Right

The next day,Bongbong went back to his same routine and waited Leni outside of her room. When they were already settled at their table to eat,she noticed that he seemed to be too focused on his phone.

"Mahal,kain kana muna." She suggested. He didn't react and continued typing. "Uy,Bong!" She lightly kicked his feet under the table.

He was startled. "Ha? Sorry,Mahal ano nga yun?"

She sighed. "Sabi ko kumain kana muna. Mamaya na yang phone."

"Ah. Sorry." He chuckled and put his phone inside his pocket as he started to eat.

---

"Mahal,tara date tayo!" Bongbong cheerfully invited her the moment she went out of her classroom. She was surprised by his sudden invitation but she loved the idea anyway so she agreed.

They were strolling at the mall while holding each other's hands when he felt his phone vibrating. He carefully withdrew his hand and smiled as he read something on his phone making her curious.

"Sino nagtxt Mahal?" She asked while he was quickly typing something.

"Ha? Ah. Yung kaibigan ko lang Mahal. Nangungumusta lang." He replied without looking at her as he was busy typing. She nodded and silently walked towards her favorite fast food chain,jollibee.

When they were already settled on their seats,Bongbong initiated to take their orders as he usually do unconsciously leaving his phone on their table.

Suddenly,his phone rings startling Leni. She looked at him but he's not looking back at her as he was busy taking their orders so she decided to just ignored his phone and just wait for him. After a while,his phone rang again making her curious of who's calling him repeatedly. She discretely peeked at his phone to know who's calling,her eyes widened as she saw the caller.

Louise Araneta
Calling...

She was startled when he suddenly came,"Eto na,Mahal!" He cheered as he placed the tray on their table and settled himself.

"May tumatawag nga pala sa'yo." She uttered coldly.

"Sino Mahal?" He asked and checked his phone.

"Si Louise." She uttered softly without looking at him as she was starting to consume her food.

His eyes widened as it sank to him that she actually saw Louise calling him. It bothered him. He was about to explain himself but his phone suddenly ring again.

"Sagutin mo na,kanina pa siya tumatawag." She said calmly.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he felt uncomfortable 😣  She nodded.

2 minutes later and he went back again. She didn't show so much reaction and just quietly consuming her food. It made him guilty somehow and he felt like he needed to explain.

"Mahal,sorry ha tumawag si Louise. Pero don't worry may tinanong lang siya,that's it." He explained. She just nodded without looking at him.

After they had their snack,they resumed strolling at the mall but she seemed to be quiet and serious,she didn't even reciprocated his hand holding. It disturbed him.

"Mahal? Are you okay?" He asked. She nodded. "Sure?" He followed up.

"Oo nga! Ang kulit mo naman!" She replied irritably 😤  "Tara na nga umuwi na tayo,pagod na ako!"

He quietly drove her home as he felt her coldness since she knew about Louise calling him. It made him so guilty ☹️

She went down immediately as he pull over in front of their house,he knew he needed to talk to her.

"Mahal,wait lang. Can we talk?" He asked as he went down also from his bike.

She looked him coldly.

"About Louise. I'm sorry hindi ko sinabi agad sa'yo na nagkakausap kami." He bowed his head in guilt.

"Kailan pa?" She asked calmly.

"Nung Sunday." He uttered still bowing his head.

"Kaya ba hindi ka tumawag saakin nung gabi kasi magkasama kayo? Kaya ba hindi ka nakasama saamin maglunch kasi siya kasama mo? At kaya rin ba nakakalimutan mong tumawag kasi magkausap kayo?" She asked him calmly.

He nodded. "I'm sorry 😔"

She sighed. "May pa kaibigan kaibigan kapang excuse." She uttered as she realized that he's making his "kaibigan" an excuse.

"I'm sorry,Mahal pero wala naman yun eh. Walang nangyayari saamin,promise. Tinawagan nya ko bigla nung Sunday,nag coffee kami pero as friends nalang yun,Mahal. Maniwala ka." He explained eagerly.

"You don't need to explain,Bong. It's fine." She uttered calmly.

"Mahal naman eh. Maniwala kanaman saakin. Wala lang talaga yun,promise hindi ko na siya kakausapin. Sorry na." He swore.

"Okay lang talaga Bong. Ano naman kung nagkikita at naguusap kayo diba? Yun naman talaga ang goal natin diba,yung bumalik sya sa'yo? Well I think we're getting there. You don't need to explain kasi hindi naman tayo in the first place. Hindi mo kailangan magsinungaling kasi kayo naman talaga sa simula palang kaya huwag kanang mag-isip na galit ako or what kasi hindi naman ako galit... And I don't have the right to feel such." She forced a smile.

"Pero-" She cut him off.

"Sige na. Uwi kana at gabi na." She managed to smile.

He nodded in guilt. He leaned closer aiming to kiss her cheeks as he always do but she looked down implying that she don't like the idea. He sighed and kissed her forehead instead. "Goodnight,take care!"

She just gave him a weak smile and nodded.

---

He was already settled on his bed but he can't help but to think about her. It made him so guilty knowing that he lied to her. Although she told him that he don't need to worry about her and that she doesn't feel any anger,he felt that he should make it up to her and owe her an explanation.

He tried calling her but she didn't pick up any of his calls so he decided to just leave her a text message.

"Mahal?"
Sent 10:03pm

"Mahal,can we talk? Please?"
Sent 10:10pm

"Mahal? Please pick up. Tumatawag ako."
Sent 10:23pm

"Mahal,sorry na. Hindi na mauulit. Hindi na ako magsisinungaling. Please kausapin mo naman ako."
Sent 10:27pm

"Sige kung ayaw mo akong kausapin ngayon,I'll wait for you."
Sent 10:30 pm

"Goodnight,Mahal 😘❤️"
Sent 10:37pm

To be continued...