A New Promise//Chapter 6

"This is some waterway."

"I'm amazed you've managed to dig out such a big hole and live inside here. Is this another one of your ways of having a good time?"

Crocus was sitting in his chair while drifting down the waterway on his mini island, nothing but a tree to accompany him. The Going merry was just beside the floating island as they drifted down towards the exit.

"It's a hobby of mine as a doctor. Don't get the wrong idea. I may not look like much but I'm a real doctor. I even used to run a clinic at the Cape long ago."

"A clinic!?" Faythe popped up from behind Nami. her eyes sparkling in excitement.

"Not only that, I've got a few years under my belt working as a ship doctor too." Crocus chuckled under his breath.

"A doctor!? Really!? Then join my crew as a doctor!" Luffy laughed smiling. His grin never letting up.

"Stop talking nonsense. I'm too old to be dong reckless things unlike you youths." He yelled back, already climbing up the ladder onto the platform.

"So you're a doctor, huh... And your living inside a whale?" Nami leaned on the rails to chat with the man. Faythe jut leaned back on Nami's back tiredly.

"That's right. With a whale this big, It's impossible to properly treat it from the outside." He said turned a metal piece, "Ill open the gate now."

As those words left his mouth, The gate was pushed open at a slow pace. Though that didn't matter to Faythe as she leaped off the ship, much to Nami's complaints on watching her health.

The feeling of being contained, felt terrible to her. bringing back terrible memories of a certain cage. She pushed herself more up into the air, the winds escaping through her feathers. Once she thought she was high enough, she released her feathers, getting a better look at the sky, she reached her hand out, almost thinking she could grasp it. The wind was now fleeting her body as she felt, she was falling. Feathers now covering her arms and body, she twirled into a circular motion, spiraling down. Just a few inches from the water and she spread out her wings, the wind pulling her back. The feeling of flying exhilarated her. It made her feel like she could be free of the chains that were placed on her.

"We're out!! I CAN SEE THE SKY AT LAST!" Luffy's shout brought Faythe back to reality. Now swerving back, she glided back down to the ship as it sailed out of the whale's side.

"What should we do with these two?"

"Just throw them over somewhere around here."

As soon as the two people were thrown over, they woke up.

"UBAGH! Where are we?"

"Is this stomach acid!?"

"No, we appear to be in the real ocean, Ms. Wednesday." The crowned one huffed out in relief.

"We must've been knocked out by those pirates. Mr. 9!" The blue haired one exclaimed with a frown.

Luffy watched the whole interaction between the two while leaning over the rails, "So... Who were you guys again?"

Faythe snorted from her spot on Luffy's shoulder.

"SHUT UP! IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Ms. Wednesday and Mr. 9 shouted at him.

"No wait, Miss Wednesday. Perhaps it is their business. As long as they're pirates, that is." Mr. 9 held up his hand in a weird motion, though it looked like his pinky was dislocated in an angle that isn't really good.

"True indeed, Mr. 9. Our organization may have some use for you." Ms. Wednesday pointed at us, "Prepare yourselves!"

"Then we bid you good day until next time, you hillbilly pirates!" Mr. 9 yells at the top of his lungs, while swimming away at full speed.