But you let her go

"You did what?!" Migz exclaimed. They were having some boys night out in his house after Bongbong called them all, telling them he needed them.

"I told her to go. I told her, she can be with Miro." Bongbong said, drinking his beer directly from the bottle.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Koko asked.

"She likes him, pare. I can't compete with that." Bongbong sighed.

"But she loves you!" Win exclaimed. The boys nodded.

"Not anymore." Bongbong said, sadly.

"But you still love her, do you?" Neil asked the other way around.

"It doesn't matter now." Bongbong drank all the remaining beer inside his bottle.

They just sat there almost quietly, staring at the fire they made in the middle with cold beer on their hands. The boys didn't know what to say or advice to their friend now that they saw how complicated the relationship is. They are always supportive of Bongbong and Leni's relationship since day 1 and they cannot afford to watch it dies after decades of fighting for it.

"You fight, pare!" Migz uttered after a long moment of silence. He's still staring at the fire. "You fight for her."

"Yeah." Koko nodded, staring at the fire too. "You can court her again."

"We can court her again. Just like what we did in college." Win followed. He remembered how they helped Bongbong in courting Leni back in college.

"We have all the edge." Neil smiled, thinking of an idea. "We have Sandro after all."

---

The whole barkada were gathered in Bongbong's office one afternoon after Risa brought some snacks. She said it's been a while since they were complete. It's also the perfect time to plan for Grace's upcoming birthday this weekend.

"Simple celebration lang, we can have dinner maybe." Grace announced.

"Ayaw mo ng party mare?" Risa asked.

"Ayoko na ng ganyan mare, parang nakakapagod na." Grace said. She doesn't want to have a big celebration anymore. She just want it simple. "You can bring someone though."

"Ikaw Lens, you're bringing Miro?" Risa asked Leni who's sitting with her. They all looked at her except Bongbong.

"Ha? Um," Leni looked at Bongbong first to find some hints but he wasn't looking, "I don't know. I'll ask him."

"Can I bring someone?" Bongbong suddenly asked, he's been quiet since they began eating. Everyone turned to look at him.

"Sino?" Risa asked.

"You know her." Bongbong gave a hint.

"Okay. Ikaw bahala." Grace just nodded. He seemed weird, she thought.

---

Bongbong went outside his office to follow Leni after he realized that she didn't gave him the enough documents he needed. "Atty.!" He called out for her.

She turned around, "Yes, sir?"

They met halfway. "You didn't submit the other report. Yung bagong property in Laguna."

She frowned, racking her brain about that document. "Oh yeah yeah, sorry. Di ko ba nadala? Naiwan yata sa office ko. I'll just get it, sorry."

"No, it's okay. Mark will get it from you. Huwag ka na bumalik, padala mo nalang sa kanya." He suggested. She nodded and walked away with Mark following her.