Desert Havoc!//Chapter 37

Art by yours truly

"Ughh..." The crew was now making their way through the hot desert. The exhaustion Faythe had couldn't be counted.

"Can you stop panting like that, Luffy!? Just hearing it is tiring me out..!" Nami complained.

"Ughhh... I'm roasting up...." Luffy was using a random stick to pull his weight, "Can't even... Sweat anymore..."

"I'm going to be cooked by the time we get there..." Faythe grunted. Corbett was sniffing the air around her playfully.

"Smell that?" He muttered out loud, catching a few of the crewmates attention.

"Smell what?" Faythe was getting nervous by how serious her brother was acting.

"Nevermind, must be my sister." He waved his hand, shrugging away the whole tension.

"IDIOT! DONT MAKE SOMETHING SO SERIOUS!" Both Nami and Vivi smacked him in the head.

"I'm done for... I'm fine with the cold but the heat's no good..." Chopper panted out, laying on a makeshift sled the crew made to carry him, which was being dragged by Zoro himself.

"It's because you're so fluffy. Maybe you oughta take off your fur coat?" Usopp stated with squinted eyes.

"YOU MAKIN' FUN OF JUST 'CAUSE I'M A REINDEER!?" Chopper grew into his human size and roared at Usopp, trying to scare him.

"GYAAAA! MOOOONSTEEEER!" Which he successfully did.

"CHOPPER! I'M NOT GONNA PULL YOU IF YOU TURN BIG!" Zoro hollered back.

"That's kinda cool.." Corbett muttered to himself, watching the whole fiasco happen.

"...You seem to be holdin' up pretty well, Vivi." Sanji commented.

"Well, I was born and raised in this country." Vivi smiled back.

"Man, what is up with all these hills?" Faythe complained out, her jacket trailing behind her, "It's like I'm hiking up a mountain here..."

"This is a very old desert. Some of the larger sand dunes here reach over 300 meters."

"T-three hundred!? I thought this was a desert, not a mountain range..." Usopp eyed the princesses warily.

"I've never heard a mountain range so fricken hot.." Faythe tilted her head towards the sky. A jacket was then blocking her view of the hazy sky. Looking towards the person responsible, it was her brother.

"What are you doing..?" She asked slowly, watching his face expression.

"What do you mean, I'm being a big brother and taking care of his sister. Also I noticed that you started to slow down. I guess the heat is getting to ya." Corbett turned his head to her crew, watching them carefully.

"Are you being cautious with y crew?"

"I'm not gonna lie to ya and say no."

"Why?" She tilted her head to the right.

"God, that habit of yours is reminding me of when we were young.." Corbett brushed his bangs back with his fingers, wiping the sweat off.

"Answer the question." Faythe jabbed her elbow into his side.

"Let's just say that being cautious was drilled into me by a very strict swordsman." Corbett answered vaguely.

Focusing back to her crew after receiving the most vague message ever, Faythe saw Luffy take out their water supply.