Absent day

A/N: Hey! It's been a while. I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I hope you enjoy this one and please leave a comment if you have thoughts about this chapter. Salamat!

---

Leni was still disturbed by Grace's confession about Bongbong,it really knocked her socks off. It's now clear to her why he behave like that,why he acts wild and woolly,why he's stubborn and rowdy,why he enjoys being surrounded by women and why he gets easily jealous all the time. She ached for him that he needed to go through that kind of life where he felt alone and no one to turn to.

Leni entered the classroom 5 minutes before the time and immediately spotted the whole barkada,she ran to them excitedly. "Hi! Good morning!"

"Hi! Leni!" They greeted her back.

"Teka,where's Bong? Wala pa? Naku baka malate na naman-" Leni paused as she observed her friends' facial expressions. "Bakit? What's wrong?" She asked,anxious.

They looked at each other before Koko earned his courage and looked at her face to face, "Um,kasi Lens... Wala ngayon si Bong eh. Hindi ba nagsabi sa'yo?"

Leni frowned, "Wala naman nasabi saakin. Teka,nasaan ba siya? Ano sabi sainyo?"

"Absent day niya kasi today eh, September 13,automatic yan." Win supported making Leni more confused.

"Remember yung kuwento ko sa'yo kahapon,about Bongbong's dad?" Grace started,Leni nodded. "Um. Diba sabi ko yung death anniversary ng Dad nya was the same day as his birthday?" Grace followed.

Leni nodded. "And?"

Grace sighed, "Ngayon yun Lens. It's Bongbong's birthday today."

---

He felt blue. He lighted a candle and put it in his Dad's tomb then he quietly sat on a mono block chair just across the tomb. He was there again,at the Mausoleum of his Dad,still alone visiting him for 9 years. He was living alone for 9 years already,he was feeling unwanted and unappreciated for 9 years already,he didn't know what family means.

"Hey, Dad! What's up?" He uttered sadly. "Pasensya kana ha,ako na naman ang nandito. Wala eh,wala pa rin sila. I don't know kung naalala nila na anniversary mo ngayon." He continued to talk to his Dad,tears already forming in his eyes.

"I have so many stories to tell,alam mo ba yun? Sobrang daming nangyari saakin... I have a girlfriend already." He brought up and smiled despite the tears. "Her name is Leni,naku sobrang ganda nun! She changed me,a lot. Sobrang genuine nyang tao,mahal na mahal ko siya. I want to marry her now kaya lang ayaw niya pa. Mag-aabogado pa raw siya eh." He chuckled.

He sighed and traced his Dad's name which was engraved on the tomb, "Ang dami ng nagbago since you left us." He started to cry, "When you left,they left also. Si Mommy nasa London,si Ate she's managing the company excellently,she has her own family too. Ako? Wala. Mag-isa-"

He stopped talking as he suddenly felt that familiar warmth that brings solacement to him, he felt those arms which are hugging him tightly, "You're not alone. You have me." Someone whispered through his ears.

"Leni?" He frowned,so surprised of her presence. "Why are you here? What-"

"I'm here for you,Mahal." She smiled and dried his tears using her thumb.

"But-"

She gave him a sweet kiss on the lips, "Happy birthday. I love you." She uttered.

He smiled, "Thank you,Mahal. I love you more." He kissed her forehead then hugged her tightly.

Leni rushed to where he is after knowing his situation,she knew that he needed someone beside him so she decided to used her allowable absences so that she can join him. "I promise to be with you every September 13. You don't have to be alone or to feel alone because from now on,you have me. You have me,Mahal. I promise you that." She stated making him smile and in love with her even more, "Thank you so much Mahal. I love you." He professed and hugged her again.

Leni surprised him as she brought a birthday cake for him,she insisted that he needed to blow the candle. She brought some food too for them to eat. He felt so much joy with Leni by his side,just a glimpse of her makes him smile and stop on his tracks. He offered her a mono block chair to join him in talking to his Dad,he took the opportunity to 'introduce' Leni to his Dad.

"Um. Dad,I would like you to meet my gorgeous girlfriend,Leni. Um,Mahal,this is my Dad,Ferdinand Marcos." He introduced them to each other.

She smiled. "Hello po,sir! Nice to meet you." She talked to his Dad.

"Alam mo Dad,sobrang swerte ko dito sa girlfriend kong 'to. Maganda,matalino,mabait,sweet,medyo matakaw nga lang..." He joked,she chuckled and playfully slapped his arm. "But seriously,mahal na mahal ko 'to. How I wish you're here para makita mo siya,I'm sure you'll be proud of me for having her." He continued.

She looked at him and smiled, "Thank you,Mahal." And rested her head on his shoulder. He kissed her temple and intertwined his fingers with hers. "Alam nyo po sir," Leni started to talk to his Dad as well, "Sobrang thankful po ako sainyo,kasi may anak po kayong tulad ni Bong. Ang swerte ko rin po sakanya eh... He loves me so much,kahit hindi niya ma express through words pero I can feel it through his actions." She continued. "Palagi lang mainit ang ulo tapos impatient,seloso din po masyado..." She whispered playfully making Bongbong laughed, "Pero okay lang po,I understand him better now. Tsaka mahal ko po tong anak nyo eh." She stated.

"Mahal," He faced him and hold her both hands,she looked at him. "Um,I'm sorry nga pala kung nag-away na naman tayo the other day. Yung about kay Migz,Pasensya kana ha... Palagi nalang akong nagseselos... Mahal-"

"Shh..." She cut him off. "Mahal,it's okay,naiintindihan ko. Naiintindihan kita." She stroked his hair, "I may not know what it feels to have a dysfunctional family but I want you to know that I am here to listen and understand you more. I want to help you,Mahal."

He pressed his forehead against hers and closed his eyes, "Thank you,Mahal. You don't know how much it means to me... You make so happy. Thank you, I love you so much."

The day went well,it became more extra special because of her presence. Leni is his ray of light and source of hope during rough times and he couldn't ask for more,he's so thankful. They spent the whole day at the Mausoleum together,exchanging stories from time to time making him more comfortable in sharing his feelings which he wasn't fond of. Leni on the other side kept all her attention to him,listening and trying to used words that will not worsen his situation or feelings.

He drove her home at 6:30pm,he opened the car door for her the moment he pulled over in front of the gate of their house.

"Thanks!" She smiled. He hugged her tightly and rested his chin on her shoulder for while, expressing in action how thankful he was for having her. She rubbed his back to give comfort, "You can tell me everything. I'm always ready to listen." She whispered. He closed his eyes and hugged her tightly.

"I love you,Leni. I love you so much." He said after a while.

She smiled, "I love you too... Everything will be okay,Mahal ko."

To be continued...