Be my Parrot!//Chapter 1

Image above is my own, it's a little drawing of Faythe when she joins the straw-hats, just to give you an idea of what she looks like!

Enjoy
______________________________

Leaping from branch to branch, tree to tree, she landed on a platform at surrounded the islands largest tree, also accompanied by Doctor Hui's house that she and he lived in over the past years. The jungle vines swung with the autumn's breeze. The wind sweeping the girl-   Lady's scarlet hair. She opened her arms, welcoming the wind flowing past her, ruffling her feathers in the process. The chained bracelet that hung from her pants, dangled around as she shifted it her spot.

"Faythe!"

Looking down, Faythe could see her guardian's figure, almost seemingly a dot from how up she was.

"I'm visiting the street market! I was wonderin' if you wanted to come with!" He called, holding a cloak in his arms. The man that raised her had gotten more older by the years that passed. His strong form that she watched countless times, grew feeble and hunched over, carrying himself with just a cane.

"If I go.. Can we buy some candy!?" Faythe called back.

After a few minutes of silence she nodded his approval which sent the girl jumping off the towering branch in excitement. Kicking off, sent her spiraling in the air, twisting her arms out like she could fly, feathers sprouted from her arms, covering her body fully, her legs twisted into sharp talons. Fully transformed, she dove straight down, feathers trailing behind her in the air. The chained bracelet held tightly around her Parrot form's neck.

Almost reaching the ground, she instantly spread out her wings from her sides. The wind wind holding her made her almost shoot back right up. She always loved seeing her wings all the way spread out, it sent waves of happiness down her body, as if she was showing off her colored feathers to the world.

Landing on the doctor's shoulder, she did a little squeak and they made they're way out of the mazed jungle. She perched herself on his shoulder because it would be more comfortable for her and the old man, seeming as he didn't have any back problems.

Now walking down the road into town, Faythe could see the many buildings and shops that decorated the streets. It always amazed her how things could be so peaceful, must've been Doctor Hui's doing when she was younger.

Over the years, Faythe had took it upon herself to learn how to fight, hunt and train her Devil-Fruit. Dr. Hui helped something but only when it came to self defense, he was a retired Marine. Though he wasn't one of the bad ones that clung to their titles, he was a good man that only went after the bad pirates that caused ruckus around the island. It wasn't that bad growing up, though she couldn't shake off the weird looks she got from some townspeople, but having Dr. Hui by me, helped clear some of their doubts.

"Faythe, once we enter the shop, you can pick out which candy you want, let's meet back at the center fountain, okay..?" He chuckled to himself as he propped me off his shoulder onto the ground. I twirled around and the feathers were gone. The clothes I wore before were back on my body just as it should be.  We kept walking til we saw a shop with a sign that was shaped as a little candy bar.

"Remember, center fountain." He repeated again wearily.

"Yes, I got it already! Hurry up you old fool!" She laughed at his father instinct that clicked ever sense she was taken in. Watching the old man shuffle away with his cane, she turned to enter the store.