Might be the end

Leni and Bongbong was walking through the hallway of the Humanities building when she excused herself saying she needed to go to the restroom which Bongbong agreed and told her that he'll just wait for her at the cafeteria. Leni immediately entered the cubicle,when she was about to go outside,she heard some familiar voices that she chose to stay and listened to their conversation.

"Have you seen Bongbong?" Kaye,Louise's friend asked. "He changed! I mean physically."

Louise nodded. "Yeah. I saw him with Leni sa cafeteria the other day. They're so sweet."

"I heard Bongbong did that for Leni." Abby,Louise's friend added. Louise just nodded as she continued to brush her hair and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"Do you still love him?" Kaye courageously asked breaking the silence. Louise paused as she didn't expect it coming.

"Oo nga. I noticed parang affected ka every time you saw Bongbong and Leni. Kahit na sabihin mong you're not jealous,we know that deep inside,you actually are." Abby followed.

Louise sighed and looked at them. "I tried to ignore this feeling kaya lang every time I saw him, our memories together automatically flashed through my head. And it makes me miss him so bad. I still love him,I really do. Kaya lang I know that he's with someone else now and I don't want to ruin everything. Besides I can sense that he's happy and moved on."

Kaye and Abby looked at her sympathetically as they knew how Bongbong meant for their friend. They just gave her a hug. Meanwhile,Leni felt frozen after hearing Louise's confession. Her mind turned blank that she didn't know what to do next or what to react. This moment was the least thing she wanted to happen,it scared her. Trepidation was all over her body as she knew that this might be the end 😔

Leni went out the moment she heard them leave,she looked at herself in the mirror,still bothered with what she just heard. Suddenly,her phone rings that she immediately answered - it was Bongbong who's waiting for her for a couple of minutes now. She immediately look for him at the cafeteria,trying to pretend that she's all good.

"What took you so long?" Bongbong asked.

"Ha? Uhm. Ano kasi madaming tao sa cr. Ayun. Madaming tao. Sorry,naghintay kapa." She lied 🤥

"No. It's okay. I'm willing to wait for you. Kahit gaano katagal." He uttered and looked at her with his eyes full of affection.

"Huwag ganyan,pinapahirapan mo ako lalo eh." She thought. She just gave him a weak smile and take their snacks.

Bongbong felt something strange as she was quietly consuming her food. It made him worry somehow as he used to her being makuwento and madaldal during their time together. "Mahal,is there something wrong?"

She looked at him. "Wala naman mahal. I'm okay."

He looked at her,unconvinced. "Sure?"

She breathed heavily as she earned her courage as she wanted to asked straight from him the answer to her question which was bugging her lately. "Do you still love Louise?"

Bongbong paused due to astonishment. He was sure that Leni got his heart but this was the first time he think about his feelings for Louise. And to think that Leni asked him straightforwardly,it definitely gave him a hard time to give her an answer. "Uhm... I... I am-"

She cut him off. "I want an honest answer,Bong."

He sighed and bowed his head without uttering any word causing so much pain to her, "Mahal nya pa." She concluded. She tried herself not to cry in front of him and it's not easy. It's not easy realizing that all this time,it was just an agreement to him. No strings attached. She exhaled heavily trying to relax herself. "It's okay,Bong. I understand." And stood up ready to leave but he hold her wrist causing her to stop her agenda.

"Leni-"

She managed to gave him a weak smile. "It's okay,Bong. You don't need to explain. This was just an agreement after all,right?" And calmly withdrew from his grip,leaving him behind.

He sighed and didn't have the chance to explain himself as she hastened her walk away from him. He felt a pain on his chest as he can feel her pain,the more that it hurt him knowing that he's the reason behind it. He was so disappointed on himself as he was unable to speak on-target. He was misunderstood.

Meanwhile,Leni managed to make it inside the restroom where she started to cry 😭 "Alam ko naman na agreement lang pero bakit ang sakit? I tried to stop myself from falling for him pero bakit ang sakit?" She thought as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Seeing her drenched cheeks makes her more brokenhearted. "Come on Leni. You don't have the right to act like this. You weren't even his girlfriend so stop crying cause it will never change the fact that he still love his ex-girlfriend. All you need to do is do your job which was to help him win Louise back." She told herself and started to wipe away her tears using her handkerchief. "You got this,Leni." She tap her left shoulder to earn courage.

To be continued...