The return of the butlers (Beel x sad reader)

(This was requested by Lowkey-trashy)

Y/N's POV

"Are you feeling alright, Y/N?" Beel asked as he ate his lunch. I nodded as I continued to eat my food in silence.

For the past couple of weeks I've been feeling a little down. Nothing has happened to me to make me feel this way, but I haven't been able to get over the sadness.

"I wonder what's wrong with me. Maybe I just miss home or something. Whatever it is, it's been effecting me for a while now.

I should write a new entry in my journal, but that means I have to sneak into the library to get it. I'll just excuse myself for now."

"I'm finished." I stood up as I slid my plate over to Beel. There was some food left, and who better to finish it off then the Avatar of Gluttony himself.

"Alright then. You may leave." Lucifer said as I hurried out of the dining room. Not knowing that the brothers had concerned looks on their faces.

3rd POV

"Does Y/N seem...off?" Belphie spoke as he yawned. The others nodded as they looked in the direction the girl walked in.

"She hasn't been too talkative lately, and it's making me sad. Who wouldn't want to talk to me?" Asmo pouted. Everyone rolled their eyes at the last part. However, it was true that she hadn't been talking that much.

"Maybe she's sick or somethin'! I feel run down when I'm sick." Mammon guessed. It made some sense, but it was only that, a guess.

"Lolol! Or maybe she's annoyed by you, Mammon!" Levi started laughing, and the others chuckled softly. Mammon huffed as he looked away.

"We shouldn't ask her. It might be something personal." Satan said as he turned to the page in his book. The brothers nodded. It wasn't their place to barge into the girl's personal life.

However, Beel had a gut feeling that he should see what was wrong with Y/N. Not because he was simply curious, but because he was extremely worried about her.

Y/N's POV

I made sure no one had followed me before I went over to the table in the middle of the room, and kneeled down to look at the dragon statue that held up the tabletop. I reached inside its mouth, and took out the journal I had hidden in there.

 I reached inside its mouth, and took out the journal I had hidden in there

(A/N: I would want this table if I were in the Harry Potter universe.)

There was a pencil inside the mouth as well. I opened the journal to the last entry, and began writing on the next page. Though part of me focused on listening for footsteps of someone walking towards the library.

"I don't want anyone seeing this. The brothers don't need to worry about something like this. This sadness will pass eventually, and I can handle it on my own.

Besides, it's a little embarrassing that I have a diary. Which is probably why I call it a journal to make it slightly less embarrassing."

Suddenly, I heard footsteps in the hallway, and I started to panic. I closed the journal and put it back in the dragon's mouth. I threw the pencil inside.

"Y/N? What are you doing on the floor?" Beel asked as I got up. I struggled to come up with an excuse on the spot.

"I-I.....tripped." Beel seemed confused. To be fair, if I heard this excuse I would be too. Before he could have a chance to speak again, I started to leave the room.

"I-I'll see you later..." I whispered as I quickly left the library. However, I was stopped by someone placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you're okay? I'm worried about you. We all are." He asked in a serious tone. I clenched my fist as I silently walked away.

"Dammit! I'm making them worry without realizing it!  I need to act more normal. I'm letting this stupid feeling get the better of me."

I felt tears welling in my eyes, and I ran to my room. I shut the door behind me, and hid underneath the blanket.

3rd POV

Beel looked down at the ground where Y/N was, and noticed something sharp poking out of the statue dragon's mouth.

He got down on the ground, and reached inside. He found a pencil, but there was something else inside. It was a small book with a F/C cover.

"Why was this in there? Maybe Y/N was hiding it. Maybe I can figure out why she's acting so weird."

Even though Beel knew it was a breach of privacy, he still opened the small book. He noticed that each page had a date on it.

The first entry dated all the way back to her first day in Devildom. Beel decided to go towards the end of the book since it was only recently that Y/N had been acting different.

Beel read an entry about the week they had to dress up and act like butlers. She seemed really happy during it, and she really liked that she got to spend so much time with the brothers, even though they were serving her.

Beel skipped a few pages, and found an entry from a couple of weeks ago. Now, normally he would go ahead to the next page since it didn't look much different from the other pages.

However, there were a few spots on the paper. Old tears that had dried up. Beel began to read the entry, and he felt saddened by what was written.

"I feel weird today. Am I sick? Lonely? Homesick? I don't know. I don't even know why I'm crying right now. I'll just write later".

Beel closed the book, and placed it where it was. He decided he was going to help Y/N feel better. But he needed his brother's help to do it.

Y/N's POV

A heard a knock on my door, and I slowly moved the blanket off of my head. I wiped away my tears and took a few breaths.

"Master, may we come in?" I heard Levi's voice call from outside. I raised an eyebrow. Master?

"S-Sure?" The door opened, and my eyes widened to see all of the brothers wearing their butler outfits.

"W-Why are you-?"

"Don't ask us, Master. It was all Beel's idea." Lucifer answered as he gestured towards Beel, who took a step forward.

"I wanted to make you feel better Master, so I asked everyone to wear they're butler uniforms for the day." He explained. I hugged him tightly. But then I realized something.

"You found my journal, didn't you?" I whispered. I felt Beel's body tense up. He nodded.

"I am sorry about that, Master. What can I do to make it up to you?"

"It's fine. I'm glad you did. You made me happy."