someone to help me escape this hellish routine.

-the next day-

It was currently lunch time, and I couldn't stop myself from softly rubbing my forearm as I walked through the hallway. I ended up sleeping on my side last night, and it just so happened to be the side where I had most recently cut myself. Fortunately for me, none of the blood bled through the bandage and onto the bedsheet, but I had to redo the bandages again. I noticed that Solomon was walking over to me, so I moved my hand back to my side quickly.

I noticed that his eyes wandered to my arm, and I did my best to act normal. "Hello Y/N. Is your arm alright?" I nodded, and gave him the best fake smile I could muster. "Yeah. I just slept on it wrong. It'll be fine later. Well, I'm going to go eat now. See you later!" I waved at him, but I accidentally used my bad arm. I cringed ever-so-slightly before running down the hall. I wasn't headed to the lunch room.

There was a special place where I eat lunch. I found it during my first week here. It was a small abandoned classroom that no one seemed to use anymore. I quickly locked the door behind me, and sank into a corner in the back of the room. I opened my bag, and I felt my hand shakily grasp for something in my bag: it was my knife. I had a habit keeping it with me whenever I could. Every time I got ready in the morning, I subconsciously slipped it in my bag, along with a fresh roll of bandages and a rag.

"He almost found out. What would've happened if he did? Would he have pitied me? He would probably think it's messed up that I do this to myself. I already know I'm broken, so there's no reason for someone else to tell me that. No one needs to know...

No one needs to save me..."

Like yesterday, and most of the days before that, the knife glided through my skin with ease, and fresh blood started to trickle down it. I heard the door unlock, and I froze. Standing there with a concerned expression was Solomon.

3rd POV -a few minutes before-

When Y/N had waved to Solomon, he had noticed that she grimaced, but only for a second. She then hurried down the hallway, leaving Solomon with his thoughts. He had gotten a bad feeling when he saw that look on her face. When he glanced at the ground, his heart stopped. There was a couple drops of something red on the floor. He kneeled down, and realized what it was.

The sorcerer quickly stood up, and went in the same direction as Y/N had gone. Not too far away from him, he heard a door close. He looked around, trying to figure out where the sound had come from. He chanted a quick spell, and glowing footsteps appeared on the floor. It was a tracking spell. So he followed the footprints, and they ended at a closed door. He tried to open it, but the knob didn't budge.

He chanted another spell, and it easily unlocked. When he opened the door, he saw Y/N curled up in the corner of the room, and there was blood dripping from her arm and onto the hard floor. Tears that were welling in her eyes started to fall, and roll down her cheeks. Solomon hurried over to her, and took the knife that was in her hand. He tossed it away from her, and she tried to reach out to grab it. Solomon gently grabbed her hand, and she let her arm go limp in his grip.

"Your arm..." Solomon said as he saw a bunch of old scars on her arm. He whispered another spell, and the blood dissapeared. To Y/N's surprise, her old scars dissapeared too. She looked up at him, and for the first time in a while, her E/C were filled with feelings. She broke down and started sobbing out loud. Solomon quickly hugged her, and her cries were muffled.

Y/N felt multiple things. She felt happy that someone had come and helped her. But she also felt scared. Even though her scars were gone, would she continue to do this to herself? Solomon softly stroked her head, and held her close. "It's going to be alright. I'll be here for you." Those words made the girl cry even harder. She had always wanted someone to help her deep down, but she never had the courage to do anything about her problem.

But now she had someone that she could go to. She had a shoulder to cry on if she needed it.