For Each Other

"She kept on checking her phone in between paperwork but still, there's no reply from him." She sighed. It's been two days since she last saw him, he said he's busy taking care of some projects but today was different. He's not answering any of her calls or messages. She went to his office to check of he's there.

"Hi! Anya, nandyan ba boss mo?" She asked.

"Ay naku Atty. wala po eh. Wala po sya today." Anya replied.

"Bakit di ka nya sinama?" Leni asked, Anya is BBM's secretary so wherever he go, she's with him.

"Di naman po kasi business yung reason bakit wala si BBM." Anya hinted.

Leni frowned, her heart beats faster, what could've happened to him? "Where is he?"

Anya was about to answer when Risa and Grace interrupted, "Mare! Halika na! Nandito ka lang pala." Risa said.

"Huh? Why? Anong meron?" Leni asked curiously.

"Kanina ka pa namin hinahanap, ikaw nalang ang wala. Nasa baba na yung mga boys naghihintay." Risa hinted.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" Leni asked again. She didn't know what they're talking about.

"You're looking for Bong right?" Grace asked. Leni nodded. "Pupuntahan natin sya."

"Death anniversary ng mommy nya." Risa revealed.

----

He lighted a candle in front of his mom's tomb, it's been years since he lost his mom and there's a part of him telling himself that he's the reason why she's gone now.

"I missed you every day, mom." He shed a tear. "I'm sorry."

He suddenly felt hands on his shoulders, then arms which enveloped him into a back hug. Then, whispered, "I'm here mahal ko."

He smiled and bowed his head, he knew it's Leni. He can feel the same solacement she's giving him ever since. He intertwined his fingers with hers which was still hugging him, he kissed the back of it. He's thankful for her right now.

She kissed his cheek, "I miss you."

He looked up to her and gave her a peck on the lips, "I miss you more baby."

"Hoyyy! Wag nyo yan gawin dito!" A voice suddenly interrupted them, it was Risa. Bongbong and Leni chuckled and withdrew from the hug. They turned and there he saw the whole barkada entering the mausoleum with food.

Bongbong exchange some pleasantries with the rest of the barkada. Then, they settled themselves into some mono block chairs with a table between them. They started to savor the food they brought.

"Why are you all here?" Bongbong asked.

"Eh naisip namin na samahan ka dito." Koko said.

"Alam naman namin na pupunta ka dito so ayon." Migz followed.

"Kaya day off na muna tayong lahat today." Grace said.

"Yess!!" Win clapped.

Everyone laughed.

"And speaking of day off." Risa started. "Win and I decided to have another anniversary celebration."

"But this time, we'll do it in the beach!" Win followed.

"Wow! That's nice!" Neil beamed.

"Oo nga pare! Kailan yan? Bongbong asked.

"This weekend." Win announced. "Ano kaya ba?"

"Sure!" Everyone affirmed.

"Where are we going then?" Leni asked.

"Remember the resort in Batangas we stayed in before? When we had our sem break vacation?" Risa hinted.

"Yeah! Of course! Ang saya nun eh!" Migz beamed.

"Dun tayo pupunta." Risa announced.

"How many days are we gonna stay there?" Grace asked.

"Just for the weekend maybe." Win answered.

"So okay! Everything's set! Just like before, I'm in charge of the hotel!" Koko committed.

Everyone was ecstatic. They're going on a vacation this weekend after decades, but this time they're with their kids.

——

Leni and Bongbong were nestling together at the bed, she decided to spend the night at his house after having dinner with the whole barkada. He was a bit surprised with her decision to stay for the night especially when he's sure she didn't have some clothes to change. He did offered to drop by her house to get her things but she declined telling him, "Ay do I still need to put on some clothes? Tatanggalin mo lang naman eh. I'm sure we'll be naked until the sun goes up again."

He did laughed after hearing that, but he thought about it for a second and concluded that she has a point. Ending was, they made love again 💕

"Thank you for being here." He whispered through her ears. They just finished making love. They were spooning in bed.

"Why you didn't tell me?" She asked.

"Tell you what?" He asked her back.

"About what happened to your mom." She answered. "Grace and Ris told me what happened. I feel guilty about it." She bowed her head.

He made her face her, "Hey, don't feel guilty about what happened. It's not your fault. None of this is your fault."

"You should have told me about it sooner. Things would've been different by now." She said, sadly. She can imagine how things will not be this complicated if he told her everything that happened to him when she left for England.

He cupped her face, "This is our destiny, mahal. What happened before is all in the past now. What important is, we're here together. Don't blame yourself for something you're not in control with."

"But you have to promise me that you'll tell me everything. Please be honest with me, Bong." A tear fell from her eye. She's really emotionally right now, a lot of memories flashed back to her.

He dried her tears using his thumb, "I will be honest with you, mahal. I am still not forgetting the promise we made back then, that we will be honest with each other." He reminded her. They agreed not to hide things from each other when they were still in college, and he's fulfilling it until now.

She gave him a peck in the lips, "Thank you, mahal."

He smiled and kissed her back, "Thank you too, mahal ko."

"I'll always be here for you." She uttered.

He smiled, "We'll always be there for each other."

To be continued...

💛❤️