Our time apart (Satan x demon reader)

(This was requested by TotallyNotAva. This is the longest one shot I've written.)

Y/N's POV -flashback-

I coughed up some blood as I left the examination building. It was time for every demon's annual checkup to gauge our power and survival skills, and I had just finished.

"Are you alright?" Satan, my boyfriend asked. I nodded enthusiastically as I causally wipe the blood from the corner of my mouth.

"Yeah! I'm definitely going to do better next year. I'll train like crazy until I get stronger! Though I should probably get different daggers..." I held up the two small blades.

The once shiny and sharp blades were now dull and drenched in blood. I tossed them in the trashcan not too far from me, and smiled at my boyfriend.

"I'll be right back. I need to clean this crap off of me." I waved as I hurried into the bathroom. My face and hands had a few bloodstains on it as well.

Once I was finished with that, I left the bathroom to go find Satan. When I got closer to him, I noticed that he was talking to his brother, Asmodeus.

"So~ how did it go for you?"

"It wasn't any different from last year. Though I think I've improved a little bit since then." Satan replied curtly. Asmo sighed dramatically.

I knew it was wrong to eavesdrop, but I didn't want to interrupt their conversation. I was also curious about what they were talking about.

"I hated it! I almost got blood on my clothes! It would have been awful to get that icky stuff off of me."

"I...see." Satan sweatdropped. I could understand why he did that. Asmo's always been dramatic about everything.

"How did Y/N do?"

"She did....the same as usual." Satan sighed. I raised an eyebrow. Why did he sound so disappointed by that fact?

"Haven't you been training her though?" Asmo inquired. Satan nodded as he spoke in a tired tone, as if he was tired just thinking about my training.

"I have, but she hasn't improved at all. I do love her, but I don't think she's going to get any stronger than she is now. She's still as weak as she was last year." I clenched my fist as I walked over to him. The fact that he was calling me weak pissed me off.

"So I'm weak to you?" I said in a low tone. Satan and Asmo turned to me with surprised looks on their faces. Like Satan, I had some trouble containing my anger.

"That's not what I meant-"

"Then what did you mean? That I'm just going to stay weak forever? That I'll just be some hopeless demon in the future who always needs someone else's help?" I began trembling with sadness and anger. It hurt me that he would say such things behind my back so casually.