Dreams//Chapter 56

~This is a glimpse of Faythe and Corbett's mother~

~When she was younger~
...
Sitting on the edge of the cliff that faced the wide sea, the red head girl sat with her knees to her chest, a large sun hat draping her locks. Hearing a couple of footsteps, she turned her head to meet her big brother and friend waving at her.

"Hey guys...!" She waved back with a wide smile, her face visibly brightening at the sight of them.

Corbett and Zimri sat on each side of her, feeling the breeze brush their cheeks.

Zimri leaned back his bandana wrapped snuggly around his forehead to keep his blonde curls out of his face, "What role do you wanna have on the ship?" He asked.

The girl shrugged, wrapping her arms around her knees, "Dunno. I can't cook. I can't navigate... I can't even fight properly." She let out a bored sigh.

Corbett nudged his sister softly, gaining her attention, "You don't have to fight, just leave that to your big brothers." He smiled.

"You don't have to know how to cook." Zimri added, "Or navigate."

Corbett turned his gaze out to the sea that let out this soothing blue color, "You just have to be there. Your presence there would give us a tremendous boost in moral."

"So I'll just sit there and do nothing? Act like a little princess?" She frowned at the idea.

Zimri tilted his head confused, "Is that a bad thing?"

"I don't see a problem here either." Corbett nodded.

The girl's frown deepened at their thought process, "OF COURSE THERE IS!"

Both boys flinched at the loud volume of her voice, not expecting her to flare out like that.

She stood up with clenched fists, her eyes squinted at them infuriated, "I don't wanna be a damsel in distress and just have you two save me when we fight every time! I wanna be included! Not on the sidelines and just... Cheer! And act like a fuckin MASCOT!" She stomped her foot at the last word. she crossed her arms, her nostrils flaring angrily.

Zimri was beyond shocked, seeing the girl have a full on tantrum about such a thing.

Corbett however had furrowed brows, his eyes narrowing at his little sister. The bright blue eyes meeting his own, it was a stare down. In his opinion, he saw it as an easy going route. A route in which would give her a sense of safety. No danger she had to worry about, no worrying about getting injured or raising a finger in the matter of fighting. Corbett would rather not go out to sea at all than see his little sister get even a scratch on her body. Not that he would admit that to her right now.

"To be honest with you, I don't want you to fight at all." Corbett finally spoke up.

"Bu-"

"And I still think you should just sit back and relax and leave the fighting all to us. It gives me a sense of reassurance that you aren't gonna be involved." He sighed and scratched his head thinking, "And that's just wishful thinking... I know."

The girl sat back down and listened to her brother's reasoning. A pout still plastered on her face.

"So let's look at this in a different approach." Corbett raised his hand out in a gesture, "If a enemy gets out of our line of sight and turns to you as a weak point, they'll use you as bait or hold you hostage."