Croco's Grand Plan!//Chapter 44

"So it's begun..." Zoro muttered.

"This filthy lizard..." Faythe gritted her teeth.

"He planned all of it..." Nami started to sweat nervously.

"Baroque Works' grand plan win which even you participated in has now reached it's finale... If you listen carefully, you can almost hear Alabasta's death throes!" Crocodile chuckled amused at the crew's reactions, "And the masterstroke is how those tearing Alabasta apart, are sincerely thinking of protecting Alabasta!"

Vivi's face paled dramatically as she must've thought of her father and people killing and slaughtering each other with the thought of protecting their country, "NOOO! STOP THIS MADNESS!"

"HAHAHA! Doesn't that bring a tear to your eye? Their love for their country, is what will bring it to it's destruction!"

"...Depraved is the perfect word to describe this lunatic." Zoro furrowed his brows, glaring at said man.

"Heartless is another." Faythe hissed.

"DAMN IT! IF IT WEREN'T FOR THIS CAGE, I'D..." Luffy was fuming with anger as he started to roll up his robe's sleeves.

"Haha... Looking back, I've had to do so many things to get where I am today... I had to recruit hundreds of members and have them hunt bounties so that I could raise enough money to buy silver, the key ingredient in manufacturing Dance Powder..." Crocodile chuckled, looking a little dazed, as he started naming a list of his chores, "Secretly sabotage irrigation canals, Teach men how to act the part of a Royal Guard, and slowly build up the citizens' trust in me as their faith in their King whittled away..."

"This man is sick." Faythe crossed her arms.

"Do you know why I've put myself through all this trouble and try to take over your country, Ms. Wednesday..?" Crocodile turned his smirk towards the Princess.

"HOW WOULD I KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THAT WARPED HEAD OF YOURS!?" Vivi sputtered out.

"What an ill-mannered princess you are..." Crocodile dragged out a smoke.

Faythe glanced back at Lung Cancer and saw him looking at someone. She followed his gaze until it landed on that Ms. All-Sunday lady, who warned them of Little Garden. But what made Faythe confused is that the woman unmistakably warned them of the Baroque Works that were on the island. So that left multiple questions running through her head as the woman only stood back and smiled at the whole thing.

What was her role in this whole grand plan anyway?

Clank!

Vivi had toppled over on her side as she tried to get up and run. The rope that restricted her on her wrists kept her bound to her chair, "Ngh...!"

"Hm? What do you think you're doing, Ms. Wednesday?" Of course it had to catch Crocodile's attention.

"I'LL STOP YOUR PLANS! I CAN STILL MAKE IT! IF I HEAD EAST RIGHT NOW... I MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO REACH ALUBARNA BEFEORE THE REBELS DO! THERE'S STILL A SMALL CHANCE THAT I CAN STOP THE REBELS!"

Faythe wanted to face-palm herself as she just heard Vivi yell out her entire plan to Crocodile, "Vivi... I love you, but this is just plain stupid.."

"Oh, What a coincidence! My associate and I, are also going to be on our way to Alubarna, to ask you father a question...!" Crocodile's smirk only widened at that.

"Wha... WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO WITH MY FATHER!?" Vivi shouted out worriedly.

"Concerned? I wonder what's more important to you... Your father or your people?" Crocodile dug in his coat for an inner pocket and pulled out a golden key with three loops on the end, "In any case, whether you come along or not is your choice..."