Ikaw

"Should I say sorry?"

"Should I?"

"I should."

"What if he rejects me?"

"Wag nalang."

"Yeah, I'll just leave it that way. It's better to keep our relationship this I way. Mas mabuti ng galit sya saakin para wag kaming maattach sa isa't-isa."

"That's right. I shouldn't be attached to him, mas mahirap kapag nalaman nya ang totoo. He'll never forgive me."

These kind of thoughts keep going on in Leni's mind since Bongbong came to her office the other day. She didn't know what to do. She's torn between lowering her pride and say she's sorry or just keep it that way.

Kringg! Kringg!

She was startled, the telephone started to rang. She cleared her throat and answered it immediately. "Yes, Atty. Robredo speaking."

"Good afternoon, Atty.! This is Anya po. I just want to inform you po that BBM wanted to talk to you. Dito nalang po sa office nya."  Anya, Bongbong's Secretary called.

"Who?" Leni blurted out.

"Si BBM po maam, Bongbong Marcos po, is requesting for a short talk. Dito po sa office nya." Anya repeated.

"Ahh." Leni nodded slowly. "Ah okay sige sige. I will be there. Thank you." And she hang up.

She smirked, "BBM pala ha. Businessman na businessman ang dating." She remembered when she first saw him back in college, he has that typical bad boy image wearing ripped jeans and nirvana shirt, now he's a grown up man running the biggest construction company in the country. "Ang dami ng nangyari since I first saw you, Mahal ko."

——

Anya accompanied Leni inside Bongbong's office. "Alam nyo Atty. parang nakita ko na po kayo." Anya brought up.

Leni frowned, "Ha? Really? When?"

"Yun nga po eh. Di ko po matandaan kung saan. Basta familiar po kayo. Sure po kayo na nasa US po kayo nakabase?" Anya asked.

"Yeah. 23 years na akong nakatira sa US. This is the first time that I come back here." Leni responded.

Anya nodded slowly, "Ahh. Never mind po. Baka po kamukha nyo lang. Impossible naman po na nakita ko na kayo kasi 25 years old palang po ako eh." She chuckled.

Leni chuckled as well, "Ang bata mo pa pala. Meaning 2 years old ka palang when I left the country, talagang medyo impossible na nakita mo na ako."

"Yun nga po eh. Never mind po. Kamukha nyo lang siguro." Anya smiled and opened the door for Leni.

"Excuse me, Sir. Atty. Robredo is already here." Anya informed her boss who's currently busy reading some papers.

"Let her in." Bongbong said without even looking at Anya.

Leni cleared her throat, "Um good afternoon, sir."

He stood up and looked at her, "Have a seat, Atty."

Leni can feel the coldness in his voice even in his stare. She took a seat in one of the sofa inside his office. He took the seat opposite hers. She was about to talk about what happened the other day when he cut her off, "Um yung nagyari kahapon—"

"Let's talk about business, Atty." He stated, coldly.

Her hopes crushed, she sighed. "Yeah yeah. Um what I mean is the documents I gave to you the other day. It's about the property."