Christmas prep went wrong

A/N: This fanfic is 5 years old today!

---

"Anong dadalhin natin?"

Two weeks before Christmas, Leni and Bongbong has been asking the same question to each other whenever they are reminded that they will spend Christmas together with Anya's family. It will be the first Christmas that they will be together as a family.

"Magtake out nalang tayo." Bongbong suggested.

"Pasko tapos takeout?" Leni was hesitant.

"Why not? I used to order food for Christmas before." He said.

"That was different. You used to live alone before, wala ang mommy mo diba?" She tried to prove a point, but she realized it was kinda insensitive.

He just looked at her with sad eyes, bowed his head continuing his paperwork.

"I'm sorry. That was insensitive." She apologized.

He just nodded without looking at her.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." She walked towards him and gave him a hug through his shoulders.

"It's okay." He said, flatly. "Totoo naman eh."

She felt bad. She suddenly recalled how much he suffered when he was a kid when his dad died and his mom went abroad. He was left alone.

"Daddy—" she was about to apologize again when he cut her off.

"Sige na, okay na nga yun. Ikaw nalang bahala kung anong dadalhin natin kina Anya. May meeting lang ako. Excuse me." He said, walking towards the door with his folders.

She sighed.

---

The ride on the way home was quiet. Neither one of them is speaking. She observed how sad he was making her more guilty even more. She shouldn't said those things earlier. She regret all the things she said to him especially when she witnessed him struggling before because of his relationship with his mom. She was there to help him overcome his fears of welcoming his mom back into his life. She told him that she will stick around through the good and bad days.

"Daddy" she started, they just settled themselves in bed quietly. "Pagod ka ba?"

"Yes." He answered.

"Can we talk?" She asked again.

"Pagod ako." He said.

"Please?" She pleaded.

"Leni, pagod nga ako. Bukas nalang yan. Matulog ka na. Maaga tayong aalis bukas, madami akong gagawin." He uttered, a bit irritable.

"Okay." She almost whispered. "Good night. I love you." She kissed his cheek.

He closed his eyes.

---

The next days have been quite for Bongbong and Leni. They still do their routine as a couple and as colleagues, but with less talking and less flirting. This setup remained until his staff was able to tell that they're not okay.

"Nagpadeliver ako ng food." Leni said upon spotting him outside his office talking to Mark.

He nodded.

"Kain na tayo?" She asked. Bringing a brown paper bag containing the food she ordered.

"Mauna ka na. May gagawin pa ako." He said.

"I'll wait for you nalang." She suggested.

"Kumain ka na, baka mamaya pa ako." He insisted.

She suddenly felt bad. "Okay. Pero I'll prepare your food na."

He nodded.

His staff discretely looked at each other after Leni proceeded inside his office. They knew their bosses are fighting.

---

"Tanong mo nga si Bong kung magkakasama silang mga boys." Risa told Leni. They were inside the coffee shop.

"Ayaw ko." Leni said.

Grace and Risa frowned st her.

"Hindi kami okay." Leni revealed.

"Bakit?" Grace asked.

"May nasabi kasi ako nung isang araw. Na-offend yata eh." Leni explained briefly.

"Nag-usap na ba kayo?" Grace asked.

Leni shook her head.

"Mag-usap kasi kayong dalawa." Grace said, "Hindi na kayo mag boyfriend and girlfriend ha. May anak na kayo and you're living in one house, para na din kayong mag-asawa so ayusin nyo yan."

"Correct!" Risa agreed.

Leni sighed.

💖❤️