The City Lights

"Welcome to the Pilgrim City of Naga!" Leni cheered the moment they stepped outside the bus. They've already reached the Bicol Central Station in Naga after 10 hours of bus ride. He smiled as he found her so cute,it makes him more in love with her.

They soon headed to Leni's residence in Naga and was greeted by her Mom and Dad together with Malou and Boboy (Antonio). "Buti naman sumama ka Bong." Sally brought up as they were surprised by his presence.

He smiled. "Opo Tita,eh ayoko naman po na mag-isa lang si Leni sa byahe. Nag-aalala po ako kaya sumama nalang po ako."

"Naku salamat Bong pero sanay naman yan na sa bus sumasakay." Sally responded. "Pero mabuti na rin at sumama ka,mag-ikot kayo ni Leni dito sa Naga." She followed. He nodded.

Later that evening when they've already got enough rest,Leni brought Bongbong into their mini reunion with her high school friends. She introduced him to her friends and they had one reaction,"Ang guwapo ng boyfriend mo." And Leni will only smile with an evident blush on her face.

As soon as they've finished their get together,Leni thought of an idea,they'd traveled for 15 minutes until they've reached the foot of Mt. Isarog - Panicuason.

"May papakita ako sa'yo,Mahal." She smiled sweetly at him and dragged him into one spot.

"Ano? Ang lamig dito." He frowned.

"The City Lights." She uttered and pointed at certain direction.

"Wow!" He uttered in amazement as he was literally watching the whole city from a high distance. He was looking at the lights coming from the city that appeared small due to their position. He felt the tranquility as he was standing there with the cold breeze touching his face while watching the sleepless city below. "Ang ganda."

She smiled. "Sabi sa'yo eh,maganda dito. I went here often lalo na kapag gusto kong mag-isip,nakakarelax yung view. Nakikita mo yung buong Centro ng Naga from here." She uttered but he was silenced appreciating the view. She looked at him,he looked at peace. "Anong iniisip mo?" She asked after few minutes.

He looked at her and hugged her from behind as they continued to look at the small lights from the city. "Ang ganda dito Mahal,may naalala lang ako."

"Ano?" She asked.

"Wala. Never mind." He answered and hugged her tight. "Pagawa ako ng rest house dito para kapag matanda na tayo dito nalang tayo." He shared after a minute of silence.

She looked at him curiously. "Rest house? Wala ka namang lupa dito eh."

"I'll buy." He replied casually. "Nakikita mo tong bakanteng lote na 'to? Hanggang kahit saan mo gusto bibilhin ko."

"This is not for sale,baliw!" She refuted.

"Ah basta bibili ako. Magiging akin 'tong lupa na to." He answered firmly. "Magiging conjugal property naman natin 'to eh kasi syempre magiging mag-asawa naman tayo."

She giggled and turned around to him,still his arms wrapped around her waist. "Sobrang sure ka talaga na tayo ang magkakatuluyan noh?"

He smiled. "Oo naman. Sure na sure na ako sa'yo. For keeps na nga to diba? Binigay ko nga sa'yo yung puso ko. Forever na 'to!"

She smirked. "Ang-"

"Oops! Diba sabi ko bawal kanang humirit? Akin kana diba! Basta kahit anong mangyari tayo ang magkakatuluyan." He uttered. He cupped her face and looked at her beautiful eyes. "Pinapangako ko sa'yo at dito sa Mt. Isarog,witness din yang magagandang ilaw na yan ng buong Naga... Sa'yo lang ako magpapakasal. Sa'yo lang,Leni." And he kissed her forehead.

She felt the butterflies swarming her stomach. The wind turned cooler and her hair danced along with it but she didn't bother to tucked it behind her ears as all her attention was focused only to him. She leaned closer until their forehead touched, "I love you so much." She whispered and initiated a kiss that he willingly reciprocate until it turned into a passionate kiss that lasts for a minute. It was sentimental for them as it was their first kiss that lasts not only for seconds and it felt good,great rather.

---

Early in the morning before the sun goes up,Leni interrupted Bongbong from his comfortable sleep and dragged him into somewhere he didn't know. He was too lazy to join her but he didn't have a choice especially when she insisted.

"Bakit tayo nandito? Kapag gabi lang naman ang City Lights diba?" He asked after realizing that she brought him to the same spot where they stood last night.

"Basta." She uttered confidently. He sighed.

After minutes of waiting he felt the sunlight touching his skin. He then realized that it was also perfect for sunrise. His favorite sunrise. He smiled as he appreciated the wonderful view,he was captivated by the place again. He enjoyed the heat coming from the sun balanced with the cold morning breeze plus he's with the woman he love. "Perfect!" He thought.

"Ang ganda diba? Kahit sa umaga maganda parin sya." She uttered.

"Parang ikaw. Kahit umaga o gabi maganda ka parin." He smiled.

She giggled and pinched his nose playfully. "Bolero!"

He smiled and hugged her again from behind just like what he did last night. "Papagawa talaga ako ng rest house dito. Para naman fresh air yung malanghap natin kapag matanda na tayo." He shared.

She giggled. "You're serious about that,are you?"

He chuckled. "Yes I am. Diba nga we'll spend every sunrise together until we're gray and old? This will be the perfect spot to do so."

She giggled. "Okay,ikaw bahala."

He giggled. "Oo nga kasi. Kapag matanda na tayo syempre tayong dalawa nalang nun kasi yung limang anak natin may mga pamilya na rin sila,tapos they'll visit us often. Diba ang ganda? Naiimagine mo na ba?"

She looked at him frowning. "Limang anak?!"

"Oo,lima. The more,the merrier! Sana puro yun lalaki para isang basketball team! Naku ang ganda nun lalo. Pero kung hindi ganun puwede namang anim,tatlong babae tapos tatlong lalaki. Diba ang ganda nun,we're one big happy family!" He shared.

"Lima? Anim? What do you think of me,baboy?" She exclaimed.

He chuckled and hugged her tight. "Syempre may two or three years naman na gap yun Mahal. Hindi naman kita aaraw-arawin,don't worry... Mga twice a week lang,ganun."

She slapped his arms which was hugging her. "Bastos!" He laughed.

"Mahal?" He uttered after a while. "Magpakasal na kaya tayo." He followed.

She turned to him instantly, "Kasal?! Are you out of your mind?" She exclaimed.

"I'm serious. I mean,that's the next stage diba so why prolong the agony?" He explained.

"Oh! My god!" She exhaled deeply,she didn't know what to tell him and what to react exactly. "Alam mo naman na big thing yung marriage diba? Kailangan dun prepared tayo pareho. Bong,alam mo naman na mag-aabogado pa ako diba?"

"Eh di mag abogado ka. I'll support your dreams kahit na mag-asawa na tayo." He replied.

"Seriously?!" She exclaimed looking so surprised that he was actually pushing it through. She didn't know what element entered him that he suddenly brought up this topic.

"I'm serious nga,paulit-ulit!" He retorted.

"Ewan ko nga sa'yo!" She rolled her eyes and turned around looking at the wonderful view that was offered by nature.

He hugged her again and rested his chin on her shoulder. "Okay na,sige na talo na ako."

She sighed. "Ikaw naman kasi eh,parang ang dali-dali naman ng hinihingi mo. We'll get there... In God's perfect time."

"I love you,Mahal." He professed.

"I love you too,Mahal." She replied and snuggled closer to him.