Cool down

A/N: It has been a year since my last ud. Thank you for all the patience and for your continued support.

PS: Major plotwist ahead.

—-

23 YEARS LATER... 

"...Sabi nila, may isang tao tayong makikilala na babago saatin. Babago ng pag tingin natin sa mundo. Magpapa-time out sa lahat ng kalokohan natin. Magbibigay ng inspirasyon saatin. Dahilan kung bakit tayo gigising. Yung last chapter at happy ending ng kwento natin. Yung bubuo ng buhay natin. Pero kahit gaano mo mahalin ang isang tao, iiwan ka pa rin." Bongbong finished his speech with a sad ending. He was invited to give a speech during the millennial forum. Young adults were all intently listening to him as he tackled the what he called "reality" in relationships.

"Sir?" A young lady from the audience approached the microphone to ask. "Sir, how can you say that? I mean diba kung talagang mahal nyo ang isa't isa, you will always choose to be together."

He smiled, "In an ideal world and in ideal relationship, the answer would always be yes, young lady. As you grow older, you'll be wiser as well. Then, you'll realize that love isn't just the recipe to a fruitful relationship."

A young man approached the microphone, "Sir, what if iniwan ka nya because ikaw naman talaga ang may kasalanan?"

Bongbong suddenly remembered someone, "I'll wait for her to forgive me even if it takes forever."

—-

It was just Win, Koko, Migz and Bongbong who were left inside the meeting room, the other board members already left after the board meeting.

"Balita ko todo hugot ka kahapon pare!" Win pinpointed as they knew what happened during Bongbong's speaking engagement yesterday.

They all smirked at Bongbong, "Oo nga daw pare! Dami pa daw nagtanong." Migz followed.

"Aba! Mukhang change career kana yata pare, from President and CEO to Love guru." Koko joked, they all laughed.

"Mga gago pa rin talaga kayo noh?" Bongbong rebutted.

"Sus! Ang sabihin mo di ka pa rin nakakamove on." Migz expressed.

"Are you still in love with her?" Koko asked.

"The question is, are you still waiting for her?" Win followed.

Bongbong just looked at them. It has been 23 years since he saw her. 23 years since she left the country and left him. He can't blame her for leaving him because he knew that he hurt her. He gave her pain. He cannot blame her for not coming back to the country because he knew he was the main reason for her not to come home.

He wondered how she look like now, he wondered what she do now, he wondered if she has her own family now. He wondered if she still remember him because he can still remember her and all the things about her. Although he cannot blame her if she chose to forget about him.

"Until when are you going to wait for her?" Migz asked bringing Bongbong back to reality.

"Baka naman sobra sobra na yung parusa na ginagawa mo sa sarili mo pare? Di ka na nag asawa kakahintay sa kanya." Win uttered. The whole barkada knew that Bongbong chose not to marry someone because he promised himself and he promised her that he'll only marry her.

"What if bumalik nga sya pero di na pala kayo pwede?" Koko gave him a possible scenario.

Bongbong look at them, "Then, I'll take that as a closure. Kapag sinabi nya na di na talaga pwede at ayaw nya na, that's the only time na titigil ako maghintay."

They all looked at him with sympathy, "Pare, we all know how miserable you'd become when she left you. Nandun kami to witness how you've struggled, nandun din kami when you've decided to become better again, pero di mo ba naiisip na baka kaya di sya bumabalik is because ayaw nya na talaga." Koko remarked.

Bongbong sighed, "I chose to live my life like this, alam nyo yan. And I am thankful because nandito pa rin kayo whatever it takes. Pero kasi pare, naghintay na ako eh. 23 years na akong naghintay and I am determined to continuously wait for her. Now, if she didn't come back and di na talaga kami pwede, at least naghintay pa rin ako. At least di ako sumuko."

"Sigurado ka ba dyan?" Migz asked.

Bongbong smiled and nodded, "I know she'll come back."

—-

10:30pm— Bongbong was already going to bed, it has been a long and tiring day at the office. He was quite problematic because of some problems in the company especially with the property they have acquired recently.

He tucked himself into his bed, he turned to his side to get something on his nightstand, he smiled as he remembered everything, "I'm still waiting for you. I'll wait for you to cool down, mahal." He whispered as he hugged the jollibee stuff toy he gave her years ago.

To be continued...