Attention and Affection

The whole barkada went to the airport because Neil and Miro are going back to the states after a month of vacation in the PH.

"I'll miss you,Hon." Grace hugged her boyfriend Neil.

"I'm gonna miss you too. I'll call you every day. I love you." Neil uttered.

Miro started to hugged them one by one including Leni. "I'll miss you,Lens. You take care,okay?" He said as they hug each other.

"I will. I'm going to miss you too." Leni replied. They closed their eyes and tightened the hug. Bongbong intentionally cleared his throat interrupting Miro and Leni's moment. They soon boarded their plane and leave the country.

Bongbong drove Leni home from the airport,he seemed to think about something deeply that he didn't talk too much. "Do you love me?" He suddenly asked.

She frowned. "Huh?"

He pull over at the side of the road and sighed heavily as he rested his head on the drivers seat. "Do you really love me?" He looked at her straight in the eyes.

She frowned. "What are you up to? Of course I love you."

His eyes became teary for some reason. "But you have feelings for Miro too. Are you having some regrets because you chose me over Miro?"

"Hey," she cupped his face. "I love you,okay. Whatever happened between me and Miro,it's all in the past now. Whatever feelings we have for each other wala na yun kasi I chose to be with you and he respects that. I don't have any regrets for choosing you because I love you." She pressed her forehead against his, "I love you so much,Mahal." She whispered.

"I'm sorry." He kissed her forehead. "I love you more,Mahal. Huwag mo kong iiwan."

"I won't."

---

Second semester begins! Migz,Koko,Win and Bongbong intentionally enrolled their Moral Philosophy subject on the same class where Grace,Risa and Leni are enrolled. It's their minor subject so they can freely choose what schedule they want.

It's their last subject before their lunch break and as the days passed by,Bongbong noticed how Migz and Leni's closeness grew. He observed how they interact with each other during their lunch together,during their barkada hangout and every time they were all together. He also noticed how they talked often privately looking so serious about their topic,it got him thinking somehow.

It's a Sundate for Bongbong and Leni,they went to the mall and watched a movie. Strolling around searching for new items until they settled themselves into her favorite fast food chain,jollibee. She kept on telling stories but what she got from him was as short as, "Yes.", "Nope. "I don't know." And often a nod.

"What's wrong with you? Are you not feeling well? You're acting strange since this morning." She asked.

"Nothing. It's just that something is bothering me and it's annoying." He replied making her curious.

"And what is that? You know you can tell me anything." She convinced.

He looked at her. "What's going on between you and Migz?"

"What?!" She exclaimed. "What are you thinking?! Is this another jealous moment of yours?!" She rolled her eyes.

He glared at her. "I'm serious. What's going on between the two of you? You looked so comfortable with each other. Diba we've talked about this na I don't want you getting so touchy and close with other guys!"

She exhaled sharply, "Oh! Come on,Bong! He's your friend. Your best friend! What made you think that we're having a secret relationship?!"

"Kahit na-" he tried to argue but she cut him off.

"Ganito nalang ba tayo lagi?! Why is it so hard for you to trust me? Whenever I have an encounter with some other guys you'll get mad and act like this! Kailangan ko palagi mag-explain and nakakapagod na. Bakit ba ang hirap paniwalaan na wala akong ginagawang masama behind your back?! Bong,I'm your girlfriend. You need to trust me." She retorted,she can't believe she's having that kind of conversation with him. He bowed his head in guilt.

She exhaled heavily, "Sige,you want to know what's going on between me and Migz?" She dared,he instantly looked up to her. "Remember Audrey? Yung high school friend nyo? Migz wanted to court her since high school,she's his ultimate crush and he knew that the feeling is mutual because Audrey said that she felt something for him too. But unfortunately,recently lang sila nagkaaminan and hindi na puwede because Audrey is in a relationship." She narrated making Bongbong surprised.

"Why didn't he tell us?" He asked.

"It's because alam nyang you guys won't take the situation seriously. And obviously you can't give him the best advice that he needs. Baka nga daw pagtawanan nyo pa siya." She explained. 

"But-"

"Remember our last day in Batangas? That moment na you saw us talking tapos I rested my head on his shoulder tapos sabi ko sa'yo I was comforting him? That's the time that he confided his dilemma. He told me not to tell anyone especially kayong mga boys so I often talked to him giving him some advice to help him think clearly." She explained further making the situation clearer to him. He can't imagine how Migz hide his feelings from them and he was feeling guilty that he accused his girlfriend and his best friend having an affair. "How stupid! Tsk!" He scolded himself quietly. He looked at her with sorry eyes,he knew he was wrong.

"O ano? You won't believe me?" She asked but less intense this time.

He holds her hands and kiss the back of it. "I'm sorry,it's just that I get jealous whenever I see you getting so comfortable with someone else."

She withdrew her hands. "Kausapin nyo yung kaibigan nyo. Kailangan nya kayo." She uttered and resumed eating.

---

"Ang hirap lang kasi nung palagi kaming nag-aaway. Palagi nalang siyang nagseselos,alam nyo minsan parang iba na yung selos nya eh. Parang nag-iiba yung personality niya whenever he gets jealous. Gusto nya lahat ng attention na kanya." Leni sighed as she confided her problem to her friends Risa and Grace. She was noticing that Bongbong seemed to overreact and gets jealous easily.

"Mahal na mahal ka ng boyfriend mo!" Risa said. "Pero alam mo parang tama ka nga,seloso siya masyado."

Grace sighed as she have a hint of why Bongbong behave like that. "Pagpasenyahan mo nalang Leni ha. Medyo naging ganyan na talaga yan since..."

"Since?" Leni and Risa asked simultaneously.

"Since his dad passed away." Grace replied.

"Teka? What happened?" Leni asked curiously.

"When we were in grade 5,Bongbong's dad passed away unexpectedly because there was an accident sa isang site na pinatatayuan nila ng isang building. Birthday nya pa naman nun when the accident happened." Grace shared. "Tapos his mom felt depressed and decided to leave the country leaving the company to Bongbong's sister. Lumaki si Bong nang mag-isa,barkada lang ang halos kasama nyan eh kaya look at him now,takaw away. Nawala na din yung bond ng family nila,I remember nung high school graduation namin,umakyat siya ng mag-isa sa stage. He didn't even tell his mom na salutatorian siya." She continued. "Kaya feeling ko nung naging kayo sobrang attached siya sa'yo to the point na he wants all your attention. Bong needs attention and affection,and I think that he found it in you,Lens."

To be continued...