In Denial

Leni felt bad about the fact that she offended him. She honestly didn't have an idea that he actually has an issue towards mascots. She felt guilty and think of an idea that would make him forgave her.

The next day in school, Leni immediately texted Bongbong that she has something for him. He didn't want surprises so he insisted that she needed to tell him what was it but she asserted also that he needs to meet her. He agreed anyway.

He waited for her outside of her classroom as he always do whenever it's lunch break. She smiled and walked towards him.

"May surprise ako sa'yo!" She stated happily.

He sighed as he hates surprises. "Ano? Bilis na at gutom na ako. Hindi ako nagbreakfast!"

"Ang init naman ng ulo mo. Galit kapa rin ba saakin?" She asked transitioning her happy aura into serious one.

He sighed as he didn't want to left him hanging. He need to know what surprise she was talking about. "Haay naku! Ang dami mong sinasabi! Ano nga yung 'surprise' mo?!"

"Pikit ka muna!" She requested.

He sighed and rolled his eyes but he closed his eyes.

"Bilis na! Ang tagal naman!" He uttered waspishly.

She get something inside her bag immediately and showed it to him while his eyes closed. "Okay na!" She uttered.

He opened his eyes,he gasped. "Tadaaa! Surprise!" Leni exclaimed as she show to him a jollibee stuff toy.

"Ano ba?! Ilayo mo nga saakin yan!" He panicked.

"Sige na! Kunin mo na,surprise ko yan sa'yo para mawala na yung takot mo." She explained as she thought it would be a better idea to give him that,maybe if he can saw it every day he'll get used to it and eventually help him to overcome his fears.

"Ayoko nga!" He exclaimed as he didn't like the idea. "Itapon mo na nga yan!" He followed as he tried to distance himself from her.

Leni felt offended with his reaction especially when he suggested to just put it into trash. She actually exerted so much effort just to avail the stuff toy as it was the last piece and she pleaded to another customer who's going to buy the toy to just let her buy the last piece and yet he didn't even gave her a chance or the stuff toy a chance to help him.

She turned quiet and stop protesting. "Sige. Bigay ko nalang sa iba. Akala ko pa naman maappreciate mo yung effort ko." She felt so woebegone.

She suddenly caught his attention. Her eyes,her voice,her face - she's heartsick and it's because of him. He didn't know what pull she has but every time he caused her pain,sadness or disappointment he  feel disappointed to himself as well and he hated himself for causing her such feelings.

He sighed heavily. "Sige na,akin na yan!"

"Huwag na. Okay lang kung ayaw mo." She uttered sadly and started to put the stuff toy inside her bag.

"Haay! Ang kulit,akin na nga! Surprise mo saakin yan diba?" He convinced her but she just ignored him and continued to open her bag.

He clicks his tongue and grabbed the stuff toy from her,she gasped. "Ano-" She protested but he cut her off by hugging her tight.

"Thank you,Mahal." He whispered and kissed her temple. She smiled and pressed her face on his chest.

---

Bongbong entered the classroom after his lunch with Leni,he immediately caught the attention of his friends as he was still carrying the stuff toy she gave him earlier.

"Ano yan? Bakit may stuff toy ka ni jollibee? Diba takot ka dyan?" Migz  remarked.

"Oo nga pare!" Win supported. "Pero ang cute mo dyan ha! Bagay sa'yo!" He jested causing the laughter.

Bongbong playfully punched Win's arm. "Mga sira ulo kayo!"

"Teka nga,saan mo ba nakuha yan? Atsaka bakit ka nga may dala nyan?" Koko asked after the laughter subsided.

"Bigay ni Leni." Bongbong uttered softly.

"Ayun naman pala!" Win exclaimed. "Kaya naman pala hanggang ngayon bitbit mo kasi galing kay Leni! I'm sure kilig na kilig ka kanina!"

"Baliw!" Bongbong countered. They all laughed.

"Sus! In denial kapa! Eh halata namang may gusto kana kay Leni!" Win refuted.

"Gusto mo bang sa mukha na kita suntukin?" Bongbong threatened playfully but the blush on his face was evident.

"Teka nga Bong,umamin ka nga!" Migz started. "Kayo ba ni Leni nasa 'agreement' stuff pa or... totohanan na?"

"Oo nga pare! Napapansin namin parang something na eh." Koko concurred. "Palagi kayong magkasama,magkausap,palagi kang nakasmile."

"At araw-araw mong hinahatid sa bahay nila!" Win added.

Bongbong chuckled. "Mga baliw talaga kayo noh! Syempre tulad parin ng dati,agreement lang. Besides parang wala naman syang nararamdaman para saakin eh!"

"Pero ikaw may nararamdaman na para sa kanya!" Migz stated.

Bongbong turned quiet.

"Ayun!" Win exclaimed after a while. "In love na!"

Bongbong punched his arm again. "Gago! Hindi!"

"Lokohin mo sarili mo!" Win refuted.

---

"...pumunta sa bahay namin." Leni finished her story about Bongbong who personally asked permission from her parents if they can go out last Sunday.

Risa and Grace noticed that there's something on her smile every time she mentioned Bongbong. They were quite amused also as their relationship is starting to go deeper as the days passed by.

"Uy,Leni ha! Napapansin namin parang ang close nyo nang dalawa." Grace started.

"Oo nga, sure ba kayong agreement lang lahat 'to? Baka naman in love na kayo sa isa't-isa?" Risa supported.

"Ha? Ano ba kayo! Syempre agreement lang. No strings attached." Leni defended.

"Hmm? Sure kaba?" Risa doubted. "Eh kahit wala si Louise magkaholding hands kayo,tapos kahit Linggo magkasama parin kayo!"

"Leni ha,baka naman kayo na hindi kaman lang nagsasabi saamin!" Grace hypothesized.

Leni chuckled. "Alam nyo para kayong ewan. Paano naman magiging kami eh si Louise nga ang mahal nun. Tsaka diba sabi ko sainyo,hindi sya ang type ko? Ang yabang,arogante,basagulero,babaero... Tapos look at him,parang hindi kayang bumili ng pang-shave!"

"Sus! Baka naman niloloko mo lang yang sarili mo? Ayaw mo lang aminin na in love ka na sa kanya." Risa remarked.

Leni laughed. "Hindi ko talaga sya gusto,promise! Wala talaga as in wala!" She swore.