Why you're here

Leni woke up early in the morning with the sound of her phone beeping. She had a gut feeling that it was Bongbong, she checked her phone and she was actually right.

"Parang ewan 'to!" She giggled

"Parang ewan 'to!" She giggled. She immediately went to the bathroom to do her thing and get changed. Minutes later and she already heard the sound of his car honking outside. She immediately went down to meet him holding her wallet, phone, and handkerchief.

"Hi!" He met her halfway and kissed her lips. "Nilock mo ba ng maayos yung gate?" He asked as he assisted her in riding the car.

"Yes po, mahal." She answered as she buckled herself in. "Where are we going? Bakit ka biglang nag-aya mag breakfast sa labas?" She asked. "Kung nagsabi ka kagabi edi sana nagluto nalang ako."

"No, it's okay. Mapapagod ka pa tapos gigising ng maaga. We can eat naman wherever we want." He declined.

She observed him while he drives, his eyes were a bit sore, he looks tired telling her that he needed a good cup of coffee. "Are you okay? What happened to you?"

"Nothing. Gutom lang talaga ako saka masakit ulo ko." He said, adjusting his sunglasses so she won't see his eyes.

She frowned. "May hangover ka ba, Ferdinand?"

He didn't answer for a while, he was busted. Her calling him 'Ferdinand' means she's either serious or pissed.

She crossed her arms on her chest, "Sino kainuman mo kagabi?"

He glanced at her but she was seriously looking at the road, "Mommy—" he tried holding her hand but she dodged. He sighed. He knew he needed to tell her the truth. "Nakasalubong ko kasi yung uncle ni Louise kagabi sa mall. He invited me for a few drinks sa bahay nila. He also showed me—"

"Louise was there too?" She asked cutting him off.

He sighed, "Yes. She was there at the house."

There was silence after that. She didn't bother to say anything after that. He glanced at her trying to see the expression on her face. He didn't want to trigger her so he decided not to talk anymore until they were inside the restaurant.

"I'm sorry." He uttered, sitting beside her as they wait for their food.

She didn't bother to look at him. She just continue to scroll on her phone.

"Hey," he stroked her thigh, "Talk to me, please."

"It's fine." She told him coldly. "Let's just eat tapos hatid mo na ako sa bahay. Madami pa akong gagawin."

He sighed and nodded, "Okay."

---

The following days were cold as Leni continued to ignore Bongbong. They continued to act civil in front of their friends and colleagues but they were not actually in good speaking terms. He still fetch her from her house going to work every morning, he visits her office every lunch time bringing food, and send her home again after office hours. Their routine was the same it's just that, they weren't speaking most of the time.